This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Thought I was going to get lamped
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:58:10 pm »
Ok, so I turn up at a customers house yesterday. I get to the side of the house and am met by next doors massive rotty barking and growling at me by the low fence I need to work up against.

So I knock on the next doors house and politely ask if they can get the dog in as I need to work next to he fence and the dog is growling and barking at me.

Well the guy flipped on me, came right up to me and I thought he was going to try to lamp me one. He said the dog harmless and doesn't bark ever.

I tried to explain that the dog was, but he got more and more wound up. He went round the back and found me standing there and the dog barking, growling and shaking the fence. He shouted the dog abdu never saw them again.

When the customer who's windows I was cleaning came out, I explained what had  happened. He said he is harmless and he has never heard it bark. He did understand why I asked next door and said he would have a word.

I'm not a girl thingy cat, I have a German sheperd that can bark, but unless I have been introduced to a dog with the owner there, there is no chance I'm risking it !
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

GWCS

Re: Thought I was going to get lamped
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »
many dogs are very good dogs - they dont bark ever - except on this occasion and ive found it too - you are a stranger to them, and look very suspicious to them.

Normally i dont bother talking to the dogs owners - because people can take offence very easily - i just get on with it, and the dog can bark all it likes..

Seen plenty - dobermans, staffs, rotties, german sheps etc

Ive actually jumped in a garden not realising a doberman lived there.. nearly licked me to death..LOL

tbh, its the ankle biters you need to worry about little so & so's.

Richard Holt

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »
I've found that in the past dogs can be fine with you all the time the owner is around, but then turn funny if no one is in and you turn up in the garden.

I've had to keep one eye on what I'm doing and one eye on a dog quite a few times :-\

stephen s

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 03:38:54 pm »
I just boot them     problem solved  :D

cozy

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 03:46:09 pm »
Got a couple of bite marks from dogs that "Never bite and are good as gold". You're right though, the small ones are the worst ;)

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 03:53:05 pm »
u did the right thing,  how many stories do you read in papers of harmless dogs attaching people

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 04:00:38 pm »
when i worked for the post office, dogs would go for you and the response," he's never done that before, you must have antagonized him"
 or
 "he doesn't bite"
yes, but does he know that?

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:19:56 pm »
Ok, so I turn up at a customers house yesterday. I get to the side of the house and am met by next doors massive rotty barking and growling at me by the low fence I need to work up against.

So I knock on the next doors house and politely ask if they can get the dog in as I need to work next to he fence and the dog is growling and barking at me.

Well the guy flipped on me, came right up to me and I thought he was going to try to lamp me one. He said the dog harmless and doesn't bark ever.

I tried to explain that the dog was, but he got more and more wound up. He went round the back and found me standing there and the dog barking, growling and shaking the fence. He shouted the dog abdu never saw them again.

When the customer who's windows I was cleaning came out, I explained what had  happened. He said he is harmless and he has never heard it bark. He did understand why I asked next door and said he would have a word.

I'm not a girl thingy cat, I have a German sheperd that can bark, but unless I have been introduced to a dog with the owner there, there is no chance I'm risking it !

I once packed a job in because of the neighbour's dog.  When stood upright, it's head would come over the fence and the way it was behaving I reckoned it might rip my head off.  No-one was in.  I had already cleaned the front.  I just packed up and drove off, never to be seen again.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:29 pm »
a nice heaftey kick always does the trick ad a terrier bite me in the leg gid that one a special kick went flying mates

macmac

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 04:42:50 pm »
Wish I had a pound for every time I heard "Oh, it's ok, he doesn't bite"!!!!!!!

Screw that!!

I just say, "well I'd rather not take the chance thankyou"

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 05:03:27 pm »
oh yeh agree wif ya oh the dog aint bit anyone mate !! oh so is this your dog on the end of me arm  then mate!!

geefree

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 07:29:47 pm »
I hate them, i carry a dog blow spray, if they get too near, one blast and they poop themselves... ;D

Thats why its all over the garden and on my hose, ::)

Cant understand anyone liking dogs,
walking down the road with one on a piece of string, ;D ;D ;D

whats that about? ???

Ta-ra

Pureandclean

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 09:50:03 pm »
We just squirt them with water, most of them run off, apart from a yorkshire terrier puppy, that kept attacking the brush, no matter how wet it got, don't think it had ever had so much fun.
 Another dog comes up and drops a stick and barks at you until you throw the stick for it to run after. These are very highly trained guard dogs, they don't attack you, they just keep you occupied until the police arrive.   ;D ;D ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 03:43:15 am »
just tell em what is like wud e go back 2 or more times for his wages me thinks not after that he b a girl thingy cat times money in this game collecting a pain in the ass
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 08:46:57 am »
i put the ticket through a custies door and snap felt this searing pain....crazy dog had been waiting quietly to pounce....bit right into my fingers.......i said my curse words ( blasted dog and wot a shocker etc ::) ) and rang the door bell......custie comes to the door...this is wot was said.

me....your dog just bit me, can i come in and wash my wound out in your sink?

custie...my dog has never bitten anyone in his whole life.

me......can you open your mouth please?

custie....why?

me.....well if wasnt your dog that bit me it must have been you....i want to check if your teeth marks match with the teeth marks on my fingers.

custie......well the post man said he got bitten once months ago and he hasnt complained since, but to be on the safe side i will install a cage behind the door, come in and wash out your wound.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 09:41:26 am »
i put the ticket through a custies door and snap felt this searing pain....crazy dog had been waiting quietly to pounce....bit right into my fingers.......i said my curse words ( blasted dog and wot a shocker etc ::) ) and rang the door bell......custie comes to the door...this is wot was said.

me....your dog just bit me, can i come in and wash my wound out in your sink?

custie...my dog has never bitten anyone in his whole life.

me......can you open your mouth please?

custie....why?

me.....well if wasnt your dog that bit me it must have been you....i want to check if your teeth marks match with the teeth marks on my fingers.

custie......well the post man said he got bitten once months ago and he hasnt complained since, but to be on the safe side i will install a cage behind the door, come in and wash out your wound.

surprised he didn't bill you for bleeding on his carpet ::) :o ;D ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:37 am »
he did.....so i said i will send someone round to clean it.......a guy from dunoon is on his way with his brillo pad and bucket of fairy.....a guy called boo.

weetot

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »
I usuall carry a tin of 'Chappie' round with me, and as you can see by my avatar, i need to be extra careful, as i'm a cat!!!!l
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!