This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cottonbud10

foot wear{ bah humbug}
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:58:58 pm »
fed up with spending good money on boots that hurt my feet,get wet through and make my feet feel like ice cubes,so come on chaps tell everyone what you,ll be  wearing walking down the catwalk , this winter,,,don,t forget to tell us the price and where you got them from ta kev

daz1977

Re: foot wear{ bah humbug}
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:04:57 pm »
caterpillar, know idea where i got them from, but they have been good up to yet

jonnyald

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:30 pm »
MERCURY TRAINERS  are great for trad .have a "marshmallow sole "and good grip on any bit of roof .  every high street sells them ,theyre cheap at £9.99, but i promise you they grip ladder rungs better than any other .  one pair lasts me about 6 weeks but i usually get 4pairs at a time .  my feet never ache after a day with "the mercurys"

Mist A Bit

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:13:04 pm »
i use cheap trainers, i`ve found that boots slow me down. i always go for comfort first.

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »
I've recently bought some Brasher boots, they are top banana, 100% waterproof, gore tex.  Cost £130. :-\

AVOID KARRIMOR BOOTS, I went through 2 pairs in 6 weeks, the waterproof membrain failed in both.  They used to be a market leader when they were made in my home town, now they've moved operations to china the quality has gone out of the window.  That and maybee something to do with Mike Ashley(newcastle utd) buying the company! >:(

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »
I have tried and tested many boots over the years and one stands out from the crowd. They are waterproof/breathable (goretex), extremely comfortable from day 1 and very very durable all for the price of £35 delivered.
They are................................wait for it....................................British army boots I bought last year from Ebay!!! I have tried all of the millets/blacks/karrimor supposedly waterproof hiking boots, rigger boots etc but these boots are defo the dogs bits. Will buy again without a doubt.

Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:42:47 pm »

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 09:48:38 pm »
never had a prob with karrimoor you can now get karimor safety boots in leather possibly thourgh link above i am wfp so no probs with heavy boots no good trad

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 09:49:28 pm »
Karrimor snow boots. Had them about 2 months now and they have never let me down.

100% waterproof, keep my feet toastys even when its cold and very comfy. Takes about 15 mins walking like Mr Soft to break them in, but worth it !

£30 from sports direct
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

martinsadie

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 10:00:36 pm »
Docs for me  ;D

russ_clark

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 11:07:37 pm »
Don't be a tight wad Kev
Go for top of the range Goretex Boots
£100-£150 Brashers or the like.
They are a million times better than cheapo's
and if looked after will do two or three winters.
Simples ;)
Russ

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 11:19:37 pm »
Dr Martens ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »
ive got the karrimor hiking boots in black leather and they keep my feet nice and warm and dry!ive had them 6 months now and ive worn them every day with no problems!prob last the winter.£40.money well spent IMO.i climb ladders in them every day/roofs etc.good grippy soles. ;D ;Dnowt wrong with em for 40quid!
price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:25 am »
2nd winter for fabric karrimor's still going strong

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
I'm using a pair of safety shoes I bought from Toolstation for £14.88 in the summer. I can't believe what good value they have been. Comfortable too, and they haven't even started to wear out yet.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 07:33:13 am »
mine are some gore tex walking/hking /climbing things but there the best trainer style shoe ive ever had for work, good grip incredibly water resistant - put my foot in my bucket the other day (i know) and didnt even notice as the water took ages to come through

merrells i think theyre called but expect to pay about £80

But ive had mine close to 6 months if not longer and they get a good trad bashing most days - still 100 %

Try them

cottonbud10

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:51 pm »
i,ve read about them derrie boots,anyone know how good they are,,??

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 07:57:28 pm »
funny enough

my boots have leaked a little this week

didnt some have little wellie boot style boots last year  ? ??  what were they callled  ? ??

s.w.c

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »
i mostly wear hiking trainer but when weather gets bad i got a old pair of cat boots there just over five years old i proof them regular, mustard for snow,

mileslake

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »
funny enough

my boots have leaked a little this week

didnt some have little wellie boot style boots last year  ? ??  what were they callled  ? ??

"Derri boots"... I have a similar type from Pavers. Excellent. Were £27.