Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

spindle

recommendations
« on: June 13, 2005, 04:26:50 pm »
i am looking to buy a cc machine.......but  i would like some opinions as to a good all round cc............any suggestions??       thanx
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

stevegunn

Re: recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 06:31:12 pm »
I have had an extracta exel,a ninja and currently use an eclipse from solution there is no comparison if you can afford it look at the eclipse.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 06:34:48 pm »
ive just seen the new ninja 500. superb looking spec. but quite expensive. and perhaps the eclipse is just as good, and you will get better service from the company. thats not knocking the quality of the new ninja. only the after care
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:09:24 pm »
Machines from ashbys are very good, I have used them for years.The after sales - well where can we start... ask Mr. Straker, I have heard he loves talking about Ashbys.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 08:16:36 pm »
New or second hand you don’t say!

Have only used three portable machines Prochem 100psi, Ninja 135psi (the one I own pump dose let it down a bit) and Eclipse 500psi for the money the eclipse has the edge

Can’t comment on the ninja 500 or it price don’t know.

Think there is another contender in the porties with big psi Kleerite not a million miles away from you! http://www.cleancareint.co.uk/ (if you enquire with them make sure you ask for the two tank model and not the three as used by the favourite ??? ??? ??? ;D also it hasnt a lot of psi

You budget will dictate what you buy and again you don’t say!

Ron

Derek sorted my little problem out today; perhaps it’s my charm! ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

spindle

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:09:45 pm »
sorry i shoulda said.....................iwould like to buy a 2nd hand machine .......then after some time maybe buy a new one

Matt Read

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 05:28:18 pm »
why is cfr never mentioned on these recommendation threads ? i'd be very interested in an honest assessment of these machines....my local supplier sells them and he admitted results are no better or worse than normal hwe but obviously its very beneficial to the operator in terms of time spent at the kitchen sink !
Matt

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 05:51:59 pm »
Hi Spindle2k   ???

How much are you looking to spend?
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 07:23:50 pm »
Treat S/H market as you would do with any cleaning agent!

Matt

It very rarely that use the kitchen sink. ;D

Gav

Has someone got something up for sale  ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

spindle

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 11:10:53 pm »
i am looking at £600-700 total spend .i think that i should get a good s/h machine for that.........but i want to know is it worth spending that on a s/h machine???

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 07:57:11 am »
Hi Len

I might do  ;D  ;D  ;D

Regards Gav  ;)
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:58:47 pm »
Chemspec are doing a detergent free cleaner for Hwe and a pre spray DFC 110 and DFC 200 I think they are called but not in the UK as yet......

Shaun

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 11:18:01 pm »
why is cfr never mentioned on these recommendation threads ? i'd be very interested in an honest assessment of these machines....my local supplier sells them and he admitted results are no better or worse than normal hwe but obviously its very beneficial to the operator in terms of time spent at the kitchen sink !

If you look at some of the replies from 18 months ago the CFR's were 'all the rage' then. 12 months ago it was the Recoil 3 and then recently it has been the Eclipse. Each one has it's meritsw but limited availability and excessive weight seems to be the biggest drawback to all these machines which is why they're not as popular as the likes of Prochem machines.

Regards

Mike

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 11:22:41 pm »
prochem seems to have the weight problem sorted. funny thing my ninjas i never new could be laid down till the other day so much for ----- advice peace ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 11:25:10 pm »
theres nothing better than the spot pro . i need 3 used ones any idea ron

jcbdfa

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 11:36:54 pm »
the alltec aqua range are cheap cheerful reliable and quite plentiful on the 2nd hand market. they are also quite small(fit in most cars) twin vac, 100 psi with a 90c heater. perfect as a first mc. the pro plus is also a good mc but bigger and heavier. ninja are reliable but too big and heavy . steempro is a light mc but v unreliable due to the poor inline heater. poor waste full cut off valve. it also doesnt have a cooling fan. extracta are big ugly old fashioned looking but usually well thought of by users. although they offer no performance advantages over the aqua range.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 02:23:13 am »
I was looking on Ashbys Web site and noticed they had some second hand machines for sale.

Ed Valentine

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 01:25:03 pm »
Mike B;

I would respectfully have to disagree with your "implied" statement that the two mentioned machines were "all the rage"-------in other words, conveying the impression that they weren't up to par ------only seems to me to be competitive "Sales talk".

First of all, just because they are not discussed in every thread does not mean that these machines are not top notch. You know that and so do I and many others.

Second, and like wise, just because you and your friends do not talk about (particular automobiles as an example) the Bentley's, Rolls Royce, Mazeratti's, etc... does not make them any less than the common four wheeler that you and I may drive either.

I personally believe that if you give your opinion and help on these boards, it should be honest and sincere in the effort to help those asking and not to convey or give the impression or wrong information on any subject or product.

Only my blue collar opinion.

Thanks for reading, Mike.

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 07:48:02 pm »
I am a fan of the CFR concept, but, personally, found them a bit bulky and awkward otherwise, I would still be a user, in fact I was looking for one, the smallest, recently

Do you mean the new ones. If so I agree they are bigger than the older type but still are fairly easy to get upstairs with the weight diss at the back. But yes they are bulky.

Cant beat the old pro 400 tho, I would be happy to purchase another as back up.

Mark