This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fayellen

Do your clients get you anything for christmas??
« on: December 22, 2009, 05:23:48 pm »
Just been very nosey. I have had some very generous money and gifts off some clients this year, one I only started a few months back and she has given me £20 and a big box of choccies :) yet another I have done for over 2 years and the house is a mess!! and I mean a real mess!!  has just given me a very small box of chocolates yet last year she gave me a cash tip and bigger box of chocolates maybe trying to tell me something?? must admit I'm a bit peeved but know I shouln't be, too spoiled by some!!
Just wondering what or if other cleaners get off your client???

BDCS

Re: Do your clients get you anything for christmas??
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:42:07 pm »
Don't forget you need to mention gratuities on your tax return. I never ever get anything then the paperwork is easier. Anyway chocolate is fattening

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:38:06 pm »
perhaps credit crunch is effecting tips for you op, don't take it personally it's a bonus not a requirement of the job.

i came here thinking of starting the same sort of thread. i've been looking forward to some nice tips, not jsut money but see what i get, and i've been so let done, i've been given 6 bottles of wine so far and i don't drink lol. some are given in interesting ways but what a shame that seems to be all i'm getting :(

what do people leave their customers? just cards seems like a slap in the face when they leave us something big.

suffolkclean

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:29:56 am »
We've noticed its the people in the big houses, fancy cars who don't tip a penny & the little 80 year old ladies are tipping £5's/£10/homemade cakes/tin of shortbread. Its nice to be shown appreciation but can't get over the ones who are loaded are soooo tight! ::)

cleaning-team

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:38:08 am »
We've noticed its the people in the big houses, fancy cars who don't tip a penny & the little 80 year old ladies are tipping £5's/£10/homemade cakes/tin of shortbread. Its nice to be shown appreciation but can't get over the ones who are loaded are soooo tight! ::)

Its worth remembering that often (though not always!) the ones with the big houses who appear to be loaded are the ones who are under the most financial pressure with a huge mortgage and a lifestyle that they try to maintain to keep up with the Joneses laving them little or no disposal income - appearances can often be deceptive!

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:18:17 pm »
My biggest tip was £20 and I charge the customer £12 for cleaning their windows.

I've also had a load of wine (my customers know I used to love it) and a really expensive bottle of Port that a customer bought me last year - and because I liked it so much - they bought it for me again this year.

Un-ruddy-fortunately (or rather fortunately ;D) I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since 27th April, so its wasted on me really.

So I've been giving them to neighbors as Christmas presents!  ;D

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 03:17:19 pm »

Thats why they are loaded.  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 04:59:42 pm »
My biggest tip was £20 and I charge the customer £12 for cleaning their windows.

I've also had a load of wine (my customers know I used to love it) and a really expensive bottle of Port that a customer bought me last year - and because I liked it so much - they bought it for me again this year.

Un-ruddy-fortunately (or rather fortunately ;D) I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since 27th April, so its wasted on me really.

So I've been giving them to neighbors as Christmas presents! 
well i can honestly say this is the only time i wish i lived next door to tosh ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Missy dusty

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 12:41:35 pm »
 Must say I ve been quite impressed with my gifts this year, one clean I only started 6 weeks ago and they brought me a bottle of red & white and a box of chocs,yummmm..also recieved an extra £20 off one client,  when last year she gave me an extra £10 ,so looking forward to next year..lol >: ;D 
 My two elderly clients I brought them both a pressie as I cant resist as their a couple of sweeties,one brought me a bottle of wine too.
One client give me less this year than last , but  can understand as her hubbys been out of work for some time .
 So have been quite happy this year,nice to know your appreciated. ;)

lj domestics

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »
i have always been quite lucky at christmas,and each year seems to get better,so i always try to go that extra mile.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »
i have always been quite lucky at christmas,and each year seems to get better,so i always try to go that extra mile.

I do agree with going the extra mile in order make happy customers, but on the same token we do try and be careful that the extra free of charge effort isnt expected as free of charge every time thus costing us in the long run. Im sure you know what I mean :)

lj domestics

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 08:37:11 pm »
oh yes i know exactly what you mean, as i find that they try and be crafty by saying, can you just....? until i tell them that,can you just..costs!!!also i was wondering, should i send my clients birthdaycards?

scrubarug

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 01:20:39 pm »
the other day i found a bottle of red wine on the doorstep no note or nothing
 the person who left it will hopefully let me know who they are eventually
Oops might have been left for a neighbour cheers anyway

fayellen

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »
I agree with anglecleaners you have to be careful that extra mile doesn't go too far as they expect more and more as one I do for I started taking her bottles to the bottle bank next she left me a bag of clothes with a note saying these need to go to the charity shop I nearly told her to fork off!!
I will continue going the extra mile for my generous ones the rest will still get my very good service with no extras.  Domestics who mentioned birthday cards??

drive surgeon

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »
i give em a bottle of wine.

fayellen

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:12:35 am »
oh yes i know exactly what you mean, as i find that they try and be crafty by saying, can you just....? until i tell them that,can you just..costs!!!also i was wondering, should i send my clients birthdaycards?
I've just reread this I thought it said why should I...Well I don't.

Missy dusty

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 06:50:40 pm »
No me neither ;)

mrs.mayne

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 11:58:54 pm »
some of my customers were very generous christmas, one in particular gave me £100 tip plus a chanel make up gift set!  iv only been going a few months. several bottles of wine (i dont drink wine bring on the vodka lol)
tips, same as general appreciation i find those whos houses are immaculate (which are actually harder to clean as you know damn well you miss something or leave a smear they will notice immediatly) are so grateful wheras the houses that are - very much lived in to be diplomatic and is transformed into a thing of beauty by time i leave, dont seem to appreciate it at all. still, such is life, and the day i give less than 100% is the day im in the wrong job