Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MAX Carpets

explaining again
« on: December 13, 2009, 10:31:37 am »
Me again!

I need to explain the benefits of have a 100% wool carpet protected, I need to put it in writing, any help much appreciated.

Cheers!

Justin

Ken Wainwright

Re: explaining again
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 12:28:54 pm »
A protector will slow down the rate at which an oily or aqueous spillage is absorbed into the fibre, so it gives you more time to take appropriate action.

Small splashes and spills can easily dry out before they are absorbed making removal very easy.

Dry soil finds it more difficult to bind with protected fibres so is more easily vacuumed away.

A quality protector on your carpet or fabric, treated correctly will withstand at least 2  cleans before requiring a top-up

Safe and happy protecting :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:39:13 pm »
 I think that before stating what Ken has said, I would state more the need for protector.......On wool protector is more vital  as the dye sites are more vulnerable to  accepting stains than a man made fibre.

Then go on to say what it actually does as Ken has already said.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:16:13 pm »
I think you need to keep it as simple as possible, and as a picture paints a thousand words

so show them a picture like this and explain that dirt & spills will sit in all the crevasses of the scales of the wool fibre, a protector will fill up these spaces which will make it harder for the dirt to attach its self to the wool
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil55

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 02:51:09 pm »
I agree - keep it mega simple - and do not overclaim the benefits.

We are selling more and more protection - by writing it on the Quote as a recommendation!!

Seemples really - it just took many years for this idea to penetrate my mind!!!

dave123

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »
You could also use the treated and untreated strips to demonstrate the effectiveness of the product .I always use tea, drip a bit on untreated and watch it sink straight into the strip and then watch it sit on top of the treated strip . Impresses the client .  ;D