Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

weetot

Re: Christmas rush
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 07:05:40 pm »
One offs................................................forget it!  ???
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

matt

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »
ive had 3 calls today about cleans

i guess they were one-off's

i will give them a really high "first clean" price, then a normal price for regular cleans

What you doing back home at this time Mathew?? ;D

well i got soaked to the skin, even my pants were wet, so i was home at 12.30 :(

i then spent my time wisely stripping down a pop-top that i had just purchased for my campervan, it was hammering down, but as i was wet, i just cracked on

You should be ashamed not working in the rain!!!!! ;D

the first 3 houses were done in light rain ( drizzle ) and whilst it was ok, it wasnt pleasant , then the last house ( i only had 4 to do then i had finished the area ) was done in the rain, it was embarrassing, the lady looked embarrassed when i tapped on the door to collect  :-[, she said " i s.pose you have to work in the rain sometimes "

i know people will say " its all to to with training , guarantees etc etc, but i am not hard up enough to have to work in the rain

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 07:45:31 am »

i will give them a really high "first clean" price, then a normal price for regular cleans

well i got soaked to the skin, even my pants were wet, so i was home at 12.30 :(

i then spent my time wisely stripping down a pop-top that i had just purchased for my campervan, it was hammering down, but as i was wet, i just cracked on

the first 3 houses were done in light rain ( drizzle ) and whilst it was ok, it wasnt pleasant , then the last house ( i only had 4 to do then i had finished the area ) was done in the rain, it was embarrassing, the lady looked embarrassed when i tapped on the door to collect  :-[, she said " i s.pose you have to work in the rain sometimes "

i know people will say " its all to to with training , guarantees etc etc, but i am not hard up enough to have to work in the rain
Nothing to do with being hard up Mattis it really, it is a choice. I would have highlighted a point in this post about what customer said to you, but the forum is still playing up and I gave up lol
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:49 pm »
window-washers-ian

i know you work in rain and was wondering how you do it bsaically

I'm akward custy say, i open the door " it's not woth it mate in this weather"

what do you do then ian.

tell em your rain guarantees etc.
what if you still get not today.

do you then tell custy there binned.

just curious really.
thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 04:13:29 pm »
having just put my ad in local paper i can just feel whats going to happen, they will all ring me looking their windows cleaned xmas week and i WONT be able to do them all, why cant they just ring now, have had 3 calls so far from the advert, 1 that was a one off isnt bothering now(stuff her) 2nd i quoted this morning as it was local (left note through door and she is to call me) 3rd im going to quote tomorrow and it will be 8 weekly.  I just wish more would ring now instead of later in the month!!
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

matt

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 04:22:55 pm »

Nothing to do with being hard up Mattis it really, it is a choice. I would have highlighted a point in this post about what customer said to you, but the forum is still playing up and I gave up lol

i wonder how many customers look at window cleaners working in the pouring rain and think " oh poor fellow, he must be hard up to have to work in that rain "
my guess a fairly high % ( i know alot will not be in etc etc )

for me to work in the rain would mean i would be really desperate for money, lcky i have never got to that point, who knows eh  ? ?? ?

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 04:29:49 pm »
as for the working in the rain bit, when you are starting up you really have to try and go out when you can even in drizzle although it aint pleasant, when the rounds built up then you can just put everyone back a day or two if need be but when its a day here, days there it needs to be kept as much as possible to build your reputation up. 
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'