This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mist A Bit

is it worth getting software
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:57:42 pm »
i see alot of people talking about george and other programs but just wonderd if its worth getting. im a sole trader and seem to do fine with a diary and a payment book. just wondering if it complicates things that are simple to begin with

steve

daz1977

Re: is it worth getting software
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:02:17 pm »
all depensd on how busy you are,  i find that i am happy with pad and pen,   i can see the advantage of it,  but unless you are really busy and struggling to keep up with the paper work i wouldnt bother, 

you could just down load the free version of george and see if its any good for you, it wasnt for me

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:40:54 pm »
I would recommend George 100 % does everything for you....come home from work, click on jobs done and whether theyve paid or not, then it automatically tells you what youve got to do the next day...

I wouldnt be without it
You can't polish a turd

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:53:35 pm »
I started out with paper book, then it became a nightmare trying to keep it all updated, scribble here scribble there, then moved onto excel now use window cleaner pro. it saves loads of time and one click you can see the debts owed.

I would defo recommend getting the software if to make your life a little easier, what happens if you lose your paper book ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:11:26 pm »
ive been using george for 2 weeks now.great!wish id done it years ago!just done half days work today then came home updated george.just printed up to date worksheets out for mon-fri next week.all sorted! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 04:27:38 pm »
I confess that I have never used round software. I use ms word to do my worksheets.My work can change on a daily basis & often does. I manipulate my work load to suit me & the weather very often. So what I think I'm going to do next week will probably change by monday. i.e. If I have a days work in an area 20 miles away from home & it looks like it might rain heavy in that day then I'll go somewhere nearer to home. I constantly juggle work around to maximise efficiency. It's not hard for me, I know every job I have & it's price & how long it takes in my head. I know all the jobs that are due from my printed work sheet. I take the worksheet with me & just tick off each job when done & if they paid or not. When I get home I just transfere that info into an A4 diary. Simple, open the diary & it tells me what i've done, who's paid & who hasn't, how much I earned for each day/week etc. As the payments come in I just ammend in diary. ;)

No Ladders

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »
WCP all the way. The back up is great to. Saves me loads of time & my
accounts are always up to date. Makes my tax return so easy

matt

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:07:44 pm »
i love my gadgets, i have 2 PDA's, 1 is brand new with GPS and runs tomtom

BUT

a small book and a pen, a tick to say its done, a P to say they have paid

then i fill out my diary half when i sit down halfway though the day for a sandwich and then before i leave for home, its me a few mins each time

why make life complicated

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:37 pm »
I agree Matt

But if you did want to make life comlpicated..

matt

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »
I agree Matt

But if you did want to make life comlpicated..

use window cleaning software  ;)

i s.pose my round is fairly easy to manage, i have said it before ( start at house a and work right though to the end of the round, keep the same order, you know where you are , timescales ? ? ? you see me when i am next around )

for the commercial stuff, clean then when they are due, you know the pub is done every 2 weeks, the office every month, the few shops every week