This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

prestigeclean

microbore madness
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »
i have 2 100 metre reels of microbore in the van , or i should say i had 2 reels , 1 of the hoses sprung a leak today so i cut a chunk of and thought no more of it , then it sprang another leak and the hose itself started to increase in diameter , 3 leaks in the end and now down to about 50 metres , the hose is just over a year old , anyone else had this prolem regards alan

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Re: microbore madness
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:44:45 pm »
Hi Alan,this very minute I`ve just finished cutting mine down by nearly
Half.It`s a microbore Algarde type hose.My genuine Algarde dos`nt spring
Leaks,but this stuff does.Hav`nt used it in awhile,had it in my workshop,
Might be the last summers heat that’s got to it,but doubt it.I`ve had problems
Like this before though.Whats your thoughts?

Lewis Doubtfire Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:17:12 pm »
where did you get your microbore?

You may have obtained cheap microbore and have your pressure setting to high - most pumps and varistreams are set for 0.5 inch hose.

The inner layer part usually wears first on the hose will give way allowing water to get to the outside skin, and inflate it..

Use some professional microbore from gardiners

The Original Microbore™ Reinforced Hose 11mm x 6mm
Yellow twin re-inforced construction 11mm outer diameter 6mm inner diameter.

THE ORIGINAL AND ULTIMATE MICROBORE™

LIGHT - equals less fatigue whilst working

STRONG -virtually indestructible in normal use, avoid the de-lamination common with inferior product

FLEXIBLE - retains full flexibilty even in extreme conditions

ANTI-KINK -resists water shut-off even when folded over tight

Reduce your work fatigue and time on the job. Also helps regulate water flow so you do not waste as much! This alone can save you up to half an hour a day over regular hose pipe. It doesn't kink or get caught up as much and you can carry twice as much length on your hose reels. We supply a range of professional fittings to attach to this or adapters to use regular fittings with this product.

We are now having this manufactured in the UK in the following lengths exclusively for us. We rate this as the toughest 'microbore' on the market due to a tougher inner layer which is the part that usually wears first.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Hoses.html

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 05:06:01 pm »
Just bought 100m of microbore from Gardiners five minutes ago.
It's a game of three halves!

krave

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »
Just bought 100m of microbore from Gardiners five minutes ago.

Its what I have also invested in. Although cant comment on it too much, Its very strong.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 06:01:45 pm »

You may have obtained cheap microbore and have your pressure setting to high - most pumps and varistreams are set for 0.5 inch hose.

The inner layer part usually wears first on the hose will give way allowing water to get to the outside skin, and inflate it..

STRONG -virtually indestructible in normal use, avoid the de-lamination common with inferior product

Reduce your work fatigue and time on the job. Also helps regulate water flow so you do not waste as much! This alone can save you up to half an hour a day over regular hose pipe. It doesn't kink or get caught up as much and you can carry twice as much length on your hose reels. We supply a range of professional fittings to attach to this or adapters to use regular fittings with this product.

We are now having this manufactured in the UK in the following lengths exclusively for us. We rate this as the toughest 'microbore' on the market due to a tougher inner layer which is the part that usually wears first.

is this stream line microbore ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 07:00:57 pm »
I bought 100 mtrs of microbore yellow stuff form Gardiners in Jan 2006 and it's still going.

prestigeclean

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »
both reels were bought from wintecs the first is nearly 3 years old and no probs the second i bought just over a year ago regards alan

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »

is this stream line microbore ?
30[/size]
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

krave

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »
I bought 100 mtrs of microbore yellow stuff form Gardiners in Jan 2006 and it's still going.

Sounds very promising.  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 11:11:59 pm »
I've never replaced my 100m of minibore and 100m of microbore hose since I bought it in 2004 and I use 200m with a flojet 100psi pump with an on/off switch. No signs of wear or tear or bulging.

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 01:01:26 am »

Mine from gardiners has seen action since march 06.
I'd took it for granted that all microbore was like it. Obviously not.

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 06:54:21 am »
My microbore is over three years old now and touch wood its still fine. It gets run over by cars and dragged over all sorts of things. It looks to me as though it will last another ten years.