Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Working Wfp whilst snowing
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 08:08:49 pm »
I had a couple of custards come out in the last 2 days saying I must be brave.

No dear, I just need to pay the bills.
I don't need to pay the bills, I just have a need to go out and get cold and wet to prove it can be done  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 08:13:34 pm »
Who pays your bills then?

krave

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »
Wasnt a problem today, was sunny and hailed every now and then so jumped in van. Will be working in snow tomo if its light and not get in van!....... was very very worried about leaving the windows wet and not seeing the final finish, But once dried was very supprised, Although I knew how they should be finishing.

One customer even said there was a couple if tiny white spots upstairs but the rest was amazing!

Really can see the difference in the finish once dried with pure, Real nice and very very clear.

can not believe the speed, Was a bit worried I wasnt cleaning them enough but it was enough as almost every window was good.

Had my ecoflo/flomaster set to 45, which I think is about 2.2 lpm.

Found making the water sheet hard somethimes, and cleaning away the water marks where there was soap residue, How would I best off getting rid of this?

Seems like it was getting onto the brush....

All in all was a good day.

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 09:02:29 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 09:08:34 pm »
I knew I was doing something wrong   :-\

John Walker

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 09:12:37 pm »
Generally no problem for me.  Had the brush stick to the window on very frosty mornings.  Fortunately ground floor - no one looking.  poured some water from car on them and packed up until it warmed up later.

Again not a problem if it snows as paths and steps are going to be wet in the thaw anyway but I do worry about leaving water on otherwise paths to freeze in frosty weather - in case a customer slips on it.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:38 pm »
Generally no problem for me.  Had the brush stick to the window on very frosty mornings.  Fortunately ground floor - no one looking.  poured some water from car on them and packed up until it warmed up later.

Again not a problem if it snows as paths and steps are going to be wet in the thaw anyway but I do worry about leaving water on otherwise paths to freeze in frosty weather - in case a customer slips on it.
put salt down, I went and wiped out summerfield last year of all there salt about 35P a bag of table salt, loaded up the trolley wa s quite funny and gave up 2 cards when buying it  ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »
Great idea to do some pics cleaning in the snow....."we work in ALL weathers!"

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

chopsie

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 11:17:33 pm »
what size tank you got krave,glad it all went well for you.I seem to be using loads of water,I seriously need to up my speed(but only few customers so not a big issue at moment).How do you rinse?with brush on or off,I do both(no wonder I use so much water!!).I read on here that one of the key factors in a good result is the rinse,so I give windows a good blast!.Still earned £60 in a total of 6 hours,not great but ok,and I came back to top the tank up in that time,as i was near home and did not want to risk having to come back from my other jobs which were 10-15 mins away.Have started selling nets of logs and sticks which i get at wholesale prices off a mate of mine,I deliver them on a evening,seems to be going ok so far,and makes use of the van a bit more,also,can deliver/earn in bad weather(IF orders keep coming in!)
chopsie

krave

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:20 am »
I have 350 litres mate, Today I used about a hundred and done £60,

Had over 3 x that work but couldnt do it to to be honest. Too much hail at times.

I generally think 350 litres will be plenty. What setting and lpm you using?

I find making the water shet hard on some windows, Very hard, infact on some I couldnt get it to!