Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanerCarpets

Re: Where can you get a chem-dri system or similar
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 06:24:00 pm »
the word DRY maybe attracting if a little misleading, but i've had several customers say that havent cleaned 'that Company called Chem Dry' as they dont want someone using harsh chemical cleaning - so maybe not the best well thought name after all!!!

Robert Watson

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 06:57:58 pm »
Had the same comment yesterday.
The Kitchen Door Centre

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 08:59:04 pm »
Several years ago I was at a customers house doing the windows when Chem dry had just finished cleaning the suite (to say I wasn't best pleased with said customer would be an understatement), anyway after he had left I asked if I could have a look at the job he'd just done.

Dry? You're having a laugh. I would have got it a damned site dryer using my (at the time) under powered porty.

Laughable but Cd's own web site goes on about 'other' carpet cleaners over wetting things when their own bunch aren't much better.

As for pricing, their going to be expensive on the back of what the poor guys have to pay back to CD in royalties and advertising.

paul moss

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »
Neil, I lost a job a few weeks ago to a Chem-dri.
The lady wanted 2 cotton sofas cleaned and I had quoted £130 and £70 for a scotchgard application. She booked me in then 5 days later called to cancel as her husband wanted a dry clean on the upholstery and had called CD for a quote. They quoted £185 just for the clean. I told her that they dont and cant do a dry clean with their system on upholstery and it would still be a hwe clean that they would carry out. She said I will phone them up and cancel them, I told her no as i was busy anyway and she was  just messing every one about with booking and canceling cleans, but I tol her I would follow it up incase of any poblems.
I phoned her the next day and she said that the sofas cleaned ok but they took to mid morning to fully dry ( 24 hrs) and she was not best pleased as the CD told her that it was a dry clean and they could be used vertually straight away.

There is too many BS out there. :D

Nick Attwood

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 11:21:56 am »
I ended with ChemDry in Aug and just to clarify the ChemDry Truckmounts come in two models the CTS 330 (petrol) & CTS 450 (Deisel) CTS is for carbonated truckmount system. These machines are manafactured by Hydramaster in the states and cost from ChemDry 16k & 18k respectivley. The only difference with these machines is that they are low pressure and operate at 109 psi, this is not variable. The pump has been replaced by a compressor which feeds 2 x 15 gallon metal solution tanks and then the pressure pushes the solution (ChemDry's Natural 4) down the solution lines. The only other modification is all fittings are stainless steel as "The Natural" corodes Brass fitings in no time.

There is also a CTS 330 on ebay at the minute for any "dont take offence" idiot that wishes to by one. Any one can clean with carbonated water as that is all ChemDry's "The Natura"l is! FIZZY WATER!!

Any further info or operating manuals required just let me know.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »
I once employed an ex CD franchisee.

He cleaned a chair using Chemspec Fast Drying Upholstery Shampoo and it was still wet 3 days later!!!!

It's all down to the technician/operator.

He also refused to wear a respirator when using OMS.

He didn't last long.

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 08:58:37 am »
I ended with ChemDry in Aug and just to clarify the ChemDry Truckmounts come in two models the CTS 330 (petrol) & CTS 450 (Deisel) CTS is for carbonated truckmount system. These machines are manafactured by Hydramaster in the states and cost from ChemDry 16k & 18k respectivley. The only difference with these machines is that they are low pressure and operate at 109 psi, this is not variable. The pump has been replaced by a compressor which feeds 2 x 15 gallon metal solution tanks and then the pressure pushes the solution (ChemDry's Natural 4) down the solution lines. The only other modification is all fittings are stainless steel as "The Natural" corodes Brass fitings in no time.

There is also a CTS 330 on ebay at the minute for any "dont take offence" idiot that wishes to by one. Any one can clean with carbonated water as that is all ChemDry's "The Natura"l is! FIZZY WATER!!

Any further info or operating manuals required just let me know.

Welcome to the dark side Nick , I left in 2002  , never loooked back.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings