This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pureandclean

Re: under valuing our business!!
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
There is a big difference in selling a "turn-key business" and a window cleaning round.
Those that have organised their business with automated systems for advertising, book-keeping, collecting, training of staff and then are willing to have a hand over period where they train the new owners in all the sytems and introduce them to all of the customers are sitting on a very valuable assett.
But they would need to be just as proffessional at marketing their business to maximise that value.

ian1972

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »
the differance is in a shop even if is rented premisses is it there people can see what they are buying it physically is there you can see it,something tangable unlike window cleaning,like i said i aint puttin any1 down i am a windy cleaner but no way would i b paying stuipd prices for a round who would?and selling a round in winter would b more difficult so hence price would drop

wizard

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2009, 06:43:16 pm »
I saw one fellow buy a round for 16 grand. That is a lot of money but for that I would want a barring clause to stop him trading is that area for 36 months at least and I fell all sale of rounds should have an exclusion clause of some sort on a sale of this nature.

ronnie paton

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »
so what are my four years of accounts my vans my uniformed staff my website to name a fe doing then??

macmac

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2009, 09:42:03 pm »
so what are my four years of accounts my vans my uniformed staff my website to name a fe doing then??

What if one or both your staff leave, what's the new owner going to do, with no knowlage of a window cleaning business?
How can they train any new staff when they can't even clean windows?
What about staff holidays, will the new owner be prepared to go out on the tools in freezing cold weather?

The business of w/c'ing has a very limited & specific buyer IMO.

ronnie paton

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »
so you could buy a garage nd your staff could leave but some how i dont think its has easier to train up to be a mechanic.

some of the rubbish that comes out on here makes me laugh its like people want to undervalue there business and try to make up reason ans ill proberly have a answer for all of them.

ill tell you why window cleaning business are under valued........because of us the window cleaners so very silly of us.

macmac

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2009, 09:56:29 pm »
so you could buy a garage nd your staff could leave but some how i dont think its has easier to train up to be a mechanic.

some of the rubbish that comes out on here makes me laugh its like people want to undervalue there business and try to make up reason ans ill proberly have a answer for all of them.

ill tell you why window cleaning business are under valued........because of us the window cleaners so very silly of us.

No Ronnie, we're laughing at you! ;D We know what they're worth, it's you that can't swallow it mate! ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »
really keep laughing ;)

I know a few on here have sold ther business for far more than 3 or 4 x and i know a company has valued my business at far more than that ;)

tell you what ill give you 3 x and ill then sell itfor far more(if its worth buying) ;D

M Henderson

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2009, 10:26:57 pm »
"It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it."

I agree with this statement but only in the sense of it's market value.

What a round is actually worth is probably very different.

macmac

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2009, 10:41:54 pm »
really keep laughing ;)

I know a few on here have sold ther business for far more than 3 or 4 x and i know a company has valued my business at far more than that ;)

tell you what ill give you 3 x and ill then sell itfor far more(if its worth buying) ;D

The fact is Ronnie, it ain't worth a penny untill you sell it. Only then will you discover it's worth. You may get 10x or 20x, you may not even get a buyer, you may be stuck with something you can't even sell!

Seers

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2009, 10:54:21 pm »
Hi Ronnie,

Off topic, but just noticed you've got a "p" missing from the guttercleaningstockport link in your signature....

Anything to stop me having to do invoices...

Cheers,

Huw

ian1972

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 04:32:11 pm »
that is the point i am trying to make you sell the whole thing uniform van equipment name numbers books everything that is a business,selling a round is not is it?700 pounds worth of work 7k come on 1500 of work 15k yeah right now if it was being sold as a whole business yeah ask wat u want,but at end of the day if u sell it or not is another thing,