This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Re: wcp v george
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 11:27:08 am »
slumpbuster i see where your coming from, fact is i designed a custom system that i had a programmer write for me, later we fell out over money and i had to stop using the system, so tried wcp, and although i can see it is very good i just couldnt get on with it. so heres how i do it on excel.

i have a master sheet with all the custys on and all there details that i only see. active or not is indicated by colour as are one off customers

we now offer a choice of 6 or 12 weeks to customers so i have 12 separate week lists arranged in the best possible order for efficientcy if they are 6 weekly they appear twice in the 12 week list, once for 12 weekers. so start of week 1 we print all the customers in order for that week rather than doing a job sheet every night, and then simply work through the list in its pre arranged order as long as weather allows, when that week list is done, print the next one and so on, sometimes were behind sometimes were ahead. we spread the work evenly throughout the weeks so they are all roughly the same value.

So what about the end of the day and outstanding payments? if someone pays us on the day they are simply crossed of in pen on the printed worksheet. if not then i open that weeks sheet and copy and paste them into another for outstanding payments, this page has colums for date in was done, invoices, late payment letters sent and so on.

it really is so simple, maybe spend about 20 minutes at the end of each day.

obviously there is more to it, so anyone who wants to learn more about how i do this and its advantages is welcome to email me to talk about it in more detail. lee@pryors-uk.com
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

ianhannaford

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 02:33:28 pm »
slumpbuster i see where your coming from, fact is i designed a custom system that i had a programmer write for me, later we fell out over money and i had to stop using the system, so tried wcp, and although i can see it is very good i just couldnt get on with it. so heres how i do it on excel.

i have a master sheet with all the custys on and all there details that i only see. active or not is indicated by colour as are one off customers

we now offer a choice of 6 or 12 weeks to customers so i have 12 separate week lists arranged in the best possible order for efficientcy if they are 6 weekly they appear twice in the 12 week list, once for 12 weekers. so start of week 1 we print all the customers in order for that week rather than doing a job sheet every night, and then simply work through the list in its pre arranged order as long as weather allows, when that week list is done, print the next one and so on, sometimes were behind sometimes were ahead. we spread the work evenly throughout the weeks so they are all roughly the same value.

So what about the end of the day and outstanding payments? if someone pays us on the day they are simply crossed of in pen on the printed worksheet. if not then i open that weeks sheet and copy and paste them into another for outstanding payments, this page has colums for date in was done, invoices, late payment letters sent and so on.

it really is so simple, maybe spend about 20 minutes at the end of each day.

obviously there is more to it, so anyone who wants to learn more about how i do this and its advantages is welcome to email me to talk about it in more detail. lee@pryors-uk.com

Hi Lee,

Ive tried to call a few times and left an answer phone message to give me a ring when your free as I am more than happy to visit again and get you sorted on WCP?

Cheers

Ian

John Walker

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 02:43:31 pm »
Both programs are very good.  If you are just starting up, then George will do everything you need and is still being improved.  In fact a new update has just been announced adding more features.

If your business grows you might need to move to another program.

The back up with both programs is second to none!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Lee Pryor

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 02:51:30 pm »
 ian i am happy for you to make a visit but  the thing isnt working at all. not sure its for me, i dont like all this separate jobs business. we provide different services, like gutter clearing, jet washing, gutter clearing and so on, its very long winded inputting all this as seperate jobs. also i dont want to do job sheets every night, im sick of it. i just want to work with a rolling list, not to due dates. if you still think wcp can work for my business then im listening mate.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 03:37:42 pm »
Lee,  I found that to be the advantage of WCP - i like it that i can have a reg clean with a custy then add a gutter clean as 1 off job and all the details are stored under custy name addy also the schedule allows me to look ahead and when done its all stored and have a record of the customers jobs/ prices

i like this for the 1 off jobs as i put it on a 26 week cycle so i can promp custy for a repeat on the job!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Steve CM

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 03:53:07 pm »
ian i am happy for you to make a visit but  the thing isnt working at all. not sure its for me, i dont like all this separate jobs business. we provide different services, like gutter clearing, jet washing, gutter clearing and so on, its very long winded inputting all this as seperate jobs. also i dont want to do job sheets every night, im sick of it. i just want to work with a rolling list, not to due dates. if you still think wcp can work for my business then im listening mate.

i do really like the programme and i can't praise it enough since really adjusting to it but to me what Lee is explaining here is still its short fall. with a few other minors but to me this is still quite an issue ;)

I just think that window cleaners are more versatile nowadays with wfp and offer additional services. to see them all in different screens and as seperate custys (even though they are the same name) to me is all backwards. i still have a debt of £140 in my task menu because the same custy is in credit £140 on another screen. totally confusing. We are moving more general cleaning services onto our business in the new year so to add aditional cleans/services to the same custy would be good, although i know that is more personal to me.

How many of us now with wfp add services like con roof, fascias, gutters etc what about hotels or shops that may have certain areas cleaned on different parts of the month at different prices?

I've already said to ian if i needed to pay for a bolt on to my wcp app to do it i gladly would. i wouldn't expect him to do it all for nothing.

PS Ian i ain't having a pop fella, just reinforcing my beliefs that has been highlighted already.

ianhannaford

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »

i do really like the programme and i can't praise it enough since really adjusting to it but to me what Lee is explaining here is still its short fall. with a few other minors but to me this is still quite an issue ;)

I just think that window cleaners are more versatile nowadays with wfp and offer additional services. to see them all in different screens and as seperate custys (even though they are the same name) to me is all backwards. i still have a debt of £140 in my task menu because the same custy is in credit £140 on another screen. totally confusing. We are moving more general cleaning services onto our business in the new year so to add aditional cleans/services to the same custy would be good, although i know that is more personal to me.

How many of us now with wfp add services like con roof, fascias, gutters etc what about hotels or shops that may have certain areas cleaned on different parts of the month at different prices?

I've already said to ian if i needed to pay for a bolt on to my wcp app to do it i gladly would. i wouldn't expect him to do it all for nothing.

PS Ian i ain't having a pop fella, just reinforcing my beliefs that has been highlighted already.

As always we are open to constructive feedback and we are well under way to getting the new customer screens completed which should solve your current problems as well as make customer management and input a lot faster and easier.

Thanks

Ian

p1w1

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 03:58:03 pm »

i agree and would also pay as i think most would
paul

p1w1

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »
while your on here ian, is it possible to print off an invoice for a job before it's done, i have 2 pubs to clean now that require and invoice be left when i have done the clean but i don't know if i will be paid there or then or later depending if the landlord is there or not so i want to print the invoice off in the morning before i start the day so i can leave it with them.

thanks
paul

ianhannaford

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 04:05:50 pm »
while your on here ian, is it possible to print off an invoice for a job before it's done, i have 2 pubs to clean now that require and invoice be left when i have done the clean but i don't know if i will be paid there or then or later depending if the landlord is there or not so i want to print the invoice off in the morning before i start the day so i can leave it with them.

thanks
paul

Hi Paul,

This is only possible by entering the clean and then printing the invoice off at the moment but it is something that will be included in the future.

Thanks

Ian

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 04:12:22 pm »
ok, how would i actually do it, do i have to put it on the day's worksheet then go to the end of day part mark it as done and then print an invoice or is there a easier way.

thanks
paul

Neil

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 05:34:48 pm »
I have been running George for a few years now and have always been very happy with it, However I recently looked a changing to WCP for a couple of reasons, mainly because Palm have changed their operating system so George is no longer compatible, Paul says he has no plans to change that or  to make it work on any other OS which is a shame.

That in my eyes makes George behind the times and so will surely become obsolete.

I tried WCP and found it a good solid piece of software but have decided not to buy as I am in the process of making lots of expensive changes to my company so cash is tied up elsewhere.
I did consider the pay monthly option but having worked out the extra cost felt it was ridiculously high, as bad as the bloody credit cards in fact, I was so shocked at the APR I uninstalled the trial and decided to stick with George.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 06:23:43 pm »
ok ian

i will call you next week to arrange a day to meet up.

ianhannaford

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:35 pm »
I have been running George for a few years now and have always been very happy with it, However I recently looked a changing to WCP for a couple of reasons, mainly because Palm have changed their operating system so George is no longer compatible, Paul says he has no plans to change that or  to make it work on any other OS which is a shame.

That in my eyes makes George behind the times and so will surely become obsolete.

I tried WCP and found it a good solid piece of software but have decided not to buy as I am in the process of making lots of expensive changes to my company so cash is tied up elsewhere.
I did consider the pay monthly option but having worked out the extra cost felt it was ridiculously high, as bad as the bloody credit cards in fact, I was so shocked at the APR I uninstalled the trial and decided to stick with George.

The reason the price is higher as we get charged by paypal for every monthly transaction. Secondly we have to monitor and update the license every month. It works out at £3.82 extra per month which covers paypal and admin costs.

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 07:47:27 pm »
I print a pub invoice before i do it, so didn't really ubderstand  ians reply ???

Anyhow while your here ian, i have a science park with six different building that want cleaning at different times, how do i include the other five jobs?

p1w1

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 07:55:41 pm »
I print a pub invoice before i do it, so didn't really ubderstand  ians reply ???

Anyhow while your here ian, i have a science park with six different building that want cleaning at different times, how do i include the other five jobs?

how do you do that then slumpbuster

paul

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 08:16:21 pm »
Had to go to pub like you , so used search to find job, clicked maintain, clicked print invoice.Invoice printed.

I think thats how i did it.I am not very good in the programme still learning.

p1w1

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:07 pm »
i tried that but then when i went to the end of day on the program worksheet it then showed that the pub owed twice 1 for the clean that i did that day and 1 for the pre raised invoice. I would double check yours just to make sure it hasn't done the same mate..

paul

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:46 pm »
will do, cheers.