This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizard

a need to be professional
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:42:31 pm »
This was a posting I placed last night to which I have responded. I am pleased that so many have responded to my post. I have read all of your responses and what I can conclude that all you guys are of professional stock and will do well. The proof is you have taken time to answer this posting .I would wonder how many will read and see that it’s not easy to clean windows and that is only a small part of what we doing our business. If they knew this they would see they do not really belong in this industry.
We as professionally minded guys need to move on and leave them behind. Learn as much as we can and be better not thinking we are better.
Marketing is not only finding customers by knocking on doors .But the way we conduct our selves Good marketing is based on selling our industry, then selling our business with in that industry, then selling our business as the top of our game and what it can do better within that industry and finally our services we offer and how different we apply them to there home or premises. This might be a little long winded all I ask is to think about it. Does this make any sense? Or am I just dreaming

daz1977

Re: a need to be professional
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:51:28 pm »
how do you view being professional wizard,   is it the bloke in a sign writted van, uniform, and wfp only been doing job 3 monts or is it the bloke in his car with squeege and been doing 30 years, as there seem to be different opinions on what people are classing as professional

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »
we're not professionals, window cleaning is not a profession, it is a labor job. we are laborers  ;)

wizard

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:16:52 pm »
Neither relate to been professional directly. They are business image, good or bad and only contribute to the bigger picture. A True professional is an attitude, the way you conduct your self. There is more but to answer your question.

wizard

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:21:31 pm »
Bo"The word  labourer" is only a class distintion and person conducting them selves in a professional manner can be professional.A Doctor who does opps on your bones is a professional but he is doing a lobour intensive job.He use a saw just like a chippy if he can be a professional why not you. mate.

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »
if wc dont think they are professional, how do we expect custy to think that we are

ian1972

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 03:34:10 pm »
i think u are right its in the attitude,but custys will still look at you as if u are a lower class citizen just because that the image window cleaning has been portrade over the years,however i love being a windy cleaner its best job i ever done and suits my lifestyle,but it is a labour job no matter how u look at it,as i said i love doing it but we are looked at as though we are below people and am sure that goes the right way through the cleaning industry

ian1972

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 03:35:16 pm »
forgot to add that doesnt mean every1 shouldnt strrive to b the best at wat they do as i belive we should and take pride in what u do

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 03:35:50 pm »
surely being a profesional is somebody that does everything properly doesn't mater what job or trade.
 Its how you conduct yourself,your manner,your first impressions,your attitude,your work,your looks,your equipment.everything what makes you a proffesional or a cowboy.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 04:45:20 pm »
we're not professionals, window cleaning is not a profession, it is a labor job. we are laborers  ;)

So how do you distinguish between a company that do ground-works and offer a professional service and a company that does ground-works but are a bunch of cowboys?

Going by what you say if its labouring your talking about they are all as equal as each other.

Which just isnt the case.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:50:29 pm »
surely being a profesional is somebody that does everything properly doesn't mater what job or trade.
 Its how you conduct yourself,your manner,your first impressions,your attitude,your work,your looks,your equipment.everything what makes you a proffesional or a cowboy.

Exactly, there are various criteria in the world of business/trade/employment that will influence whether you have a right to call yourself a professional or not.

When I first started window-cleaning I did not go about my business in a professional manner.

Now I strive to.

wizard

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 04:56:54 pm »
Matt I do not know who you are refuring to in your post, but you have answered yourself cowboys are cowboys and pro s are pro s there is a big difference again its the attitude to wards there what they do.   To distinguish is a matter of obsavation

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »
Matt I do not know who you are refuring to in your post, but you have answered yourself cowboys are cowboys and pro s are pro s there is a big difference again its the attitude to wards there what they do.   To distinguish is a matter of obsavation

I know. I agree.

I would however dispute what Bo was saying.

wizard

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »
Cheers Matt

cozy

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:45:31 pm »
It's all about attitude.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:32 pm »
Definitions of professional on the Web:

engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood; "the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications ...
a person engaged in one of the learned professions
an athlete who plays for pay
master: an authority qualified to teach apprentice.

Professional and skilled are two different things.

;D UM JUS PLAYIN ;D
we should take a proper workman like attitude to our businesses, giving a trustworthy, reliable service :)

Unless they annoy us ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 07:29:58 pm »
you can always call yourself a  glass technician  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:43 pm »
its quite simple really.clean car/van,good equipment(trad or wfp),clean smartish clothes,clean shaven.do what u say ur gonna do.do a good job,reliable ,friendly.leaflets/business cards at the ready even when ur working on a job.THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!U could add sign written van/logod polo shirts/fleece etc but there not essential if residential only.

regards dazmond

ps.also close gates behind u and dont work with a fAg hanging out of ur mouth!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

macmac

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »

I prefere- "translucent weather protection hygenist"

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 08:21:24 pm »

I prefere- "translucent weather protection hygenist"
nah: vision enhancement technician 
sounds better,
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)