This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rg1

wcp v george
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:33 pm »
Apart from the price, what's the difference??

Only asking as I want to invest in one or the other.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

p1w1

Re: wcp v george
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:17:37 pm »
the best thing to do mate is download them both and trial them it's all down to personal preference and what you actually need from them . basically they both do the same thing but in different ways..

paul

rg1

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:49 pm »
So the fact that wcp costs more doesn't mean it does more for the money or is easier to use?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:03 pm »
RG -  as stated trial them both

on a personal level i have trialled both and am going to use WCP - i found it far more user friendly, professional, and more importantly did things the way i like them done.

couldn't be happier and have just purchased my copy today.

but you may find George does just what you want.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
this topic come up every few months, George does the job, but after using WCP, i prefer it.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:27:49 pm »
window cleaner pro is great i would use it if i was you

only £16 a month for a year i think

or pay up front about 150 ish

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:28 pm »
neither is my answer, just set up a few exel spreadsheets, free, have it do what you want, move it from pc to pc when you want, doesnt go wrong. simple
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 09:56:11 pm »
Lee - i started out doing that but found that once you get over a couple of hundred customers the excel sheets get a bit unweldly - at least the programs (WCP) takes care of debts,schedules etc..

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:30 pm »
I'm a bit surprised that someone as enlightened as you lee should think this. You have built a great company, but should consider the possibility that you are wrong on this issue.

As for a side by side comparison george is easier and does most things. Wpro is more comprehensive, harder to learn, but probably worthwhile.

As just one example; the search function.Often when you get a bank payment, a cheque, or for some other reason you have to figure out which job it relates too. In george you put either the name, or the address (you have a choice), but it's surprising how often you can't find what you want. In pro type in any word you remember from the job (avenue as an example and it will show you everything with avenue in it- or jones or whatever).

Ste M

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »
with the free trial downloads are there any difference between them and the actual one you pay for? i dont want to trial it and decide i like it and then find out its different

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:16:19 pm »
the Trials are the full programs, but with a limited license, so when you make your choice, you pay your money and get the full license activated. all your jobs are just the way you left them ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:30 pm »
Clive

Freeform search does just that in George, also they have just added half a dozen new features.

I am beginning to like George again, strange how things can change so quickly, i hated it last month.

Ste M

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:13 pm »
whats the difference in price between them both?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 12:31:16 am »
i downloaded george the full program for £50 with free internet backup for 6 months!great!took me 6 hours to input 320 custys though with full addresses,frequency and price!easy to use and does the job.never tryed WCpro.i heard one guy on ere paid £277 with internet backup for 12 months! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 12:32:53 am »
daz what do you use though? your pc? ive just got a blackberry and ive heard you can put all the info into this, does anyone know if this is true and if it works ok

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 12:38:49 am »
ive got it on my laptop.just bought a brand new one with windows 7 on and a new printer.i print worksheets for the week,then debt lists for collecting! ;) ;)some have got pocket george on a cheap pda palm but im ok with this for now.i used a notebook,pen and diary for 15 yrs so this is new to me!my accountant will be impressed! ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:41:44 am »
so basically each night do you just input what you have cleaned and also if they have paid ot not? do you find it a lot easier than pen an paper and is it worth the money?

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 12:48:33 am »
yes!it takes 10 mins every night after work.its really easy!once youve inputted all ur custys,its a doddle!!defo worth the money!dont know why i didnt do it years ago.prob cos i used to have a computer phobia! ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:04 am »
right then, i will download the george one over the weeknd and put them all in. lets see how it goes over the next 3 months and then i can make my decision based on that. cheers daz ;D

krave

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 02:19:55 am »
Have downloaded the trial of George before and thought it seemed very good. Very simple to use, very straight forward getting you to input one thing a time with prompts.

Just downloaded trial of Wcp and think im going to buy it.

Seems so sophisticated. Very on the ball with being able to manage things, very smart look, and just generally seems like its very good.

Looks a lot more professional than George, but also a lot harder to work.

I think if you want something easy go with George.

Question for anyone with Wcp, Does it print off all your expenses etc, and make spreadsheets or overviews of monthly income/expenditure to make tax return a doddle?

Sorry if that makes no sense or is waffle, Getting very tired.