Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: insuring modyfied vans
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2009, 06:24:38 am »
on the subject of insuarance...i got an email from this lot.

http://mailer.quartze.co.uk/display.php?M=195722&C=773feea9403c24133dce2fb085596791&S=298&L=10&N=202

anyone heard of an insurance firm giving you a courtesy van complete with an ionics hot system in the event of an accident in your own van?

must be expensive to insure with them. :o

chopsie

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2009, 09:32:50 am »
yeh I have seen other people say about it on here,I contacted them but would not insure me because of extra seats in the back.You have to have an Ionics system in your van to get the replacement courtesy van
chopsie

drwindows

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2009, 10:39:09 am »
I have my insurance with them (alexander swan), they are first class.

If my van gets stolen or is off the road because of an accident, they provide me with a courtesy van with a 600 litre ionic thermopure system installed for as long as i need it.

It was slightly more expensive than elsewhere (about £52 a year more if i remember rightly) but to me, having my van off the road for even one day is gonna cost me more than that.

Not sure about them only insuring if you have an ionic system, didnt know that.

Highly recommended IMO, speak to sarah she knows everything there is to know and is helpful.

chopsie

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2009, 10:43:04 pm »
no they will insure you,Just you have to have an Ionics system in the van they insure to get the courtesy Ionics van if yours is off the road
chopsie

Ste M

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »
£3700 for a fookin 15 yr old nail, thats way overpriced , that is   about £3k over the odds !

Its a vw! Not a ford or vauxhall that shall be rotten and/or ruined after a 100,000.

sorry i have to partly disagree with your statement above, i have just bought a 150k transit and it was a much better vehicle than the 100k sprinter that i originally went to see, also you see more old transits on the road than any other vehicle, they are not the best selling van for the simple reason that they are cheaper. its because they are a bloody good workhorse.

Not having a go im just putting my opinion across. :)

they are a good work horse, though the bodywork does get rusty quickly

the spinter was dogged with rust issues ( rear tail gate bottom ) and sliding doors bottom, though having said that, the VW T4 suffers from rust on the wheel arch

Exactly, I completely understand about them going strong. But to find one with high  miles that isnt rotten is very very hard, Unless there miles have been done recently.

Even then, I have seen 53 plaste trannys rotting, my mates is.

Just saying vw have a name for a reason. And hold thier value for the same reason.

Not meaning to put your van down in any way bud. I love transits, and the fact they keep going, but they do rot alot.

the reason most vans rot is because of neglect, the transit is probably one of the cheapest and is also one of the most popular vans with the non private owners, companies dont look after vans, they just want to make as much money as possible from them. VW's and the like are usually owned by private owners and therefore the owners will look after them more. You wont put my van down mate, i know i got a bargain and i also know that when i go out each morning it will start first time so im happy

krave

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2009, 11:55:32 pm »
£3700 for a fookin 15 yr old nail, thats way overpriced , that is   about £3k over the odds !

Its a vw! Not a ford or vauxhall that shall be rotten and/or ruined after a 100,000.

sorry i have to partly disagree with your statement above, i have just bought a 150k transit and it was a much better vehicle than the 100k sprinter that i originally went to see, also you see more old transits on the road than any other vehicle, they are not the best selling van for the simple reason that they are cheaper. its because they are a bloody good workhorse.

Not having a go im just putting my opinion across. :)

they are a good work horse, though the bodywork does get rusty quickly

the spinter was dogged with rust issues ( rear tail gate bottom ) and sliding doors bottom, though having said that, the VW T4 suffers from rust on the wheel arch

Exactly, I completely understand about them going strong. But to find one with high  miles that isnt rotten is very very hard, Unless there miles have been done recently.

Even then, I have seen 53 plaste trannys rotting, my mates is.

Just saying vw have a name for a reason. And hold thier value for the same reason.

Not meaning to put your van down in any way bud. I love transits, and the fact they keep going, but they do rot alot.

the reason most vans rot is because of neglect, the transit is probably one of the cheapest and is also one of the most popular vans with the non private owners, companies dont look after vans, they just want to make as much money as possible from them. VW's and the like are usually owned by private owners and therefore the owners will look after them more. You wont put my van down mate, i know i got a bargain and i also know that when i go out each morning it will start first time so im happy

Thats fair enough mate, was never trying to put your van down in the slightest.
Just from my experience, and ones I have owned. Ford and vauxhalls rot easy, not oly the vans. But then you have a valid point about private ownership.

Maybe the ora around tranny etc being workhorse's mea they see more neglect and Vw's as collectors or the status thing meas they are cared for more.

chopsie

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2009, 12:15:20 am »
I have just bought a 55 plate tranny,they are good/brilliant vehicles,I have driven them for years,But VW are better by far,the build quality is far superior,and so is the ride quality IMO, unfortunatly I just could not justify the amount of money VW's are going for for their age/milage,one day maybe when I am on £45 an hour being a window cleaner  8)
chopsie

matt

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2009, 02:01:57 pm »
chopsie is right

you cannot compare a ford transit to a VW T4 / 5

the build qaulity is different ( though i believe some of the T5's are suffering in that dept )

luther1

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56:10 pm »
I have a VW transporter,a Renault Trafic and a Citroen Berlingo. The Trafic has been a nightmare. The other two are great vans (aren't they all when they don't break down or fail an mot?).
Aren't VW's galvanised?

chopsie

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »
my old place moved over from transits to vivaro's,they have had nothing but trouble,they just can't take the stick a tranny can,but the man in charge sees they are cheaper,so buys them.
chopsie

Spruce

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2009, 08:58:20 pm »
Hi

This topic got me wondering as I always believed that insurance companies would be interested in vehicles that were modified like fitting alloys, lowering suspension, engine performance tuning etc.

As my insurance is due I 'played' with the quote for my Hdi Citroen Relay with Evan Insurance and was quite suprised what they add on. These are what relevant are to me.
Standard insurance £295.00 per annum
With Roofrack + £8.30
With fitted Watertank + £76.16
With towbar + £15.70
Tinted Windows on rear doors + £8.30
Sign writing - + £0.00

I then decided to add a towbar to my Suzuki Carry 1.3
standard + £2.60.

Out of interest, I didn't find an added accessory that would reduce my basic cost of insurance.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

matt

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2009, 10:46:05 pm »

Out of interest, I didn't find an added accessory that would reduce my basic cost of insurance.

Spruce

tracker or alarm

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2009, 08:41:48 am »
Hi

This topic got me wondering as I always believed that insurance companies would be interested in vehicles that were modified like fitting alloys, lowering suspension, engine performance tuning etc.

As my insurance is due I 'played' with the quote for my Hdi Citroen Relay with Evan Insurance and was quite suprised what they add on. These are what relevant are to me.
Standard insurance £295.00 per annum
With Roofrack + £8.30
With fitted Watertank + £76.16
With towbar + £15.70
Tinted Windows on rear doors + £8.30
Sign writing - + £0.00

I then decided to add a towbar to my Suzuki Carry 1.3
standard + £2.60.

Spruce

eVan are pretty much ripoffs. Go directline, they do not charge extra for any of that.