Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizard

Annoyed
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:27 pm »
I am very annoyed to have to pay a supplier to answer my call when I want to give him business even if its only 5 Pence. .They think because they offer an internet service, if you would like to speak to them its worth money. Talking to them  has not value to me why should I pay, after all its them who wants business.What do you guys feel?

daz1977

Re: Annoyed
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:24:20 pm »
its just part of rip off britain now,  it is only going to get worse

wizard

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 03:31:40 pm »
Not if we realize we have the power to stop this cr   p.

drwindows

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:40:50 pm »
hmm dunno on this one.

Personally I would rather have nice low prices on a website and have to pay extra for telephone contact, than just higher prices.

After all, processing orders from a website must be MUCH less labour intensive than a telephone order.  Think about what telephoning actually means.  It means paying someone to be on the other end of the phone full-time whether they are needed or not.

We expect lower prices for stuff on the internet, and that is why - because there is no office that has to be manned full-time to take orders and phone calls.  I use loads of online suppliers for all sorts of gear that dont even have the option to phone them.  Fair enough I say, because the prices are much lower because of it.

As long as they answer emails promptly enough I think its ok.  Its no suprise that some people are charging for phone contact.  I would too.

Personally I think its fair enough. 

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:44:42 pm »
I am very annoyed to have to pay a supplier to answer my call when I want to give him business even if its only 5 Pence. .They think because they offer an internet service, if you would like to speak to them its worth money. Talking to them  has not value to me why should I pay, after all its them who wants business.What do you guys feel?

Not sure I'm getting this right.  You think the supplier should offer a freephone service?  I've always paid for my own calls - just as my customers and potential customers pay for the call if they wish to contact me.

I really can't see what your grievance is.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:26:47 pm »
Why not take your business elsewhere to someone who provides a free phone number if it upsets you?  Personally, I'd prefer lower prices on the internet and have to pay for my calls to a supplier.

I guess we can't have it all.  Good customer service costs money.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:43:25 pm »
You mean pay the supplier for his time to talk on the phone or pay your telephone company to connect you?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 04:57:33 pm »
I hate free phone numbers as they cost money on a mobile.

Simon.

wizard

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:19:21 pm »
. Let me expain I bought some hose fittings from Wintec which were faulty. They will replace them. I need to return them. But on the website I noticed that I pay 5 pence per minute to call them which them levy’s then still pay for my call. I think I should not pay as they are giving me no service for my 5 P a minute

Slash

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:22:36 pm »
. Let me expain I bought some hose fittings from Wintec which were faulty. They will replace them. I need to return them. But on the website I noticed that I pay 5 pence per minute to call them which them levy’s then still pay for my call. I think I should not pay as they are giving me no service for my 5 P a minute
Blimey :o :o :o :o :o,I really think you have too much time on your hands ;D ;D I can understand if it was £5.00 a minute but 5p  ???,you really need to get out more  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bravo20

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 05:32:15 pm »
Try www.saynoto0870.com
It can give you the landline number for a lot of companys that use 0870, 0845 or any other number that charges. Particularly useful if you get free local and national calls with your landline. Not all companies are listed but you can submit numbers if you know them. 5p a minute isn't much but soon adds up if you're on hold for half an hour, which isn't unusual with some companies.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:25:23 pm »
But on the website I noticed that I pay 5 pence per minute to call them which them levy’s then still pay for my call.

Still dont understand. You say it costs you 5p per minute to call them, its the bit in red I dont understand what you are saying.

Do wintecs get the 5p per minute? Is that it?

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »
if you click on the contact us page, there is an international (Landline) number that does not cost 5p pm  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »
usually on a 0845 0870 no, they might get 1p a minute

wizard

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 10:05:22 pm »
Why dont we charge our custards to call us its only fare.