Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

josephus

Is Crystal Green Daz?
« on: June 10, 2005, 07:40:05 pm »
hi

i went to a firm in belfast that makes up chemicals. they know thier stuff.

i took the safety data sheet for prochem crystal green and a sample. to check if they could make a cheaper alternative.

they ran it through a bunch of tests and the result ?

its Daz they said.

"if you dont need the fragrance, get daz instead. it has optical brighteners. it has antifaoming qualities"

get Daz.

im a bit shocked to be honest.

any thoughts ?

josephus

Re: ok hit me with your worst
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 07:50:56 pm »
im a bit shocked as well. but is daz any cheaper,
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 08:05:50 pm »
Own Brand works out cheaper, but use only Biological 8) 8) 8).

NETTO NETTO NETTO.
I get better looking each day!!

lee_gundry

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 08:17:58 pm »
a point to remember is that washing powders are designed to work over a short period of time & carpet cleaning chems are designed to work instantly.

saying that

the major players in the washing powed industry spend thousands & thousands  of pounds developing the best stain removing agents.

Lee G
cumbria

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:18:36 pm »
Josephus,
What A stupid suggestion! Of course all detergents are based on surfactant action, even soaps. However to suggest that all detergents are the same is ridiculous, and any test would show that a detergent is a detergent. What they are saying is not just if you dont need the fragrence, but if you dont need ALL the other aditives that makes products like Prochems Crystal Green, the great product that it is. All chocolates derive from the cocoa bean, but there is no way that all chocolate is the same product. What a stupid comparrison.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

benny d

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 10:37:56 pm »
>>chocolates derive from the cocoa bean, but there is no way that all chocolate is the same product.<<

Uuuummmmmm chocolate........  ;)
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Glynn

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 11:08:03 pm »
Whilst crystal green is an excellent detergent, I can't for the life of me believe why anyone would buy it when there are far better chems available, and that disolve in cold water, and dont cause the same resoiling probs as cg does.imo.
Regards
Glynn

Michel Roberts

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 12:09:57 am »
Josephus

Any chance you could take some microsplitters down there!

Where's Doug Holloway when you need him. He was a chemist.

Regards Michel

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 07:24:16 am »
Hi Guys,

I've always believed that CC chems were based on laundary products, when you see the volumes and R&D budget its highly likely.

Be very careful in using washing powders as many contain bleaches and will fade the colours.

Also be very careful around enzymes in these powders as they are erncapsulated to allow them to be rinsed out more effectively , you will just not be able to do thus with a CC machine.

As for microsplitters I believe these are the phosphate part of washing powders , with the detergent , wetting action replaced by agitation.

Josephus, it would be interesting if you were to take some Ms to the  testers.

Glynn,What do you consider to be the best detergent.

Cheers,

Doug

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 07:53:21 am »
Josephus

CRYSTAL GREEN IS NOT DAZ!

I trust you haven't ordered anything from these people yet. Do you you really use that much of it that you need to get someone to 'make you a cheaper alternative'

I'd also suggest that those who have resoiling problems with it aren't using it properly.

Regards

Mike

Adrian Makel

Re: Is Crystal Green Daz?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 09:37:25 am »
correct Mike i use it all the time and have never had a problem with resoiling.And yes you must be using obscene amounts if you feel it nessercery to try and get it cheaper.

therapist

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 09:40:36 am »
Agree with Mikes comment about correct method of use.

An opportunity, perhaps to offer enhanced product guide or product training to C / C s who might be new to the biz' or confused by all of the conflicting comments arguments.......

happy days

r m

josephus

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 02:49:13 pm »
wow

im humbled. no ashamed.

ok seriously. i love exspress cleaning, but in NIreland i pay big money for my chemicals, and i think its worth looking into substitutes.

i have a tiny bit made up, and im going to test it on my own carpets.

i do a lot of badly solied carpets in nightclubs, so its worth finding alternatives for me.

and thanks to whoever changed my subject line to the current one. much better.

josephus

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 03:49:50 pm »
is it only me who sees this topic as a little bit unbelievable ::)

Joseph are you saying you paid a chemical analysis company to break down the ingrediants of Crystal green and they gave a flippent answer  such as 'its daz'

you then got them to make you up a small batch to try out yourself ::) how much did that cost? 

sorry mate but sounds like waffle to me! perhaps you could give us some more details

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 05:44:39 pm »
Remember the posts concerning Bait & Switch, werent they using washing powder. Itys common knowledge among Pro CCs that commercial washing powder is commonly used by Splash & Dash, with a serious resoiling problem. Why go there, stick to the Pro stuff.
As for Crystal Green, it is among my arsenal of solutions, Ive never encountered any rapid resoiling problems with it. I find it particularly useful when a more potent detergent is required.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

lee_gundry

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 06:30:44 pm »
i think that if glynn is encountering rapid resoiling due to the use of crystal green,he should book him self on a carpet cleaning course & learn how to clean carpets to a professional standard.

its people like him using poor quality cleaning electric cleaning units without the proper training,that give other respectable business men/women a BAD name.

infact BAN HIM FROM THIS SITE until he knows how to clean carpets.

Lee G
cumbria

Glynn

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 06:56:53 pm »
See I'm not banned yet Lee,  ;)
its a good job people know your joking Lee, should I tell them you buy Lidl's cheapest washing powder in bulk for carpet cleaning, for your premium rate service.

Doug,
I prefer HM hyrdadri.
Regards
Glynn

lee_gundry

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 07:41:54 pm »
SORRY GLYNN

as most people on this board know myself & glynn are good chums,for those that don,t know us,i would like to point out that the post i made was only a jest  between friends.

Lee g

PS
you can stop calling me now glynn  ;)
cumbria

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 10:06:11 pm »
funny thing is i decided to try a general daily washing powder on my own front room, surprised me. it came out well. in fact it must have more optical brightners in than some cc powder. i hope my carpet does not rot, will let you know :-*
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

homenclean

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 11:07:58 pm »
If you want to reduce costs try Craftex products, or do like i do carry different powders for different levels of soiling. I use double clean for heavily solied carpets  like restaurants etc, and dry blend for lightly soiled jobs, houses etc.

Cfraftex make a reasonable range of products that are cheaper than prochem, spend over £50.00 and carrage is free.

John.