This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Arghhhh!
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:00:46 pm »
Leant over to take something out of my van and I think i've torn my calf muscle. Can hardly walk now  :'(

Anyone else done it - what's the treatment/cure?

How long to fix?

Picked up a gutter job today 50'  :o :o :o :o :o
any one done a guttervac job that high and survived?

macmac

Re: Arghhhh!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:16:11 pm »
Not sure on the calf muscle thing but, I'm pretty sure, one day, probably in many years to come, at some point, somehow, somewhere (maybe over the rainbow) in some shape or form, may not be immediately apparent, may even be in disguise- You will get some luck that is good!! ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 03:21:58 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( can't wait much longer!

I've checked the internet and apparently it's quite common in athletes like me ............... and middle aged people.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »
Funny how it never affects your typing though.... ;D

SteveAllan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »
Wow, an injury not the result of a ladder, thought wfp was safe  ;D

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 03:41:30 pm »
think  a few day of good rest, should help, have you had i checked out,

i cut my finger last year and thought nothing of it, turn out i sliced one of my tendens and now cant move a finger a lot, and it was only a small cut as well

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:07:33 pm »
You'll be fine come Jan 4th 2010 ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:25 pm »
lots of hot and cold treatment,for that type of injury.

10mins cold 10mins hot about 6-8 time a day. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 04:15:29 pm »
The cold I agree with, but I'm not sure about the hot.  Wor Lass is a runner, and I know when she does something daft, the injured part gets iced.  Paula Radcliffe gets into iced baths after a race.

I think hot could do further damage, so I'd check that out first because I could be wrong.

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:15 pm »
My mum tore her calf muscle when on holiday in Mallorca bending down to pick up a table tennis ball! No pre warn, it just went "bang" and snapped.

She was on crutches for weeks and had a cast too.

Ian W

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:45:18 pm »
I did it playing in a charity football match - I thought someone had thrown something and it had hit my leg. On the pitch for a total of 30 seconds...  ;D

The only thing you can do is rest it, ice it when it first happens and I was told to use the hot / cold treatment as suggested. Apparently helps reduce any swelling after the initial injury has settled down.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

rg1

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:07 pm »
Leant over to take something out of my van and I think i've torn my calf muscle. Can hardly walk now  :'(

How long to fix?

[/color]

I've got one similar next week. Been asking on here for ideas for a support pole.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

ftp

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 05:00:11 pm »
I did it playing in a charity football match - I thought someone had thrown something and it had hit my leg. On the pitch for a total of 30 seconds...  ;D

The only thing you can do is rest it, ice it when it first happens and I was told to use the hot / cold treatment as suggested. Apparently helps reduce any swelling after the initial injury has settled down.

Yeah that's what I had - felt like someone threw a cricket ball on my leg. Had an audience too, whole office block probably had a good chuckle.

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 05:04:38 pm »
ftp, you are such a wimp  ;D revenge lol

ftp

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 05:06:03 pm »

How long to fix?

[/color]

I've got one similar next week. Been asking on here for ideas for a support pole.

I think I can hold it ok provided there's no wind but the cost of purchasing more sections would wipe out any profit. The only way I could do it would be to add another £500 to the bill  :o
Could hire one I suppose.