Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Art

Hydromist 625XT large proffesional carpet cleaner
« on: June 14, 2005, 01:14:16 pm »
Hi everyone can i have your views on the above machine please as there's one on ebay does it do a good job is it any good? I've just been out bid on a hydromist champ

Thanks Arthur

Gavin Reardon

Re: Hydromist 625XT large proffesional carpet cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:58:51 pm »
Hi Arther/123James

HOW MUCH DID YOU BID AS THE HIGHEST BID AT THE MOMENT IS ONLY £21.00  ???  ::) ???

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Art

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 06:30:54 pm »
Hi gavin,
I haven't bid anything yet as i'm new to carpet cleaning and was hoping some of the pros on here would advise me

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 07:54:40 am »

Arthur

So what are you on about when you say in your words " Ive just been out bid on a Hydromist champ"

If you are looking to go in to carpet cleaning full time you will need to spend over £5000 to set your self up (AT LEAST)

I own a Hydromist but only ever rent it out, I would never take to a customers home.

Hope this helps

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Art

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 08:05:13 am »
Sorry Gavin  i meant i had been out bid on a champ yesterday on ebay. Thanks for the advice but as i'm only starting off 5K is a bit above my budget at the moment. I've been doing end of tenancy cleans and as i had to turn down some carpet cleaning on a couple i thought i'd get myself on a course and do it myself. I even asked on here if anyone would be interested in taking the jobs on but as yet i've had no takers. So isn't there any half decent machines that are a bit cheaper as the length it takes to dry isn't an issue. But anyway Gavin thanks very much for the advice.

Regards Arthur

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 08:13:51 am »
James,

I would suggest the most important thing to get in a carpet cleaner for this type of work is a built in heater.

These are simple to use and essential on dirty carpets.

It is also worth going for twin vac if you can.

All carpet cleaning machines (portable) are basically vac, pump and optional heater.

Obviously the better vacs / pumps the better the machine , but weight does become an issue.

Off to work now ,

Cheers,

Doug

Art

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 09:22:00 am »
Hi therapist thanks for the input what machines have you got for sale and how much ? The other thing is i use an astra estate so whatever i buy would have to fit.

Regards Arthur

Art

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 09:34:22 am »
Doug,

Thanks for the info need all the help i can get at the moment

Cheers

paul@ctcs

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 01:34:07 pm »

I'm afraid Gavin does have a point!! A carpet cleaning machine is not the only piece of potentially expensive equipment your going to need if your to clean to a professional standard. You will need training £200, quaility vacuum £250, aggitation machine £200, chemicals to get the ball rolling £150 - £200, second hand van £3000, sign writting, £200, sprayer £50+ another £100 worth of  odd bits and then your machine!!!

Not a fan of the Hydromist myself, Your soon going to tire with its week performance and want an upgrade. You buy cheap you buy twice in this business, I got the T-shirt !!

Paul

Matt Read

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 01:58:15 pm »
I'd agree with therapist if its only for end of tenancy cleans,with no one about,we all know you can clean carpets with the most pathetic looking machine ,with the right technique etc....if you're looking to expand then you might want something more impressive looking and it would also save you time and effort on jobs...all depends how much carpet cleaning appeals to you.
Matt

Art

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 02:45:54 pm »
Thanks for all your comments could anyone suggest a decent machine which is both portable and reasonably powerful please

paul@ctcs

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 03:02:05 pm »
123james,

I use an Eclipse which is the most powerful portable available and would obviously recommend this machine to anybody. Saying that, the Eclipse isnt cheap so may not be viable with your current work load.
The prochem machines may be worth a look, they are well built, reliable, and there are plenty available second hand.

Paul

Art

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 03:12:19 pm »
Other than ebay does anyone know of any other places to buy a secondhand machine from? Do any of the stockists do reconditioned ones?

paul@ctcs

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 03:51:52 pm »
The buy and sell section on the two Forums usually turn up a few machines, you could post yourself asking if anyone has a machine for sale, Lots of Eclipse machines have been purchased meaning there are bound to be a few 2 nd hand machines sitting redundant.

Paul

Art

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 04:28:40 pm »
Thanks paul i'll give that a go

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 04:53:58 pm »
i would strongly suggest that you take alook at the deal im offering on the forum. you wont and cant find abetter deal anywhere, i can assure you. this gets you totally equiped for under £5000.and i will even take anything of value in part ex.best ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Art

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 05:37:45 pm »
Thanks for the offer Ron but at this stage of my business the budget wont stretch to that amount. Also as i'm new to carpet cleaning i haven't a clue what most of the stuff is to be honest

Matt Read

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 06:54:14 pm »
Ashby's do second hand reconditioned machines james,but would depend on your budget really. They aren't the best for after sales service but they are very good machines , the ninja is quite easy to replace vac motors and pumps yourself and the actual machine is excellent quality,it also lies flat so shouldn't be a problem for an estate car.
Matt

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 07:52:42 pm »
I disagree with all! ;D

Arthur

Turning down work? Sub it out for the time being (bit of the top every little helps then you can go on a training course first) and be there to learn, that’s how I more or less stated! :(

R M

My pot of gold won’t talk to me, can’t see what I’ve done! ;D

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 10:11:56 pm »
Hi All

When I put my post up how did I know that Therapist and Sherlock
well should we say disagree with me   ;D  ;D  ;D

You two, do make me laugh  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Ok here we go girl's

£2500 for a run a round van add Tax Mot Insurance,Fuel, tyres, etc etc
£200 sigh writing
£200 company Insurance
£200 training
£250 Chemical and bits
£500 machine
£600 advertising
£200 vaccum
£50 business cards
£150 uniform
£400 sprayer and aggitation machine

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

THAT ALONE IS OVER £5000 AND THATS ONLY £500 FOR A MACHINE!! :o

WHAT ARE YOU PAIR OF KNOW IT ALL'S, ON ABOUT ::)

as I am well over six foot tall working with that machine would break my back!!. Plus I would be emptying and filling every 10 mins.  Plus my operation time would increase by an hour or more every job costing me alot of money over time :( . I could go on and on with good reason's as to why I would not take that in to a customers home.  ;)

So Robert when I say I would not take that machine in to a customers House I mean it  ;)

That is nether stupidity or snobbery  just bloody common sence ;)

So let me tell you Mr Robert Melldrum  I im not stupid nor a snob and I do not take kindly to being called so! 

Please think before you post  ;)

Regards Gavin  :-*

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk