This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Chewing gum removal with cold water?
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:52:35 pm »
I've been asked to quote for chewing gum removal at a supermarket where I clean the windows. Its not something I normally do,.. but this company pay well and pay on time, and mentioned the possibility of many more stores,... so I said I'd look into it and ask the experts if its possible with my gear. The supermarkets have brick paving around the majority of their stores.

I've got a 13HP Honda GX390 15lpm 4000psi cold water machine,.. I don't want to have to invest €2000 on a burner on the "possibility" of more stores?

Is there any chem pre-spray that can be used to soften the gum so that my machine will remove it? Am I nuts to even consider this with no experience.

Rob_Mac

Re: Chewing gum removal with cold water?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »
Nathan

I do gum clearing and have the proper chewing gum removal machines and biodegradable chemicals. Being offered more work after the initial clean sounds like they are looking for it to be done properly and I do not believe that you can offer a satisfactory service with a cold machine.

Chewing gum removal machines operate at 180 degrees Celsius and there is no residue left over. If you aren't kitted up for this sub it to me and take a cut - easy!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:29 pm »
Actually just looked where you are - that would have to be some amount of chewing gum to make it worthwhile!!!

Rob ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:08:59 pm »
LOL,.. is only a short swim!!!

They actually had a guy in pressure washing last week, and it wasn't until his work cleaned the top of all the gum and made it stand out that they realised how bad it was.

I'll see if there's anyone local I can sub it too,... :)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 09:15:06 pm »
The lance set up on a chewing gum removal machiine has a brass brush on it that agitates the chemical into each pat and then the dry steam basically vaporises the gum and leaves no residue.

I have tried to clean chewing gum with a cold set up on many times and you will always get a dissatisfactory end product - that will not be good enough for anyone concerned.

I would be happy to come over to do the work, if you cannot get anyone local but ferry pricing etc will have to be factored into the cost.

Call me if you get stuck - good luck

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:11:27 am »
Hire a machine - a pallet each way would only be about £60

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »
you could hire a small karcher hotwash from an hire centre and run this from a generator, you wouldnt need a large generator as the burner on the washer runs on diesel so the generator would just be running the pump, after you have removed the gum you could clean the rest with your more powerful cold machine.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Andy Foster

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
Another reply from the krud kutter kid... what kind of commission are you on????

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 01:40:13 pm »
were do you buy this kud krutter it sounds great.

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:02 pm »
so how do you use it to remove chewy? do you spray it on then wash off with cold water?

i have only got a cold water machine so cant advertise chewy removal. can i remove it with this?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 06:03:03 pm »
Matt 6 out of 7 of your posts  are about Krudcrap

do you think we are stupid? keep up the blatent advertising and I'll just delete all your posts
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Roger Oakley

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 07:44:05 pm »
It's an american product but there is a UK outlet, do a google search and you'll find it, how good is it? don't know not tried it.
But for chewing gum removal then heat is the way forward, no real need for anything else IMO.

drive surgeon

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 09:07:29 pm »
whats it called again? krud ___?

drive surgeon

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:22 pm »
wow read this  :)

Supreme Chemicals of Georgia, Inc.

Release date: May 1, 2005

Original Krud Kutter Concentrated Cleaner/Degreaser/Stain Remover is named Readers' Digest "Best Cleaning Product". No other single product removes really tough soils as quickly and effectively from so many different surfaces. Manufactured by Supreme Chemicals of Georgia, Inc., Original Krud Kutter is a concentrated commercial strength formula that safely & easily removes dried latex paint, paint overspray, wallpaper adhesive, tape residue, food & drink stains, glue & adhesives, acid rain, bird droppings, smoke damage, tree sap, grease & oil, marker & crayon, pet stains, brake dust, fireplace soot, oxidation, lipstick, scuff marks, blood stains, sun tan oil, tar & wax, chewing gum, soap scum, mildew stains, shoe polish, and much more... Krud Kutter Original leaves no residue, is color fast and fabric safe. It is also recommended for pressure washers & carpet cleaning machines. This biodegradable, non-toxic, non-flammable, and non-abrasive formula was developed for difficult cleaning jobs found in industrial and commercial environments.

Original Krud Kutter Cleaner/Degreaser is available in 32oz. trigger spray bottles (part no. KK32/12), 1-gallon bottles (part no. KK01/6), 5-gallon pails (part no. KK05), and 55-gallon drums (part no. KK55). MSDS-Material Safety Data Sheets and Technical Data Sheets are available at any time upon request.

For more information about Krud Kutter Original Concentrated Cleaner/Degreaser/Stain Remover or other products in the Krud Kutter line, contact Supreme Chemicals of Georgia, Inc., 1535 Oak Industrial Lane, Suite B, Cumming, GA 30041. Phone (800) 466-7126. Web site: www.krudkutter.com.

Company Information: Supreme Chemicals of Georgia, Inc. 1535 Oak Industrial Lane, Suite B Cumming, GA 30041 USA Phone: 770-888-8827 Fax: 770-888-8835 http://www.krudkutter.com

Contact Information: Product Sales E-mail: sales@krudkutter.com

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:03 pm »
its probably a D-limonene based solvent derived from citrus fruit.

the problem with companies who sell stuff like this is they are never happy with it being good at just one thing it has to be the Nirvana of all cleaning chemicals, a chemical so wondrous it will end all cleaning problems ::) ::)

plus if it was any good their distributors wouldn't need to secretly join forums like this to help sell it.

but I'm always open to new chemicals if anyone wants to send me 50 lts for free  I certainly give it a good test :D :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 11:16:47 pm »
There you go DS maybe that will get your yellow stains off that patio  ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 12:22:54 pm »
ley me know if you get any free mike  :)