Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

Worth a mention on this section of CIU
« on: November 21, 2009, 12:36:20 am »
Received this today via email and thought there could be some truth in this so pass it on.

--- IMPORTANT

Warning..!!!!
Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public car park. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the
car. Then we received this email yesterday.

WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--
NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away.
Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.
A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.
Please tell all your friends
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Worth a mention on this section of CIU
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:06:43 am »
wot next
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:08:11 am »
normally it is a parking ticket, so I dont get out till I get home as can have free parking allday.

It shocks me that these scumbags sink this low. I also bet they can't --------------either (edited by me as not to offend)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:50:46 pm »
normally it is a parking ticket, so I dont get out till I get home as can have free parking allday.

good idea although the first park wasnt free  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 05:57:53 pm »

good idea although the first park wasnt free  ;D
true, but if in some parts of london would be half price  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:57 pm »
this is older than the internet itself, i remember this being one of the 1st emails i ever received back in 1954.

yet another spam email doing the rounds yet again, filling up your inbox!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 07:08:12 pm »
This urban myth started earlier than that, during the war in fact.Jerry would scrawl some gibberish on a note on your tank or armoured vehicle, and then when you got out and lit a match to see what it said he would shoot you.

Email wasn't around of course but this was semiphored and morse coded all around the allied lines.

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 07:19:55 pm »
think the romans started it when Jesus was a boy  ;D

Pittmonkey

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:22:20 pm »
Romans? what have the Romans ever done for us!!

Well I've been using PC's since the world of DOS and never came across this B4. Urban myths do exist and I normally go on snoops to check things out (Hoax Virus's etc)

This seems very typical of the way things are these days. The Wheelie Bin trick is a popular stunt they pull. If it is an urban myth then if circulated to the scum who do these tricks then it will certainly put idea's in their heads if it wasn't already there.  :-\
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:25 pm »
Never heard of wheelie bin stunt what is it?

As a little boy we holidayed in cornwal where they have steep hills.There used to be run off roads because car brakes didn't work in the sixties.We lived in coventry (a long way no motorways).

These steep narrow winding roads scared me as a kid because my dad's vanguard brakes did fail a couple of times and me and my sister thought we would crash.Thank goodness for those run off roads.

Back in coventry a neighbour told us an even worse story. He was on this road when someone hitching a lift appeared in the narror road in front of him.The hitcher looked threatening and was a biker with a leather jacket.He did't stop and probably couldn't have anyway, but as he went past the biker produced a bike chain and lashed at the neighbours car.

Two days later in coventry when the neigbour was cleaning his car he found a few inches of the chain wrapped and caught onto his rear chrome bumper, along with the remains of someones finger.....

martinsadie

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:58 am »
Never heard of wheelie bin stunt what is it?

There used to be run off roads because car brakes didn't work in the sixties.
theres still one of those as you go into Burnley from Rawtenstall