This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Cherry picker prices
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:06 pm »
Anyone hazard a guess as to the cost of a cherry picker (to reach five storeys) with operative(s) for a day?

I was asked to quote a gutter clean price today so off the top of my head I gave one. The woman nearly bit my hand off saying i was so much cheaper than the cherry picker they used last time.
I've since had a think about it and realised I would probably need another for or five superlight sections for my vac - £500!!!!!!
Think i'm out of my depth on this one.

bad trippy

Re: Cherry picker prices
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:12 pm »
I hired a cherry picker plus operator for £70 per hour back in the summer on a very awkward gutter clear, job all done in about 20 mins, quick oner in my pocket ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

trees

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:06:22 pm »
where abouts are you?
if its for 1  day your looking at £150 for the cherry picker (depending on the size) and then £80 for it to be delivered and picked up and then another £150 for the person for the day so all in all your looking at

£380 + vat just for the cherry picker and operator

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:27:50 pm »
where abouts are you?
if its for 1  day your looking at £150 for the cherry picker (depending on the size) and then £80 for it to be delivered and picked up and then another £150 for the person for the day so all in all your looking at

£380 + vat just for the cherry picker and operator
i used a firm called stp in Bristol, they do high level window cleaning but also will rent you a cherry picker
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

outdoor restore

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 05:43:28 pm »
I use this firm www.cherrygreenaccess.co.uk they are based in the midlands but work nationally.  Last time I used them, had a truck mounted cherry picker to do the outside of a rooftop glass house, and a vertical scissor lift to do the inside and paid about £400, they provided all manpower for the equipment and moved the furniture etc for the internal one.  MD is a guy called Andrew Newlove 08450170925.

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »
i did a job a few years back ( a carpentry job ) and the hire and guy to operate it ( he just sat around in the 4X4 he towed it to me ) cost just under 400 quid for the day

ftp

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 07:02:51 pm »
Hmmmm I quoted over £300 so god knows what they normally pay  :o

Seers

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:44:56 pm »
Hi ftp,

We can offer a 23m cherry picker and operative for £395 + VAT a day including delivery to birmingham. 15m cherry picker and operative is only £275 + VAT, our operatives will give you a hand too if you want. Have a look at our website www.dragonaccess.co.uk

We work all over the UK at the moment.

Cheers,

Huw

ftp

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:47 pm »
Thanks, cheaper than I thought to be honest.