Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

Water bill rebate
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:46 pm »
After my recent expansion it is needless to say that my water bill (metered) has gone up however as i only get a 6 monthly bill it is always a shock when i get it but i just got one for £703.62 :o :o
Anyway i have always feared telling the water board that we are window cleaners due to some FALSE information that i read on here that w/c'ers would get charged commercial rates as opposed to domestic rates so dont tell them regardless of the discount you would get for lowered sewerage costs. The water company told me today that this is false and you pay for the water that you uses whether you are commercial or domestic , so all you metered wfp'ers you must contact your water company and claim back your sewerage costs i think mine is around 25% , so at my current spend i will save £350 per year!! ;)

krave

Re: Water bill rebate
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:14 pm »
After my recent expansion it is needless to say that my water bill (metered) has gone up however as i only get a 6 monthly bill it is always a shock when i get it but i just got one for £703.62 :o :o
Anyway i have always feared telling the water board that we are window cleaners due to some FALSE information that i read on here that w/c'ers would get charged commercial rates as opposed to domestic rates so dont tell them regardless of the discount you would get for lowered sewerage costs. The water company told me today that this is false and you pay for the water that you uses whether you are commercial or domestic , so all you metered wfp'ers you must contact your water company and claim back your sewerage costs i think mine is around 25% , so at my current spend i will save £350 per year!! ;)

Nice one!

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:22 pm »
do you have meters on your ro ?, I asked about this when I changed mine to commercial use, what I got was an increase in charges for what being honest,. Don't be fooled into thinking they want to help you, they want there pound of flesh simple as imo
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

krave

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:00 pm »
do you have meters on your ro ?, I asked about this when I changed mine to commercial use, what I got was an increase in charges for what being honest,. Don't be fooled into thinking they want to help you, they want there pound of flesh simple as imo

So they charged you more? How much more?

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 01:42:40 pm »
|Iwas advised by anglia water to get a meter fitted on my ro then try and claim.
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 08:55:11 pm »

::) c'mon then give details , i dont think there is any propaganda here , them against us etc!! ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:05 pm »

::) c'mon then give details , i dont think there is any propaganda here , them against us etc!! ::)
tHE CHARGE FOR WATER IS HIGHER FOR COMMERCIAL USE. TRYING TO CLAIM against sewage charge, what area do you work in ? I said cambridgeshire, there reply@: so your water goes down our sewers, I said I also work in bedofrdshire, and london, they said if you can prove the water is not used in there area they would refund the sweage charge, as long as the other company you use know that you a using water for commercial sweage and they charge you.

In other words pay the bill and stop moaning is the point I got. I found this out when all was going on about the water companies saying about banning wfp in a drought order, I called them up and asked the questions in regards to loads of things.

Hope that was me that needed to answer.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 09:48:00 pm »
 my water company is East Surrey and my sewerage is run by Thames , East Surrey told me that water is water domestic or commercial the price is the same ............. (they are not trying to trap me) i will claim back my sewerage off Thames and update on here , it could be that regionakl water companies work differnetly :)