This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: Anyone here able to do a website for me?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 01:10:08 pm »
I would ask Tosh to build one.
Out of interest Dave, do Windowashers pay for advertising?
Only Nat and Ian seem to be offering the same thing here yet Nat got the warning.
My guess is that you are really unhappy about the Guild?
I don't comment much on the Guild because it's something I haven't fully understood yet. Seems to be a club that gives you a logo to baffle your customers with  :-\
There again I don't see the need for the fed either, maybe i'm just too small to understand.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:35 pm »
Dave, I'm guessing the "Happy" painkillers for your shoulder ran out today you cranky old man?

I do know the advertising rates (Extortionate). If you examine my single reply above you will see:

1. It was in response to a question (The thread title!)
2. I directed further enquiries away from CUI by posting a link to my website where I can be contacted directly
3. My recent mentions of the Guild have also been in response to questions, and again I direct potential members to the website instead of making lengthy posts/discussions here.
4. Prices for my websites aren't posted here, so your
"oh come and join the guild and give me an extra £250  and i will build you a website,"  i wish i had a pound for everytime i have heard that.
is a bit out of order mate.
The FWC dont come here and post "come and Join us"  3 times a day do they
Of course not,.. they'd face the same reception as Glyn does! ;)

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:46 pm »
It does strike me as odd that asking for subbies on here isnt considered to be advertising of one form, it is about a business transaction afterall; making money and furthering your business.

I expect to get slated, but who cares.  :-X

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 01:47:40 pm »
Matt

I could of easily done it by using spick and span, or the yellow pages, I just chose to give forum users first dabs at the work

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 01:52:39 pm »
Fair dos mate, but its a fine line isnt it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 01:53:31 pm »
Nat

Out of order ?

Am I the one who constantly uses this place as an hunting ground for new recruits for the guild,  and your websites ?.

Same reception as Glyn does ? What reception is that

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 01:59:59 pm »
Same reception as Glyn does ? What reception is that

You know well! You saw the video!!

I'm beginning to take this personal Dave,.. many others are doing the same as me, have I upset you in some way?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 02:19:54 pm »
Nat

No you have not upset me, maybe others are doing the same, but they are not as vocal as you and slip under the radar.

I dont mind people promoting the odd enterprise, its just when it gets a bit more commercial it gets noticed.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:22:52 pm »
contact Nat on here, he comes highly recommended

Thanks for the mention Steve!

Anyone who's interested can see some of my previous work at www.avondhu-internet.com

Advertising ? yes or no

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 05:16:43 pm »
Read my first post, it is just reminding Nat of the advertising rates.

Everyday there is a plug for the Guild or web services.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 06:27:05 pm »
Express dont own CIU

theres an exclusive for you !

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 08:32:05 pm »
excue me mr morris ;) ;) ;) ;)

do you not advertise your business on here like the rest of us for free.so why should it be one rule for one,and another for the rest.

just a thought. :o :o :o :o

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:06 pm »
Good thought, think deeper

GWCS

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 08:57:10 pm »
Nath should stop posting his own web addy for his extra activities.

Now if someone was to post his addy up when people ask - then it wont be classed as advertising. Because this happens over a 100 times a day.. links to Gardiner's, links to ebay, links to clean it up, links to whatever..

Its just cos Nath is doing it Dave is not happy.

The same could be said for the Guild. Anyone who is Guild admin should not post about it.. but if someone else wanting to stick a link up to help someone out who does ask about it, then again thats not advertising, because it happens all the time..

Just like what happens with gardiners - Alex would always go please email me away from the forum.

Simples really, forum admin cant get peed off then.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 09:01:39 pm »
Nath should stop posting his own web addy for his extra activities.

Now if someone was to post his addy up when people ask - then it wont be classed as advertising. Because this happens over a 100 times a day.. links to Gardiner's, links to ebay, links to clean it up, links to whatever..

Its just cos Nath is doing it Dave is not happy.

The same could be said for the Guild. Anyone who is Guild admin should not post about it.. but if someone else wanting to stick a link up to help someone out who does ask about it, then again thats not advertising, because it happens all the time..

Just like what happens with gardiners - Alex would always go please email me away from the forum.

Simples really, forum admin cant get peed off then.

Well said,.. I'll just sit back and let other ppl do that.
My e-mail is in  my profile if anyone needs me.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:10 pm »
Good thought, think deeper

excue me mr morris ;) ;) ;) ;)

do you not advertise your business on here like the rest of us for free.so why should it be one rule for one,and another for the rest.

just a thought. :o :o :o :o
Advertising ? yes or no  :P :P

mark dew

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 10:59:26 pm »
Hang on lads while i get my tongue brown. But dave needs a bit of slack i reckon. He only moderated.  :P
The trouble is nat is the first of many that could be moderated, but haven't been. There have been many offering services on here since spick n span started and nothing has been openly done.
But that is due to lack of moderators.

Dave, a couple of questions, if i can?  :-*
I'm not a member and respect the realism you bring to comments associated with the guild, but is your cynicism due to your experience with apwc?
And how many members did they gain to the best of your knowledge?
Like i say, i'm not a member but i applaud the effort and think the £20 per year is good value for those that like to be part of a club.
Being able to compare and learn more about what went wrong with apwc could only benefit them.
Oh yeah and don't take this the wrong way dave, but while nat may do with a little rebuke every now and then???, i think he conducts himself within the spirit of this forum very well. And maybe the wrong call was made just this once?   :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:57 pm »
For us the biggest problem was the FWC moved the goal posts.

Before we formed they were getting a bit stuck in the mud and refused to move with the times.

By the time we had got up and running and given the FWC a scare, they changed beyond recognition, and we didnt stand a chance of competing with them.

we took a long hard look and realised it would take a good 10 years to even get close to them, hence why we closed our doors.

If the Guild wants to compete with the FWC, the first thing they need to do is to become a legit trade association, until then  they do they dont stand a chance getting recognised as a worthwhile organisation to FM's  etc.

They need to contact the HSE and attend Wah meetings with them.

They need to find a way of representing the industry by providing guidance etc.

Have a look at what the FWC website and what they offer and start from there.

They need to look for members elsewhere instead of relying 100% on forums mainly, Cleanitup.

When was the last time you read or heard about the guild apart from the forums.

Dont take all this as crititism, i am just stating a few obvious points.

dave.e

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »
god this is better than watching Easterners   ;D ;D ;D ;D