This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Re: Christmas Tips
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 06:08:42 pm »
 ;D no offence big guy.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 06:11:33 pm »
Got a mate who was investigated by the taxman, they made him pay 17% of monthly turnover extra as undeclared christmas tips.  Annoying thing is he had declared them any way.  Declare them or not it's up to you, I doubt you'll go to prison, they'll just guestimate what you would have got tips wise in their favour and tax you on that.

Simon (the powerTOOL)
Rubbish, he's telling you tall stories.  ;D
It's a gift from someone!

Do you declare it when your friend buys you a pint? ::)

And besides, they can't just guess what you've earned or been given anyway. Don't quite think that would stand up in court. ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 06:19:44 pm »
Ya gotta laugh. Same topic, different year  ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 06:25:47 pm »
http://charterconsultation.hmrc.gov.uk/working/tips-bonuses.htm

Interesting read, again it's your choice but I'm only saying what the law states, and a trusted mate of mine did get clobbered with the let's guess the tips clause.  I personally don't like paying anymore tax than I have to.

I guess the reason is that you could tell your customers that the price of window cleaning is £1 provided you get a £20 tip every time, therefore only paying tax on a £1.

I wonder what the tax office does with posties as they get plenty of tips. mmmm.

Simon.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »
Oh i got a jar of homemade marmelade too. Orange with brown sugar. One of Delia's recipe's by all accounts. They spoil me  ;D
Beat you, off one customer today homemade  jar of marmalade, 2 jars of jam, 1 jar of chutney and bottle homemade plonk. I buy the jams of this customer throughout the year for £1.00 each and they are much better than the shops, she makes the jam for the local chiurch and sells at their functions, I am just hoping the plonk tastes as good as the jams do.
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

paulben

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 08:24:18 pm »
scrouge here says its un earned income and has to be declared but if you do its up to you ( 3 for me 1 for them haha )
Do not steal the government hates competition

cozy

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »
After WW2, the Waffen SS were renamed "German Tax Office". Even they don't want to know about tips. As far as I know, only taxi drivers and waiters have a % reckoned on to their income because it is expected in terms of employment. If this wasn't the case, they would have to account for every single trade being open to tipping, such as leckies or plumbers or whatever. Personally, I wouldn't bother declareing tips. So nur nur nunur nur :P :P :P ;D

cozy

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 08:35:39 pm »
March march march march, bang bang bang,"Open ze door English tax dodging Schweinhund". ???

Ta-ra

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 08:38:54 pm »
When asked how I wanted paying, the other day, I said a cheque is fine, and the customer said, "I bet you'd prefer cash, eh?".  Why I asked?  It said, so it doesn't have to go in the books.  har har not funny you twat.  Ok I didn't say twat but it shows their attitude.

matt

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 11:13:05 pm »

and rogers response is allmost word for word the same  ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:53 am »

and rogers response is allmost word for word the same  ;D ;D
I know. Different people to educate each year eh...? ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:03 am »
Guess so squeaks. We're just old farts around here now  :P