Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Just been bumped cont
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:35:24 pm »
I thought its only fair of me to say that Sammi and her husband have kept to there agreement and i received the fist payment today.

derek west

Re: Just been bumped cont
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »
a lesson learned for us all i guess.

maybe we should think about posting certain things on here "after" we know all the facts to avoid upsetting anyone unintentionally.

well done both of you for sorting it all out through all this heated comotion.

derek

clinton

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:06:25 pm »
Good news daren for all concerned  :)

garyfindlay

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:22:36 pm »

I thought its only fair of me to say that Sammi and her husband have kept to there agreement and i received the fist payment today.

"received FIST payment".  Is that similar to a Glasgow kiss? ;D

sammii_25

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »
glad u got it ok.cheers,

willie

Robert Watson

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »
Peace, Love and Understanding Man  8)
The Kitchen Door Centre

derek west

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »
"NO"

"Ive just got something in my eye thats all".

derek

markpowell

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:01 pm »
Glad you got it sorted in the end :)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 10:42:57 pm »
Post from 28th October:

"Might be worth while getting an interim payment now, another in a weeks time and the balance when he says he can pay for it. obviously this course of action is tedious and would only really work if we are talking about a reasonably large amount.

With postal problems which your buyer could probably manipulate to their advantage you may want to consider getting him to pay you electronically into your account. that way nobody can hide behind banks not making the payment or worse, the proverbial "cheque's in the post, mate"."

Glad to see my observation became a reality.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 02:55:25 pm »
Thats over 6 weeks ago they paid me with a rubber cheque now its a complete joke after reluctantly letting them pay me in instalments they havent even kept to that its one crappy excuse after another they even have the cheek to go on the Buy And Sell section looking for carpet cleaning gear dirty fookers.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 03:03:01 pm »
How many instalments have been missed ?
Are you adding on interest?
Have you sought legal advice?
Can the item not be returned?
Is everything down in writing?

just a few thing to think about.

Andrew

Stu.Clem

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 04:28:27 pm »
Money is the root of all evil - even more so xmas time - sounds like you not getting paid so just write it off as bad debt  - and free yourself from the gnawing tress and anger - desperate  folk like that aren't worth  losing any sleep over. 

Its supposed to be a happy family time so crack on and enjoy it mate

Best wishes

Stu

ps I will put a tenner into a "lost wand fund" if anyone else wants to contribute...

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »
Stu ive had a good week i will survive without it but it still pi$$es you off.

jamieexpress

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 04:55:41 pm »
I would not let it drop as a matter of principal.
If you buy something you pay for it. If you do not have the money for it you do without!
I would give him one final chance to return the wand or go collect it no messing!!!

clinton

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »
Got to agree with stu..

Try and just right it off darren as it will get to you..

Glad you have had a good week mate and am sure you will do well in the new year.

Saw the post on the buy and sell pathetic really, leaking tank ;D

Same here a tenner for you darren for the wand fund..

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 05:06:07 pm »
When i say i will survive without it i mean  will have to wait a bit longer but one way or another i will get it.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 06:31:48 pm »
Darren,

I have been reading this with interest. Don’t let this go unresolved and don’t let them get the better of you.
I hope you don’t mind me saying this Darren, but you have gone about this situation all wrong from the start, no offence to you.

1/ Firstly you need to go onto this site https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

2/ Click on the link "I am a claimant" then click "I am a new customer"

3/ Fill out all your personal details (Name address ect). You will then be given a Customer Id and Password. You are now registered to use the service.

4/ Log in with your new details.

5/ Click "Start a new claim"

6/ You then enter a claim description, i.e. (Money owed for wand). Then click "Continue"

7/ You are then asked for your details once again, you are the claimant. Select that you are a organisation and fill out you business name address ect.

8/ You will then need to fill out the defendants details, these are the wand thief’s details including postcode, add both Mr and Mrs as defendants. You enter how much is owed to you.

9/ You then need to make a payment to the court using a debit or credit card of around £35 (don’t worry this is added to your total claim on the N1 claim form, so should get it back).

10/ Then you fill out a N1 claim form, which includes your details (Claimant) and the wand thief’s details (Defendants). Add both as defendants (You will need to fill his and her names out and address twice). You need to be quite brief on the details of the claim but do include dates of phone calls letters ect.
On the bottom right part of the N1 is this the cost details. Put in "Amount Claimed" how much they owe you. In the "Court Fee" section add the £35.00 or ever amount it has cost you to claim. Leave solicitor costs as nothing. add both amounts together for total.

11/ Get you partner or someone else to check out what you have filled in on the N1, make sure all the dates times are correct in the "Particulars Of Claim Section"

12/ On the part that says "Does, or will, your claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act 1998"? Select NO for this.

13/ Type you name and date to sign the document.

14/ All the details are then sent electronically to be verified. This will take around a day. Then you claim is sent to the batching processing office.

15/ The next working day you claim is sent 1st class to the defendants address but is deemed as served 5 days after the day they will have received the letter.
They then have the options to ......

Pay your total claim.
File acknowledgement of service. This allows them 28 days from served date to file a defence or contest the courts jurisdiction.
Dispute the whole claim. The court will send you a copy of the defence.
Admit that all money is owed. The defendant will send you a completed admission form and you may ask the court to enter judgment.
Admit that only part of your claim is owed.The court will send you a copy of the reply form and you will have to decide what to do next.
Not reply at all. You may ask the court to enter the judgment.

This is the professional way of dealing with the situation and will give you a satisfactory result.
Good luck with it

Regard
Pete

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 06:54:32 pm »
Thats terrible! she had the cheek to come on here too and ask questions! cheeky buggers!

Darren O

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 06:59:53 pm »
Peter i didnt even no that existed cheers will look into it tomorow.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 07:08:57 pm »
Peter,

Re: County Court Action

I agree your suggestion is the professional way to go, however, I have been down that route with a couple of my non-payer's. Total waste of time/good money after bad. It is unfortunate that there are people out there who take advantage of other's good nature. Darren O, as suggested by other's before me, go get YOUR goods back. Untill paid for the item still belongs to you. IMO

Adrian