Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AJB

Re: Is Crystal Green Daz?
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 11:20:43 pm »
I heartily agree nearly all the chemicals i use are Craftex
and it isn't £50, any box of 4 bottles or tub of powder ia free delivery.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

josephus

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 12:35:29 am »
dear Mike halliday.

i went to a big company in Belfast that makes laundry chemicals for Tesco and others.

i know the owner a wee bit and he offered to look at my stuff. i think it was more for his own interest to see if he could make it up and flog it to CCs

cheers

josephus

ps they reckon Crystal green costs 4 quid a tub to make.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2005, 03:25:06 am »
Then you have got to add profit suppliers profit research costs marketing costs etc.

My son is a research chemist and when I asked him to do a similiar exersise he said do not be silly.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 03:17:58 pm »
ps they reckon Crystal green costs 4 quid a tub to make.

So it is even cheaper than the real thing (Daz that is!)  ::)

Anyway, while I'm as dubious about this statement as their first one, I heard it only costs pennies to clean carpets. For every £100 you charge for carpet cleaning how much Crystal Green would you use?

Regards

Mike

mark_roberts

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005, 04:22:07 pm »
Joe

Where are you buying your chemicals from that there so expensive?  USA?

If chemcial costs are such a major concern for you then you need to put your prices up big time.  I'd be more concerned about van costs or even phone costs than chemical costs.

Mark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005, 04:37:35 pm »
Hi ,

You could probably get away with a coloureds,non bio washing powder , but remember your customer may be familiar with the smell , so even if you put it an unmarked container the cleverer ones will suss you.

It also sets you as an unprofessional cleaner.

I agree about chemical costs being a small part of expenses and if substituting inferior chemical loses you just one job , say £80 ,  thats your yearly saving gone.

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2005, 06:02:52 pm »
i must agree that cost of prduct is negligible. but savings can be made with wise purchasing. usually by in bigger quantities, all the wholesalers dicount . and at the end of the day they take the main risk in what goes into product
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005, 07:03:12 pm »
OMO is the one expressly in shopping baskets. ;D ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005, 07:07:20 pm »
I cant believe how this topic has progressed to the point where it is almost being suggested that using washing powder as an alternative to professional detergents is okay. Doesnt washing powder detergent have to be rinsed and rinsed with plain water. Clearly unless you are going to do this over and over again as a seperate operation, its not viable. if you do clean carpet with washing powder, without the additional further rinses, how do you think the carpet will dry - try it, wash an item of clothing but dont bother rinsing it, see how it feels when dry, greasy, stiff, horrible. Also if you put a washing powder solution through your machine, it won't be long before your pump and valves and jets get clogged up.
Dave.

Washed out, over and out!
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Karl Wildey

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 07:36:25 pm »
Took a long time before someone stated that.

Clean carpets with washing powder, only for cowboys.

crystal green is daz, I don't think so.

josephus

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2005, 07:55:47 pm »
for the record

i never equated the two

i never suggested using washing powder instead of crystal green.

i am relaying a message i received. i have NEVER used cheaper substitutes. i leave every customer happy, or i dont charge them a penny.

i  simply asked a question from people i regard as experts in a field i dabble in.

i am interested in the chemistry behind the cleaner i buy i think the last tub i bought cost 45 quid, so why not try to lower costs. while dave lee
said,,,

josephus,
What A stupid suggestion! Of course all detergents are based on surfactant action, even soaps. However to suggest that all detergents are the same is ridiculous, and any test would show that a detergent is a detergent. What they are saying is not just if you dont need the fragrence, but if you dont need ALL the other aditives that makes products like Prochems Crystal Green, the great product that it is. All chocolates derive from the cocoa bean, but there is no way that all chocolate is the same product. What a stupid comparrison.

i really appreciate the insults by the way.

and mike halliday said,,,

is it only me who sees this topic as a little bit unbelievable

Joseph are you saying you paid a chemical analysis company to break down the ingrediants of Crystal green and they gave a flippent answer  such as 'its daz'

you then got them to make you up a small batch to try out yourself  how much did that cost? 

sorry mate but sounds like waffle to me! perhaps you could give us some more details

Mike

basically hes saying im a liar.

i dont waste my time telling stories to businessmen. i am telling you what i was told. im too keen on getting work to waste time telling tales here.

i reckon the slagging is out of order. to all others thanks ill stick with CC chemicals. i am seeking advice not hecklers, and if you know better, tell me. but dont pretend im some low brow splash and dash cleaner who lets the side down.

josephus

Len Gribble

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2005, 08:25:42 pm »
Josephus

So sad all the negative responses you have received!  ;D Never mind tomorrows an other day! Can’t wait till tomorrow and note what’s on top of the shopping trolley a wink is as good as nod! Very laid back Len

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

josephus

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2005, 08:38:05 pm »
 ;D carefull mate.

if anybody sees you sticking up for me theyll be round and paint SPLASH AND DASH MERCHANT on your van in scarlet letters !!

cheers

josephus

josephus

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2005, 09:21:40 pm »
i see mikes reply had vanished. boy the moderaters are good round here!

perhaps its best this thread is gone too,.

josephus

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2005, 09:29:40 pm »
Joseph, I deleted it myself :o :o after reading it I thought it might be taken the wrong way.

i like to see these forums the same as a group of carpet cleaners gathered round a table in a pub, all  having a good laugh :) nothing I say is meant to be insulting, i just speak my mind.

I call you a lying git then you tell me to go fornacate myself then we just forget it and have another beer :D

Do you believe everything you read on this forum? if not then you believe someone is telling porkies, but you just don't say anything, I do

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2005, 09:31:16 pm »
josephus, stimulaing contreversial. entertaining. and very interesting. i think a good topic. food for thought.well done ro
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

john rees

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2005, 09:37:13 pm »
well I think we should all switch to surf because it say's on the box "it removes 99%of all stains" ::)
                                              john
john

Len Gribble

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2005, 09:52:24 pm »
Josephus

Can’t see where I’m sticking up for you!  Where did I mention carpet cleaning? Certain brand names have other meanings in shopping stores!

Don’t have a van I run out an Austin a40 the first hatchback! And it needs a paint job!

Len

josephus

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2005, 10:25:27 pm »
thanks guys

if you think this topic raises questions wait till you see my next ones,,  ;)

BEER STAINS, is sucking the shag pile the best way to remove them ?

AIR MOVERS, is it cheaper to hire the unemployed to blow on my carpets ?

and in the window cleaners forum,

DE IONISING RESIN, is it just crumbled up rich tea biscuits ?

looking forward to more of the same

josephus

Chris Bailey

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 03:40:01 pm »
read half way through this post then got bored

If you are having to save money on the products you use, increase your prices!!
Carpet Care

Leicester