Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Re: Just been bumped cont
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 12:49:10 pm »
Sammi iam fed up with your exuses i was promised it last week then you sent me a email the day after i was supposed to get my cash with another exuse then i was promised both payments on Friday you the send me another email on saturday afternoon saying i will have to wait to after the new year now i dont trust a word that comes out your mouth.You new fine well you werent going to pay me this week you could of at least picked up the phone and told me.You,ve had nearly 7 weeks to get this sorted.

Darren O

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 01:01:06 pm »
I dont like doing this on a public forum but people on here should no what they are like and stay well clear of them.

richie

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 01:20:56 pm »
Darren,  it is now obvious that these people are taking the p.  It would seem to me that they are waiting for you to get bored and just right the debt off.  Whatever you do...DONT RIGHT IT OFF.  Issue a county court judgement against them and get them blacklisted.  Ok they may be the type of people that dont care but id still do it.  Or, take a drive to their home wait for him to turn up in his van and start removing stuff to the same value from his van.  It may be a good idea to take someone with you just in case he gets violent.  DO NOT get violent with him though.  These people are obviously scammers.  His wife came on here saying that they are not and tried to convince us all that they are decent people.  If they were decent they would have by now paid you for the wand even if it meant borrowing from family or friends.  For gods sake....its a small amount they owe you so why cant they just borrow it instead of creating all this hassle.  As i have already said though...DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS DEBT.

Richie.

Darren O

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 01:33:53 pm »
Richie its pathetic its not even about the money now iam not gonna get bumped of these idiots.

clinton

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 02:38:29 pm »
Darren

Got to agree with richie now as at first i thought just to write it off..

It was a good deed you did with letting them pay later and they didnt even have the decency to pay up..

But with all the other avenues you can take i woul do a county court action and i know its a long process but they will have at least bad credit ratings after it..

Start it monday darren.. :)

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2009, 02:56:09 pm »
It's obvious reading the older posts that you have been strung along.

At the time his wife was on here you almost felt sorry for her and it was all very plausible. Hubby off to do a big job away from home and then you get your money. Yeah right! Well words are cheap where is it? Obviously you are not top of the list for being paid.

No doubt there is a new hard luck story being brewed up.

Two options

Like above  apply for CCJ

OR (and seriously consider this)

Let it go.  Why? Because apart from the cost of the wand you have the toll upon you and your family. A bitter pill, and most won't but you have learned a lesson and could move on. They will always be Losers, you will always have the upper hand because you can build your business and move forward.

Mike

Dave_Lee

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 03:05:13 pm »
Gaining a couty court judgement doesnt always get you your money thats due. a number of years ago I was called in by an insurance loss adjuster to save some pipe burst water damaged carpets.
I succesfully restored them and the client was so imprssed, in the following few weeks I did a couple of refferal jobs from him.
However it was his duty to pay me from the proceeds of his insurance company cheque (Thats how things were done over 25 years ago). He wouldnt pay so I got a judgement. He still wouldnt pay so I sent the bailiffs in at my expense. He ignored them so I sent the supervising bailiff in, again at my expense. He was refused peaceful entry and was not authorised to force an entry, so that route came to a dead end.
The client made a final offer of £50, which I accepted as I was about to give up hope of getting anything. After the court and baliffs expenses were taken into account, I was left with about £5 and thats not to mention the 2 days off work for court appearance etc.
Just to clarify about county court judgements. Once a judgement has been entered against someone it stays on record for 6 years no matter what. The judgement originator cannot change that. All they can do and should do, once the amount has been paid in full, is to notify the court that the debt has been satified. The debt will then be marked on the court record as 'Satisfied'. It still remains on the records for the remainder of 6 years.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »
Dave,

You do not pay bailiffs a penny, they charge a recovery cost to the defendant. No win no fee. This may not of been the case when you used them.

They are determined little swine’s who will stop at nothing to get what is owed to you and them. And this should cost you nothing.

The charge invoice is...

Total x
Court costs x
Solicitor costs x
Bailiffs costs x
Grand Total x

All to be paid by the defendant.

Regards
Peter

richie

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 06:12:28 pm »
Mike,
I really dont think that ...LET IT GO is now a option as this is now a matter of principle. 

Darren, the best thing you can do in my eyes is get judgment against them starting from 1st thing in the morning.  NO WAY are these people decent. I didnt post anything regarding this problem till the other day because it all seemed abit over the top. However, NOW itis obvious to me that they had little if any intention of paying you.  The longer you leave it the less likely you are to get anything done. As stated it is not about the money any longer. The main reason i  would now go down the CCJ / Bailiff route now is because bailiffs will not stop till they get the money owed and it will cost them even more which in my view is what they deserve after ripping you off.  Its a shame really that this didnt happen earlier in the year so the bailiffs would end up going in close to christmas and taking goods to pay for everything owed.  Yes they may sound abit heartless but in my opinion that is what the deserve.

Richie.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »

richie

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »
The people selling the 360...is that who has ripped Darren off?

Darren O

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:52 pm »
I think its the same Sammi just spelled her name different.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 07:09:36 pm »
Darren o don't give up on this people like them should not be allowed to run a business, see how they don't have the balls to come on here now

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »
has she/he left the forum? was she replying to this thread? sounds like Darren was talking to her on here but there's no posts of her's.

Darren O

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 07:15:01 pm »
Tony its on the buy and sell section i think she locked it.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:34 pm »
oh, says she's a guest. Maybe she has deleted her profile on here. Dirty buggers.

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »
The enforcment of a Court Judgement by the Bailiffs office requires a Warrant of Execution. This costs £100.00

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 08:09:03 pm »
Sorry, forgot to add that the £100.00 is added to the total claim and is refunded if action is successful.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »
Scottish law is different to english, your better off with a small claims in scotland......its not nice this carry on but they cant get away with it new start or not!!!!! if they are starting a new company why are they bothering get a job....... and stop dragging the Industry down..

I thought is was sick some of the comments before on this but she came on shoutted her gob off.....where is the hubby...........????? Hes no man thats what i say...
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.