This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

krave

Battery help.
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:50:38 pm »
Buying the last few items for my Wfp setup hopefully tomorrow and just wanted to check about batterys.

Im going to get a 110ah leisure battery.

If I run this on a split relay will I need to take it indors still at night, Or will I be ok? I dont have masses of work to be honest either.

And where would be the place to get a split relay and rough cost....?

Cheers for your help.

jeff1

Re: Battery help.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:54:52 pm »
If you don't travel long distances between your Jobs and you don't have plenty of work then a split charge relay isn't the answer, you really need to recharge you battery after every use if you want it to last.

krave

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:00:43 am »
Ok thats cool. I do however do alot of milage outside of work in the van. In this case would a split relay still not be a good option?

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:06:15 am »
That's fine if your covering a fair mileage in the van and in that case I would still recommend you give it a bench charge at least once a week to keep it tip top.

Look after your battery and your battery will look after you  ;)

krave

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:14:27 am »
Spot on mate. Any brands you recommend? Or just a high Ah?

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:59:21 pm »
Spot on mate. Any brands you recommend? Or just a high Ah?
The best you can afford is my answer and an intellegent charger, you can then stick your battery on charge over the weekend and your charger will look after your battery.

wizard

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:56:07 pm »
A tip for a battery never recharge with the batt placed on the cement floor always put on a wooden bench and loosen the refills caps on the tops if they have any.

matt

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:16 pm »
my tip

dont waste your money buying a battery

pop along to your local back street garage ( most industrial estates have them ) go in and ask if they have any old batteries ( they have to pay to have them taken away ), they will be out the back ( normally the other side of the fire escape door ;))

grab a few of them, i allways choose the type with screw caps that can be topped up AND the type marked HEAVY DUTY, grab a few and take them away, if you get 5 i bet 2 of them will be just fine for our use, i have 2 that hold enough charge for 2 days and are still more than 50 % power

they are free, you are doing your bit for the environment, what more do you want

krave

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 09:32:39 pm »
my tip

dont waste your money buying a battery

pop along to your local back street garage ( most industrial estates have them ) go in and ask if they have any old batteries ( they have to pay to have them taken away ), they will be out the back ( normally the other side of the fire escape door ;))

grab a few of them, i allways choose the type with screw caps that can be topped up AND the type marked HEAVY DUTY, grab a few and take them away, if you get 5 i bet 2 of them will be just fine for our use, i have 2 that hold enough charge for 2 days and are still more than 50 % power

they are free, you are doing your bit for the environment, what more do you want

Matt what battery are you using? Ie Ah etc. Would be good to know what can be used.

Sounds good saving cash, As I have so over spent on the 4040 etc. But am worried Id be half way though a day and it'l die.

Think Il be ok??

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:43:03 pm »
I too need a battery,might try the free garage ones(why are they getting dumped if they are still good?)also,would one of those jump start power pack things work ok?
chopsie

matt

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »
i have a massive BMW battery that powers my sub pump and when i use the van mount  ( it really is big, i will check the amp tomorrow for you all ), this is solar charged

then i have 2 smaller everyday car batteries for my cart, when 1 is on charge ( solar in the van ) the other is being used ) for a while now i have not put a battery on charge from electricity ( another green plus )

they are thrown out as them might not hold the charge for starting a car, but dont forget thats a hefty hit, we only slowly discharge them, if you charge every night ( or solar ) then they are ideal

some will not take or hold charge, when you find them, take them to the recycling center, no harm they were going to end up down there anyways

krave

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »
I am picking up a 110 ah battery on saturday (well 3) and I have bought a sealey intelligent charger today. think Im going to mount the battery ands charger in the van at all times, cosealed and have a plug socket for custom extension lead to plug into.

Will be putting a frew pics up soon of my install.

Just made a ro stand. Spraying it all black tomorrow and getting a few bits welded.
So much nivcer looking at neat equipment. And I think Ocd takes over with me.