Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: Just been bumped cont
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 07:23:27 pm »
Darren
if you get a court judgement it means they have a judgement against them on their record, even if they pay.
This makes it awkward to get credit in the future.
I took a non paying client thro the system, we went to court (just a judge and the 2 parties), the judge tore a right strip off her,must have been embarrasing for her.  She paid inc costs, but a few weeks later she had to write to me asking for a letter to confirm she was free of the judgement. Needless to say I took my time giving an answer.
Its an option for you.

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »
Adrian,

It's the principal, not the cost. I would pay £35 to take someone to court for £20, I would move mountains to get what they owe me.

I disagree in what you say, court action is highly affective for the outlay and even if it fails, it leaves a CCJ on the defendant’s credit history, that affects everything that requires credit, car insurance, home insurance, mortgage re-payments, everything.
If you’re in financial trouble before you get a CCJ, your going to be in a spiralling catastrophe when you get one, when everything you pay in instalments goes up 100% due to your risk factor.

Joe,

Did she ask you write and sign a letter to get her CCJ removed?. You should have said NO and left her to deal with it.

I had a begging call from someone who refused to pay me and ended up in court. About six months later the call came from them begging in tears for me to request the removal of there CCJ. They had been refused a mortgage because of it. I just told them to live with it.

Regards
Peter

jasonl

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 08:29:30 pm »
I got ripped for 60 grand this year by a lottery winner, my solicitor is going through the process , so I will now show no mercy ,even for a tenner.  It is the principle , these rip off merchants ruin it for everyone else , and may do it to someone who can not afford it at a later date.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 08:32:52 pm »
Joe.
Did she ask you write and sign a letter to get her CCJ removed?. You should have said NO and left her to deal with it.

Thats right Pete. She was stuck. I released her too quick.
Going back to the "court", the judge was on the verge of doing her and her husband for purgery. It got serious.

I wouldnt recommend anyone to be on the receiving end of a court judgement.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 08:48:30 pm »
This whole situation beggars belief - the original debt was only £240, now it's only £120 - if you can't afford to pay £120 then you can't afford to even be in business for yourself.

jasonl

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 08:52:51 pm »
This whole situation beggars belief - the original debt was only £240, now it's only £120 - if you can't afford to pay £120 then you can't afford to even be in business for yourself.

The point is , people like this will do it to someone  else if they keep getting away with it, and the someone else may not be able to afford it.
I could afford to lose the 60k , it hurt yes , but not the end of the world , I will not write it off though.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 09:02:54 pm »
Jason, what were you knocked for £60k for ? Surely it wasn't anything cleaning related was it ?

Steve

jasonl

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 09:04:44 pm »
I sold a business, they defaulted on the payments for it , it was harder work to operate than they thought .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

jamieexpress

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 09:07:32 pm »
Jason are you with chem dry?

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 09:13:13 pm »
Jason, have you still got the Range Rover Sport ?

Steve

jasonl

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 09:13:40 pm »
Not been with CD since 2002
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

jamieexpress

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:17 pm »
ah ok how did you find them?

jasonl

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »
Jason, have you still got the Range Rover Sport ?

Steve

No  I have rented it to someone  until things improve
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:20 pm »
ah ok how did you find them?

I can not grumble overall , I started at age 22 with them ,they taught me lots , very high charges though for all supplies and equipment, I have been far better off financially  since going it alone, I regularly talk to franchissees , and quite a lot are tied via debt and low equity , and will be for many years , there are a few elite who are making a VERY good living , most are slaves though.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Darren O

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 09:19:55 pm »
The silence is deafening from his wife you couldnt shut her up a few weeks ago.

jamieexpress

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 09:21:50 pm »
The local Chem dry down the road from is quiet. His van never moves. It is a shame for people who have put so much money into it.

richie

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »
I think that you should take legal action Darren.  They are bouncing cheques on you & not even calling you to say...look were abit short this week can we pay next week.....  I find it disgusting that they have not even called to say there is a problem.What they have done is actually THEFT.

Richie.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 05:21:21 am »
Peter,

Yes, I agree with all that you say, but, at what point do you give yourself more hassle and stress than the amount (owed) is worth. I know the principle is correct and in a perfect world we would all get our money. Some of these people are well known to the courts and bailiffs. Following the award of a Judgement by Default, I enquired after one of my defaulter's with the bailiff service, as soon as I mentioned the guys name they laughed. Is it really in my best interest to spend another £100 to chase a debt and blacken the name of someone who doesn't care anyway? I suggest not.

Jason.

I would be suicidal if I was owed £60k. Are you on medication? Interesting comments about CD, my local chap is very quite also. I wonder if it's the new "wonder bubbles" that are not going down very well. I have been called out to a couple of jobs that had both been done about three weeks previously and were dirty again. (That's just an observation by the way and not a general criticism about any CD operator)

jasonl

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 11:05:05 am »
In response to Carbo clean below..

Well it can not possibly be carbonating , as heat drives off co2 , you would need one of Chem Drys patented machines in order to pipe 2 elements  of the solution separately , forcing them to mix immediately prior to hitting the surface being cleaned, unless you are offering the carbonatED system, which is past tense, and Chem dry got rid of in 1997, which means it is nothing like the  Chem dry system and you are offering a lookalike system to customers under false pretenses.
Of course there is a small chance that you tell customers that you use a system similar to what chem dry last used in 1997, with your payment record over £240 quid I doubt that your integrity spreads that far.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings