Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Christmas rush
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:11:21 am »
Phone's gone mad again - mostly one-offs I think. Everyone wants a quote over the phone which I try not to do. So far behind now with my regulars they have no chance!
I reckon I'll still be working Christmas Eve 'till dark at this rate.

p1w1

Re: Christmas rush
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:35:48 am »
i never do one offs especially this time of year..
paul

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 07:44:08 am »
paul

Unless you have a completly full round doing some one offs will give you extra money and possibly lead to regular work surely ???

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 07:55:48 am »
paul

I do, but price them accordingly!!!
You can't polish a turd

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:07:56 am »
paul

I do, but price them accordingly!!!

I often get calls from the local army camp for march out window cleaning, and I always price these high, and I always get the jobs (just about).  I tend to use ladders for these since they're often heavily soiled and simple to do; they're tiny terraced houses mostly; and I think they're great.

I never refuse point blank a one off (though I used to), though I wouldn't go out of my way to quote for one either; but I always charge high.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

cozy

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 08:31:42 am »
Tosh, wont do march out windows here. They want the frame mechanism and every nook on the frame cleaned. If it's just the glass we take 50 for in and out 3 bed semi though. Depends which estate manager they have. One offs get done if we are in the area, but not if it means missing one of the regular custies.

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 08:40:44 am »
Phone's gone mad again - mostly one-offs I think. Everyone wants a quote over the phone which I try not to do. So far behind now with my regulars they have no chance!
I reckon I'll still be working Christmas Eve 'till dark at this rate.

I've seen others post stuff like this on here.  Although I am asked for the odd one off, it doesn't seem to increase in the run up to Christmas.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »
I'm always busy in the run up to xmas. I have to book work in advance & prioritise customers in a que!!

Everybody wants their windows done "just" before xmas ::)

A lot of my larger jobs have in's + out's done every year in december. Loads more work to fit in less daylight hours.

Strangest tip I got last year was a frozen pheasant, shot & prep'ed on their own estate! ;)

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:51 pm »
ive had 3 calls today about cleans

i guess they were one-off's

i will give them a really high "first clean" price, then a normal price for regular cleans

macmac

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »

i will give them a really high "first clean" price, then a normal price for regular cleans

What you doing back home at this time Mathew?? ;D

ftp

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:56 pm »
Back home  :o - he hasn't left home yet!

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »
FTP...if you are that much behind what are you on here for...still not dark here you should be workin g mate. ::)

ftp

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:42:09 pm »
Did two commercial jobs in the pouring rain this morning and one domestic. Can't walk at the moment that's why i'm sat here.

Slash

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »
I don't do ONE OFFS,I say I only do 4,6 or 8 weekly,they say 4 weekly please and CAN YOU DO THEM TOMORROW ??? ??? ???.......I DON'T THINK SO......................I got wise to that old chesnut at this time of year,when I started out I was green as grass and turned up to filthy windows only to be told later "I will ring you when I need you"......................I DON'T THINK SO,when they ring now and say they want to be added to the round I tell them I am busy until after Christmas and if they are genuine they will wait and say so,only then will I make the efford to fit them in before Christmas,I got stung before and never again ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 05:28:12 pm »
on the button slash ;)

sorry i can't do till after xmas, if they don't hang the phone up you got a new custy for the new year.

Can't stand the messer's don't want their inlaws coming over for xmas din dins and seeing their dirty windows and that their to mean to pay out for a w/c

bah humbug
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Slash

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 05:50:31 pm »
lol.............................yeah,even my missus has to wait till after Christmas ??? ??? ;D

matt

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 06:46:42 pm »

well i got soaked to the skin, even my pants were wet, so i was home at 12.30 :(

i then spent my time wisely stripping down a pop-top that i had just purchased for my campervan, it was hammering down, but as i was wet, i just cracked on

macmac

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:45 pm »

well i got soaked to the skin, even my pants were wet, so i was home at 12.30 :(

i then spent my time wisely stripping down a pop-top that i had just purchased for my campervan, it was hammering down, but as i was wet, i just cracked on

You should be ashamed not working in the rain!!!!! ;D

johnny_h

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 07:03:19 pm »
never take a customer on in december i always say i will fit them in but it will be jan at the earliest ive been cought out before too
AUDI VIDE TACE

ftp

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 07:04:50 pm »
 :-\ think my Mrs used to wear a pop top or something.