Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chopsie

HELP,wfp nearly working Just one last hurdle
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »
Can anyone give me any help as to how I can be up and running by morning(B&Q still open at moment!).I have eventually got all pipes etc connected in my van,Tank is nearly full,went to test it out just,and found out the bloody hose reel from pure freedom has got a male tap end on it and my poles also have male ends  >:( Why send it out like that? I am desperate to be up and running,already lost enough time with this project.Please any ideas,machine mart sell airline fittings,would these be of any use???
chopsie

Re: HELP,wfp nearly working Just one last hurdle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »
chop off your bits and replace them with female bits :o

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 07:04:56 pm »
yeh thats obvious  ::) but Is there anything i can do or get from b&q or somewhere now so I am up and running by morning
chopsie

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:34 pm »
Can anyone give me any help as to how I can be up and running by morning(B&Q still open at moment!).I have eventually got all pipes etc connected in my van,Tank is nearly full,went to test it out just,and found out the bloody hose reel from pure freedom has got a male tap end on it and my poles also have male ends  >:( Why send it out like that? I am desperate to be up and running,already lost enough time with this project.Please any ideas,machine mart sell airline fittings,would these be of any use???

Maybe they are gay.
Seriously though, if you have microbore hose, maybe cut the male end off the hose, jubilee clip a bit of half inch hose onto it, and pop a hoselock connector on the end (they are female of course).  Hopefully the bit on the end of your pole hose is hoselock compatible.  If not, a decent janitorial supplier (or another WFPer) in your area may have a fitting for the end of pole hose that can slot into the hoselock.  What area are you in? 

chopsie

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 07:18:28 pm »
its a microbore end on my poles,they fit into to ez snap connector on my back pack,perhaps i could butcher that until i get a new part.i am in derby
chopsie

Mike 108

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 07:24:07 pm »
What you want is - a Rectus 21 female fitting (air/hydraulic fitting). Same as an EZ connector.
Doubt if B&Q sell them - but ring them up and see.

chopsie

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 07:27:40 pm »
cheers mike,if they don't machine mart will and i can get one first thing,I thought the airline fittings looked similar
chopsie

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 07:27:53 pm »
its a microbore end on my poles,they fit into to ez snap connector on my back pack,perhaps i could butcher that until i get a new part.i am in derby

Pity.  If you were in my area I could have sorted you out.  When I got my WCW backpack, the first thing I did was cut the end off and jubilee clip some half inch + put a hoselock on.  It's not to everyone's taste but I am already geared up for that and the bits are more easily available.  I suggested it because hoselock, half inch hose and jubilee clips should be available at your local B & Q whereas the appropriate ez snap wouldn't.  I have spare appropriate male connectors here for hoselock so I could have got you started first thing.  If you were nearby that could have been possible but I'm in Sussex.

chopsie

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 07:31:50 pm »
leapstallbuildings. I am begining to think that changing my ends to hozelock is the way forward,having to order all these fittings is just not pratical
chopsie

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:34:50 pm »
machine mart have lots of fittings,but cannot see rectus 21,they are all in inches,does anyone know what size i need?
chopsie

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »
leapstallbuildings. I am begining to think that changing my ends to hozelock is the way forward,having to order all these fittings is just not pratical

If you do go that route, I suggest the Ionic fitting for the end of your pole hose.  The shape of it means it snags a bit less easily but also, you won't need to use an O-ring to keep it on the tubing.  Some of the male connectors supplied elsewhere need O-rings to keep them on.  The Ionics ones are £5.95 but less aggro to use IMO.

chopsie

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:38:12 pm »
ok mate,I will look into it,But to just clean some windows for now would be good  :(
chopsie

traps7

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 07:50:46 pm »
Get used to it. You're gonna get all sorts of these problems now. You just gotta get round them else you'll never get any work done.

There's a lot more things to go wrong now than when you were trad.

chopsie

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 07:54:27 pm »
traps,I think the answer is for me just to have a good supply of spares,Its just all spending at the moment,i can't afford to pay for a load of spares at the moment   :-\
chopsie

traps7

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 07:58:12 pm »
Yep you're right. I had loads of teething problems. Still do. And I still need to get some more spares up together.

Also I keep trying various bits etc. I think it's just trial and error to what you find suits you.

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 08:00:48 pm »
Converting over to WFP the thought of kit breaking down or parts needed was always a thought in the back of my mind. As time goes on you'll collect parts you may need at a later date, such as pumps etc, but fittings is always something I knew would be needed, it isnt expensive to collect a few spares.

I got 2 spare batteries, 2 spare pumps, plenty of pipe-work and a toolbox of spare fittings.

Most engineering outlets sell rectus parts, pop down and buy a handful,  if not get 20 quid of spares from Gardiners, it'll give you piece of mind and enable you to carry on working when you find out you need something instead of losing 2 days in earnings.

chopsie

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 08:09:51 pm »
matt I will find somewhere tomorrow and get a load of fittings,Wish I had spotted sooner that my reel had a male end on it,never gave it a thought,just put it together whilst i was waiting for the first coat of protectakote to dry on my van
chopsie

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 08:41:59 pm »
Chopsie what pole have you got, is it the xtel if so where did you get it from, if its from wcw and has the thick hose that goes through it I might know a way to get going tomorrow.

chopsie

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:00 pm »
I have an xtel and an slx,got them from gardiners,ITS SORTED now thanks everyone,I found that the end off my wcw backpack easily unscrewed and screwed onto my reel,so fingers crossed i should be up and running for tomorrow now
chopsie

krave

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:29 pm »
I have an xtel and an slx,got them from gardiners,ITS SORTED now thanks everyone,I found that the end off my wcw backpack easily unscrewed and screwed onto my reel,so fingers crossed i should be up and running for tomorrow now

Good luck mate! Let us know how you get on!