This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil

Google Ad Words.
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:46:13 pm »
Anyone tried it?
I was thinking of giving it a go but the way I see it I could end up with hits from nationwide, all costing me money but of no use.

Nathanael Jones

Re: Google Ad Words.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 04:31:09 pm »
You can target specific geographical keywords,.. but still,.. i've yet to hear of someone who thought it was worth the money for our kind of business.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:39:45 pm »
What Nat means is you can have your advert displayed only in areas you choose if you want. (Mine shoes in a 20 mile radius from me)

I have an adwords campaign going at the mo, not much cop for windows to be honest, but sometimes you go down to the lake and catch a biggun'; theres one thing for sure, you wont catch if you dont turn up.

So for the time being I'll keep on turning up.

stephen s

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 04:44:52 pm »
Matt.

how much does your ad cost ?   say over a monthly period ?

p.s.

didn't haircut 100 go down to the lake ?  I fear they did  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »
Yes I believe they did, 'Down to the lake I fear, ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay yay!'

It depends on what budget I set, I have lowered it today actually, was running quite high, then they wanted some money off me so I adjusted it.

I dont know but reckon most guys in the game will have a minimium budget for domestic leads, then a higher one for commercial and probably a similiar one for gutters etc.

I havent got a domestic campaign running at the mo but when I did it was £1 a click and a budget of £1 a day too.

Neil

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »
Thanks guys, looks as if the general consensus is not good,

I may "dip a toe in" and see what happens,

matt

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:18:55 pm »

I havent got a domestic campaign running at the mo but when I did it was £1 a click and a budget of £1 a day too.

so for every person who clicks on your sites URL you pay google 1 quid ? ?  ?

i guess michael needs a new car