This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CBCS

Timewasters
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:16 am »
Can someone shed light on this please? I always thought windows would be dirtier in the Autumn/Winter months?

A customer sent this note along with payment..

"Thanks for cleanig windows please can you leave it now until further notice. I only need them doing really in summer.

Regards

Carl"

Londoner

Re: Timewasters
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:18:49 am »
It means they don't care how dirty they get in the winter because the days are shorter etc. Depends on how you feel about it really, I have a few customers who cancel for several months in the winter by arrangement. If they let me know in advance thats what they want to do then fine.

bumper

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 07:29:33 am »
What happens if they all said that,you will become a cowboy and on the dole and doing windows for beer money.ha

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 07:37:15 am »
i count a letter like  that as at least 2 strikeS,   or praps its an IMMEDIATE  3 striker .    the "3 strikes and your out " rule is  so important   and i  NEVER  go back on it, no matter how many times they bleat to get back on my list

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 08:05:01 am »
Can someone shed light on this please? I always thought windows would be dirtier in the Autumn/Winter months?

A customer sent this note along with payment..

"Thanks for cleanig windows please can you leave it now until further notice. I only need them doing really in summer.

Regards

Carl"

It depends on your workload really.  I would almost certainly drop such a job but when I had little work, I would have probably put them on the "dump when no longer needed" list.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:09:08 am »
Some people don't want the windows done in the winter as it's dark when they goto work - dark when they return

I have noticed less of this with WFP as i do all the frames and doors - so they seem to understand that regular cleaning is important.

anyone stopping over winter just gets a 1st/one off clean price come the spring time and 20% price rise even if they go back to 4 weekly

if they take up the price all well and good if not  -   no loss

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:54 am »
I state that "I clean ALL year round, and if they want a reliable service they have to be reliable too"
I tell my customers this from day 1.
I also tell my customers that if they cancel during the winter months, the chances of me returning in the spring would be very slim.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 12:57:38 pm »
if i got a note like that i'd wait til they contact you again to start cleaning there windows and add a couple of quid on to the price, tell them the prices have gone up since u last did theres,

the 1 and only

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 01:11:05 pm »
i have had about 4 customers say this to me.i took it on the chin.i dont care though im hopefully getting more work soon canvassed up for me so all will be good in the end