Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ants

Van stolen today
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:28:49 pm »
was working at the back of a property today when water supply stopped went to see why and saw my van being driven off.
rang 999 and the police recovered it in about 15 mins.they spotted it and gave chase the thief got out and ran ,they got the helicopter on him,dont know if they caught him yet.
was stolen from a cul de sac in a quite area.
its got some damage to front wheel where its been curbed, and i lost a half days work and will probley loose 2moro as theyre checking it for prints.
NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I LEAVE MY KEYS IN!!!!!!!
Advice ,dont like me think" it wont get nicked here."
I know i was lucky to get it back

rg1

Re: Van stolen today
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:32:25 pm »
Sorry to hear that, but luckily you got it back.

We use the van ports so we can lock the van up..for obvious reasons ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

ants

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:36:56 pm »
yeah im gonna get some fitted over xmas

dave.e

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:37:14 pm »
sorry to here about that today mate but when they catch him chop is hands off he won;t do it again and i am not being funny when i say this but every body knows never ever leave your keys in the motor no matter where you live there is always scum bags about dave

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:37:21 pm »
trust no one not even yourself!

keep it looked at all times  ;)

I heard of someone stealing some trainers out the back of a van, now thats desperate.. keep it locked, you can rest easy.. ier :D

windowinfo

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:01 pm »
well done for getting it back plod!
Tock them 3 days to come and see my van when it was broken into, then they said "have you used the vehicle sir ? "yes officer as it is a works van" plod "well sorry we cant help you as you have contaminated the crime scene! "
still, insurance payed out then switched to wfp with the payout!!
chin up Ants.

bad trippy

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »
Was just wondering if you have to leave the engine running if you have a hot system?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

GWCS

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 04:42:40 pm »
Was just wondering if you have to leave the engine running if you have a hot system?

no.

its self heating burner.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 04:58:48 pm »
was working at the back of a property today when water supply stopped went to see why and saw my van being driven off.
rang 999 and the police recovered it in about 15 mins.they spotted it and gave chase the thief got out and ran ,they got the helicopter on him,dont know if they caught him yet.
was stolen from a cul de sac in a quite area.
its got some damage to front wheel where its been curbed, and i lost a half days work and will probley loose 2moro as theyre checking it for prints.
NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I LEAVE MY KEYS IN!!!!!!!
Advice ,dont like me think" it wont get nicked here."
I know i was lucky to get it back

Why would you anyway?  ???
It's a game of three halves!

Slash

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 05:16:37 pm »
It's good you got it back,to be honest leaving your keys in the van while working is asking for trouble....WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE :o

Steve_c

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 05:19:50 pm »
Glad you got your van back mate. My mate was doing similar but never left the keys in the ignition, the customer saw what was happening and shouted to my mate. He caught both of them one in the van and gave him a good hiding, the other ran back to his car where he was given a black eye and a very fat lip.

jarvy

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:10 pm »
Would never leave keys in the van,asking for trouble really. My vivaro i can leave the back and side doors open and lock the cab,at least i can work away from the van with a little peace of mind. If they wanted it that baddly though the thieving gits would find a way  >:(
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

eclipse

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:35:35 pm »
Really am pleased you got it back however

what  sort of idiot leaves his keys in his van and expects to come back to find his van still there!!

would you leave your money and wallet on the front seat and expect it to still be there

if the van had have been a write off say the insurance company wouldnt pay out if they knew you had left your keys in

I hope you have learned your lesson

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:50:01 pm »

what  sort of idiot leaves his keys in his van and expects to come back to find his van still there!!

would you leave your money and wallet on the front seat and expect it to still be there

if the van had have been a write off say the insurance company wouldnt pay out if they knew you had left your keys in

You are right there would of been no payout from insurance and I think you can get a slap on the wrist by the boys in blue, can't remember the reason but iit is illegal to leave keys in the unoccupied vehicle
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

weetot

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 08:03:14 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate, i was working in a cul-de-sac yesterday, then left my SLX at the front of the house with my trolley, then finished my cuppa tea at the back, in the warm sunshine and caught 2 blokes from a scrap van about 4 metres from it looking it up & down.

Jesus you got to nail everything down nowadays..
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

brianbarber

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »
Just a thought,
most insurance policies have it written that if its stolen with keys in ignition they will not pay out in the case of theft.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 08:45:29 am »

I really depends where you live.
Crime is miniscule around here. I've only ever taken the keys out near council estates.
I suppose if you're in London or the north it's different...

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54:57 am »

What sort of idiot indeed?   ;D

Oops !! I've done it myself in the past occasionally but not recently.

When my leisure batteries were getting old, I would sometimes run the engine while working (split charger is fitted) as they wouldn't last the full day even after a charge.  I would lock the cab with the spare key.  Trouble is that the sort of scrote that would nick the van wouldn't worry about putting the window in in order to take it.  Obviously I would be selective about where I would run the engine but it is a bad idea.  If the leisure battery starts to run low now, I get another and carry it as a spare for when the old one runs down.  Removing them and charging them more regularly has been a big help in preserving them.

david watts

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 03:41:20 pm »
squeaky  most in the north could leave their doors open and not be woried
  its just with hard times lots of southerners come up here to rob they dont bother going to
  liverpool  ;D.....
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 03:53:01 pm »
squeaky  most in the north could leave their doors open and not be woried
  its just with hard times lots of southerners come up here to rob they dont bother going to
  liverpool  ;D
Someone stole your full stops.
Yeah, crime only happens in the North and that London  ::).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐