Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve_c

Re: fairly new to forum - should i join the guild?
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2009, 11:12:50 am »
No mate I don't take it as an insult at in fact I find your post constructive but what I would like to point out is that I had equipment before I went on the bwca courses and had already purchased my Ionics Pro 6.  What I did was I went out with a very good friend and now working colleague who had brought an Ionics system and invited me out to see for myself what it was like. It was good enough for me that is why I purchased Ionics. I am happy with what I have got and in time when there is so much new equipment arriving on the market, if it is better than Ionics I will buy it but as to date I have not come across a job I cannot complete to a high standard using this equipment. Regards Stephen

dazmond

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2009, 11:17:57 am »
i dont understand why ionics is SOO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE! ::) ::)its fairly simple especially when DI ONLY.as i will be next year ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:23 pm »
The FWC has a lot more clout than anyone, they are the only ones who are a government recognised trade association, they are the only ones the government will turn to discuss future legislation and reccomendations regarding window cleaners.

The government looks to the FWC to issue best practice, the government doesnt do it, it adopts the measures taken up by the FWC, this happens in every trade, hence why trade associations are a powerful force.

Look at most of the government literature for window cleaners, most of it has been written by the fwc and adopted by the government, or has been produced in conjunction with the fwc.

The BWCA although a fantastic organisation isnt a "Trade Association"

Dave

geefree

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2009, 06:01:22 pm »
The upshot is, if my potential custies Google window cleaning I feel they are more likely to contact me via the Guild or BWCA that a listing on the Fed website. Like everything it's a business decision. To answer the guy who started the thread - yes, join the Guild. Nat and others will offer good advice, they are active on your behalf (even if it IS still in its infancy) and the stickers are good.

Why join any of them?.... google window cleaner?? they are much more likely to find you under " "town .... window cleaner "...anyway.

matt

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2009, 01:07:34 pm »
The upshot is, if my potential custies Google window cleaning I feel they are more likely to contact me via the Guild or BWCA that a listing on the Fed website. Like everything it's a business decision. To answer the guy who started the thread - yes, join the Guild. Nat and others will offer good advice, they are active on your behalf (even if it IS still in its infancy) and the stickers are good.

Why join any of them?.... google window cleaner?? they are much more likely to find you under " "town .... window cleaner "...anyway.

exactly

though i guess a secretary might be impressed with a few logo's on a site

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »
before I started as a window cleaner, i had never heard of the fed or the Guild, and these things only really matter on here ;D
that said, the Fed have never encouraged me to join and don't seem to take much interest on the forums or elsewhere.