This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Duff HF-4? Bought in August.
« on: November 25, 2009, 05:37:52 pm »
Can't believe this, I've emailed June at Gapswater immediately, here's the email (saves me typing twice)

Hi June,

I bought 18 August an HF-4 membrane, and fitted it in September.

I've set it up so it produces 64-35 Waste to pure ratio. My TDS in is 330ppm. 45PSI after prefilters.

Now, I never could get it under 13ppm from the beginning, I kept an eye on it for about a month, and it would never go down further then that. After every daily 250-300l fill I always flushed it for 20min. Fresh prefilters as well.

I haven't checked the TDS for about a month, I just checked the tds after the membrane, and it's a shocking 67ppm!!

I've checked with a number of people, and apparently there have been a few duff HF-4's on the market. I'm just wondering if I have got one. My resin is completely spent now too, so it has been happening for a little while.

Please help June!

Thank you in advance,

chris@c.m.s

Re: Duff HF-4? Bought in August.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 06:11:35 pm »
Tim are you running the RO for 5 minutes before you connect to your DI, If you can do that you'll be surprised at the before and after tds, also it took a bit of messing about with my waste to product ratio to get mine down 8 tds without pump and 4 tds with, If the waste ratio on mine is is set too low then the tds is up to about 15 with the pump running, mine isn't a gaps one though its RO-MAN..       
Sussex by the sea

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 06:22:55 pm »
It goes RO-Tank-Pump-DI, so don't need to disconnect RO, it's measured via an HM Digital Industrial TDS meter.

I've left it running for about 50min. Never came down. Very very strange.

Pure/waste ratio is actually within recommended specifications.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:18:30 pm »
June got back to me really quickly, she said as a first thing to change the prefilters. I did, and it's running fine again. Hopefully it didn't damage the membrane too much.

I didn't think it would have been the prefilters, because I only changed them in mid October. Oh well, seems like I need to change them a bit more often then. :)

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »
Maybe the prefilters where duff!
Dave.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:15:44 am »
Maybe the prefilters where duff!

That could be, I used Granulated carbon filter instead of carbon block cuz they were out of stock.