Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suffolkclean

Sebo Agitator
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:01:22 pm »
We want to get an agitator & have been looking at a Sebo Duo we've seen new for £199. Do you guys recommend this machine?
I'll await your comments  ;D

JandS

Re: Sebo Agitator
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:04:53 pm »
A £20 carpet brush does the trick for me.
Quicker and lighter and takes no room up.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:17:51 pm »
Hi I don't have one myself, but have a friend who uses it all the time as a agitator for M/S on carpets. He gets good results, and has no trouble with it. It would be handy for those tricky sisal and face yarn carpets using granules. A better and heavier agitator would be the E40 envirodri, but they are much dearer, so for the money go for it.

ps use with caution on wool berbers or loop pile

regards paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:20:41 pm »
Great little machine.... Well worth the money.... Mind you, I do like to use my "Perky" now and then...... (It's a nylon carpet brush in case you're worrying ;D)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:21:00 pm »
The Sebo is an excellent entry level machine.

It's designed for light use Dry Powder Cleaning so you may invalidate the warranty using it "wet". But forum feedback suggests that reliability is good.

The Sebo Duo will normally be expected to outperform a pile brush in most cases.

Try not to think of the Duo as a piece of capital equipment, more of a throw away item, then you wont be disappointed.

The next step up will be something like an Envirodri or Rotowash/Prochem TM4.  Vastly superior in both build quality and performance and a price in the £1000 region, but worth every penny.

£199 sounds like a very competitive price.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:25:31 pm »
Their ok sold mine for 50quid (and it’s still working so am told) it’s the cleaning of the brushes is the pain too far apart. Possibly a worthy investment till you can afford the likes of a carpet-cleaner (I like the idea of a muti task machine). ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

suffolkclean

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:30:57 pm »
Thanks for all your comments - Len we wouldn't be buying it to clean carpets with - we do have a carpet cleaner we're looking for an agitator.

davep

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »
I use mine everyday - for £200 you could buy a new one each year.

Agree that the Envirodri is a better machine, just can't see how they can possibly justify a £1000 price tag !

Steve

suffolkclean

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48:47 pm »
Unfortunatly we're not in the position to pay £1000 so we thought the duo would be the next stage up from carpet brush scrubbing by hand.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »
Good piece of kit. I'd certainly recommend it.
I've got the Sebo & Envirodri but only really use the later on mingers.
My first sebo lasted 2.5 years and was still working when replaced so like Ken mentioned reliability is good.
Easy enough to clean, flip on its side while running with a wire brush against the brushes. 

Pristine Clean

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:49 am »
Their ok sold mine for 50quid (and it’s still working so am told) it’s the cleaning of the brushes is the pain too far apart. Possibly a worthy investment till you can afford the likes of a carpet-cleaner (I like the idea of a muti task machine). ;)

Len

Yes the Duo its still going strong Len.

Must have used it like over a 100 times mate. Lost count. Lots of life in her yet.

Suffolk clean,

You say you wont use it to clean carpets but use it as an agitator?

That what most of us CC use it for, apply pre-spray allow dwell time and agitate either with a hand held brush or machine like the Duo.

As for using it for Dri carpet cleaning I think its a little lite.

But hay, it not £1000 so worth every penny at £200

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 01:31:23 pm »
Dave, I am not being picky - well, yes I am.....

for the sake of newer ones reading.....   I would prespray, then agitate (to get the fluid around all the fibre), then some dwell time - and this could be reduced due to the good agitation.

clinton

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 03:24:13 pm »
Barbara

They are easy to store as well as being light and i have made space on one of the rear van doors to store it..Check my van picies out on the thread for (portables)

Always try and clean it every day and most times its a wipe down and then use the suction hose to get rid of the muck :)

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 03:29:21 pm »
Clinton, I thought you just had to clean it on the next custy's carpets ;D ;D ;D No wonder I get funny looks!!!!!

clinton

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 03:30:42 pm »
Colin ;D

Been there done that ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 07:45:44 pm »
One has to remember Envirodri/host systems are sold as shake and vac and not as agitator for hwe that’s why they command a high price.

At this moment in time I’m using a £20quid numatic slow speed rotary for bonneting :o, one day I will get the bees knees now what can that be???????

Dave

Glad to here it thought I sold you a lemon ;)

Joe

I pre spray-agitate-then a light pre-spray then setup (dwell time) ;)

Len 8)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 03:02:58 pm »
Oh I dont know... being picky.

Well if that s the case.

I inspect the carpet/capets, Inform the customer of what results can be achievable. I then test the carpets for colour fastness/ a burn test/water test to distinguish the fibe type.

I also check type of backing, spills, stains etc.

Move furniture
I then vacuum with a sebo BS36, Pre-spray, agitate - lite pre spray - let it dwell(Probably have a cup of tea.) while setting up

Then HWE or choose method of cleaning.

Wipe skirting

if req after replacing furniture(Place silver film or blocks)

Set up air movers,

finish up by taking customer around making sure they are happy  putting the kit away and collecting the payment.

Now I am supprised how many of you never pre - vacuumed;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Especially you Joe ;D ;D ;D
Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 04:33:02 pm »

That what most of us CC use it for, apply pre-spray allow dwell time and agitate either with a hand held brush or machine like the Duo.

Dave

Dave, this is what I was commenting on (see above).

I was only pointing out the sequence that you listed, for all I know you vac before the prespray (logical) but I was only putting the prespray, agitate and dwell in the correct order for any newbies.

Just done a job this afternoon - vac'd at the start of the job.
Having said that - its not every job I vac at the outset - some customers are very nice and have already done to a good standard, you can tell.

Especially with the Prowler is pre vaccing important because bits get caught by a filter, which will have to be cleaned out more often on the job if you dont vac and lots of bits choke it up thus affecting the performance of the Prowler.

Colin Day

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:20 pm »
I had a job today where after a pre vac, the custy thought I'd finished ??? She asked where she could buy a Sebo..... :D

I'm the same Jo, most of the time the custy has the carpets vacced!