This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

traps7

Anyone know where I can get one of these?
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:15 pm »
Hi Guys. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

I know it's an ez-snap and has Rectus Type 21 stamped on it but its got to have a 1/8" male thread not a 1/4" male thread because I got some smaller taps to use.

GWCS

Re: Anyone know where I can get one of these?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 05:53:43 pm »
not sure about getting that part.. but you could try a reducing bush

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/static/High_Pressure_Reducing_Bush

traps7

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:29:48 pm »
Thanks GWCS. I went for these: http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/GS/Reduction-Nipple-Male-x-Female-R57610
Hope they're right. Stainless is a lot more expensive.

And thanks Mike but I can't see what you meant by pointing me there.
The tap i got is from Gardiners but the tap handle is a bit crap I find after a few weeks and the standard protector balls don't really cover it either.

You can see the Gardiners tap alongside my tap below. Gotta say though it's the first thing I've bought from them I'm not happy with.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:59 pm »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

traps7

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:12:54 pm »
Thanks Spruce.

I did see that site. The delivery charge put me off though. £9 minimum delivery charge!

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 03:15:12 pm »
sorry traps , i thought it was the same fitting ::) ;D

Xline Systems

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 03:19:04 pm »
Thanks GWCS. I went for these: http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/GS/Reduction-Nipple-Male-x-Female-R57610

The tap i got is from Gardiners but the tap handle is a bit crap I find after a few weeks and the standard protector balls don't really cover it either.

You can see the Gardiners tap alongside my tap below. Gotta say though it's the first thing I've bought from them I'm not happy with.
dont you find that with the tap kit on the left your pole end adaptor all ways pops out if you have it that way round?

traps7

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 03:33:58 pm »
No I haven't found that. I just find the whole tap a bit big and the standard protecter balls dont cover it.

Also the tap keeps catching on things and turning on easily where as on the smaller tap it doesn't.

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:25 pm »
Thanks Spruce.

I did see that site. The delivery charge put me off though. £9 minimum delivery charge!

Yeh. It is steep. I usually order a whole lot of stuff for 'spares' so it usually masks the delivery charge. I would email them and ask them to post them.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 11:10:37 pm »

if that tap is anything like the one I have been using for the last 3 days they are total rubbish, turn on when knocked a little, try turning off still let water out. have to take it off and bin it as the worst tap I have ever used. Maybe a fault with it, but the first day it was annoying me the second day worse, thank job I was only on one job today as I would have pulled my hair out.. them taps IMO get a rating of 2/10 the 2 is because they look nice ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

traps7

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 11:30:40 pm »
Which ones? the Gardiners ones or the other one i have?

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 10:02:40 am »
Which ones? the Gardiners ones or the other one i have?
the one in the pic on the left.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

traps7

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 01:05:19 pm »
Yes that's the gardiners one. It's crap.

Ian W

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 01:11:33 pm »
Go to a local hydraulic hose supplier. Pirtek are a national company. I bet they will have one, or will be able to order it in for you. I get mine from Hyphose, but they are only on the south coast.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

traps7

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »
Ok thanks, because those reduction nipples came today and I must have ordered the wrong ones. They came with a male 1/4 thread and a female 1/8.  I've just emailed them. I dont know if it's my mistake or not.