Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John_Flynn

Re: Allergy Show
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 10:40:19 am »
Wot yer got t remember us lads upt north have all us Pidgeon Dust to contend wi as well as them ther mites S***.
I get better looking each day!!

Ian Hare

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 11:04:39 am »
We could all ask Asthma UK, WHY they are telling people this.
See their web site for contacts.
Perhaps we already know the answer though!
Regards Ian.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 11:49:14 am »
Hi Guys,

I've had a quick look at the Asthma UK website which seems to be balanced and not promoting anything in particular , although I may have missed something ;)

Where it says remove carpets , it also says treat soft furnishings with an acaricide , which is defined as a chemical which kills mites.

I know Allergstop does not actually kill the mites but is it classed as an acaricide.

Presumably Promite is an acaricide.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers,

Doug

garyj

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2005, 12:32:17 pm »
All you A-Stop boys should print this off and go and give it to Asthma UK. That'll show 'em.

www.healthyflooring.net

John_Flynn

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 01:06:10 pm »
Nice One Gary.

You never sent a reply to my PM message to your G/F !!
I get better looking each day!!

stevegunn

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 07:45:17 pm »
Check my website out interesting video about carpets takes a long time to load but worth it.

http://www.freewebs.com/allerg-stop/index.htm

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 08:49:26 pm »
Wait to see Asthma UK next time round............they have been enlightened at the show  :o

Derek_Walker

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 10:57:38 pm »
Hi Doug,

Allerg-Stop mattress spray & carpet / upholstery cleaner kill the mites with long term effect plus disinfects the the cleaned surfaces

therapist

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:10 pm »
The comments from Derek Walker stimulated my memory

Attended a meeting several years ago where we were introduced to an amazing product, which kills d/m, and prevents reinfestation by remaining in the fabric, or on the surface, where newly laid eggs are penetrated and killed

I think the product also killed all bacteria.

Unfortunately,the UK licence changed hands and the new owner was only interested in  selling to distributors , prepared to make a large investment.

r m

Doug Holloway

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2005, 07:16:08 am »
Derek,

I didn't thing AS actually killed the mites, does'nt it modify the mite droppings?

Cheers,

Doug

stevegunn

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:33 am »
Doug

The sole killing of the mites is never sufficient to efficiently combat the allergy-release. Only Allerg-STOP®  ensures the elimination* of mite excrement. At the same time additives kill the mites with long-term effect and actively sanitising.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2005, 08:03:27 am »
Is this Alerg Stop product the only product available in the Uk that elimates everything.

What other products are acaricides that are available.

Remember probably still is available seeing a dust mite spray in Tescos think it was about £15

Only seemed to protect for two weeks.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2005, 08:34:19 am »
Hi Doug

Allerg-Stop breaks down the protein structures which cause the allergic reaction, so that the human body no longer regards it as an enemy. At the same time it kills the mites and disinfects the surface above MRSA level.

therapist

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2005, 10:37:10 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, it's the enzyme within the d /m's digestive system that actually causes the problem.

So......

Kill the dustmites, which I know Promite will do, possibly others, also, but I have no first hand knowledge of this,

Thoroughly clean with your personal choice of product.

Apply an acaricide type product which is known to remain active for 6-12 months

Advise the client about the importance of air flow throughout the house..........

Advise client about the importance of proper and regular vacuuming, ideally with water filtration, which is far superior to any dry fotm of filtration and is not expensive. .....An opportunity to sell an ethical and genuine, health improvement product.

Advise client about regular professional cleaning to maintain their healthier environment.

OK let the arrows fly...........but, that is the reality unless you know better.

this is the approach I take and probably quite a few others, except for water filtration, which some of you might have no knowledge of and out of respect for the Host I won't suggest any particular supplier, but there is a machine made for a British supplier, to their spec' which you can buy for less than two hundred pounds

Bye

r m

Apply a

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2005, 11:08:12 pm »
I thought there was a machine called Polti which has water filteration.

But I only noticed it on The Allergy Show Website the other day and have no idea of cost.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2005, 11:47:55 pm »
Therapist,
If,as you suggest, the enzyme in the digestive sytem is the cause of allergens.............killing the mite is not the end of it.!!
People have a reaction to the effects from mite droppings. ............that has been through the system and accounts for more mass than the mites themselves.
If you have a product that can break down the proteins from mite and feaces, then you are on to a winner..............OH, sorry that product is the one i use  ::)

Best of luck with your chosen product ........and may meet on an A/S course in the near future. :-X

Mark Roberts

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005, 12:31:18 am »
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/mites.htm

Interesting website if you have a look around.

Mark

garyj

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 12:49:31 am »
There are many products around which kill dust mites, Sebo even do one of their own. One of the best ways to kill them is direct sunlight or washing at over 60 degrees. This might not get rid of the excrement, but a dead dustmite don't poo much.

therapist

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2005, 07:48:06 am »
The droppings are obviously a direct product resulting from enzymatic action within the gut of the dustmite
By suggesting its the droppings that cause the problem is not wide of the mark, as the droppings will obviously contain traces of enzymes.
It changes nothing in terms of the basics.

POOR VENTILATION / POOR CLEANING /equates to infestation

Good ventilation / Effective cleaning equates to a healthier ( for humans ) environment.

Ian

there is an excellent commercial quality water filtration vac available from Dennis Rawlins which really does what another manufacturer claims, ( full suction all of the time ) but doesn't.

Chris S

Whether it's the enzymes , or the dropping, or the legs, they simply require removal

That's the easy bit, we are after all cleaners

Must go

have a nice day

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2005, 09:19:14 am »
Therapist,
If only it were as simple as REMOVAL.
Some areas such as mattresses require cleaning so as not to water mark or damage and total removal would prove difficult.
The problem needs to be addressed by breaking it down.
I remember my kids coming home with letter from school about nits, cannot simply be washed out. They needed treating first to kill and eggs manually removed  :o

If only things were so simple  ;)

ps. Must go as i have 3 orders to send out for a certain product  :-X