Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian richards

Greetings From Dubai
« on: June 06, 2005, 04:10:02 pm »
Hi all

Yes i know, i am a real sad B.....d, looking at all this stuff while i'm on me hols, but then again i one anyway, for spending most of my free time on it when i'm at home ;)

Gavin   

You are such a big girl :o Can't a guy have a joke, without the only gay in the village spoiling the fun :o

tut, tut, tut ???

Anyway guy's.....and you Gavin!!

Having a wonderful time, weather is a baking 120deg, and i am sitting in the hotel on the left at this moment (its 7pm) waiting to have our meal at 7.30pm on the top floor restaurant.
The view is amazing, and you can see for miles out over the Persian gulf, and to the bottom left is palm Island.

The drinks are expensive though, Two g and t's and two bacardi and Cokes just cost me 28 quid, so god knows how much the meal is going to be :o :o

Well, you only live once.

I will take a pic of the view and hopefully upload when i get back.

I may come on line again tomorrow to let you know if i have had to re-mortgage my house :(

Ian         

garyj

Re: Greetings From Dubai
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 04:26:20 pm »
Lucky b u g g e r. Raining here again.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:31:36 pm »
saw the food from the hotel on telly the other night. apparently they use alot of gold leaf in the food. Tell us what it tastes like!

Happy Hols.

Was in dubai for 9 weeks a few years ago. Great place it was 50 degrees c then gold souck is a must

Adrian Makel

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:53:14 pm »
Good on you mate,enjoy it. ;D ;D ;D

Karl Wildey

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:08:26 pm »
someone please delete this topic and banned him for life.

Me jealous, no way  :'( :'( :'(

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 09:45:30 pm »
Richard

Was there a few years ago a go on secondment very nice place, valid never to invite wife to spend a long weekend again, company credit card took a right bashing not to mention the AED I had in my pocket, on refection Bluewater a cheaper option!

Agree with Karl delete this topic the wife may read it and want to go back! >:( :o

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 10:30:55 pm »
HI Ian

YOU SAD MAN LOOKING IN ON CLEAN IT UP WHEN ON HOLS  ??? ::) :o ??? ::) :o :-X :-\ :-X :-[ ::) ??? :o :( >:(

Sent you some info on a few things did you get it before you went away?

Hope it's raining and your meal was rubbish and cost you a fortune!!  ;D   ;D  ;D

Gav  ;)

Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 12:05:00 am »
Nice one Ian, :'(
only been out that way once and never stayed in a place like that with the RMP  :-X

ian richards

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 03:13:17 pm »
Hi guys

FIRST ROUND OF DRINKS                        28 QUID :o :o :o

THE CHEAPEST MAIN COURSE WAS         45 QUID :o :o :o

THE CHEAPEST BOTTLE OF WINE WAS    32 QUID :o :o :o

TOTAL COST FOR EACH PERSON WAS     105.00 QUID :o :o :o

The wife just smiled >:(  >:(

Well she would do wouldnt she, she didnt have to pay the bill ::) ::)

Food was excelent though, and its not every day that you get to sit in the best hotel in the world :) :)

I love it here, we went to see some property today, one bedroomed flat 179k over looking the marina, beautiful, to bad i can't afford it :( :(

If you have never been out here, then you should definately think about it, it's my 3rd time and i would move here tomorrow if i hadnt got commitments.
it's a fabulouse place.

Ian

ps.       Len.     Why do you keep calling me Richard ??? Is it a Rodney and Trigger thing?

pps.     For the astute of you that have noticed that, the price of the round of drinks has changed from last nite, thats because my conversion in to sterling last nite was incorrect, so i have now changed it ;)

Adrian Makel

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 03:45:39 pm »
wife read your post yesterday,and has just gone shopping.I`m willing to bet the weeks takings she returns with some sort of holiday info. ;D ;D

ian richards

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 03:47:53 pm »

ADRIAN

Quick... STOP HER :o :o :o

stevegunn

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 05:34:32 pm »
Richards get a life checking this site whilst on holiday is sad ::)

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 07:13:39 pm »
Ian

Sorry too many Ian’s on here! ;D

Adrian

No longer can afford to take wife on hols she now goes with her mates, definitely the cheaper option! But did suggest we went back to the nature bit like Steve Gunn her reply ok but don’t forget to pre-book the 5 star hotel I give up!  :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 08:38:35 am »
Hi Ian

It's Len's Del boy thing.

And get a life your on your Holly bobs so leave the bloody computer alone and go and enjoy yourself.

Cheers Kevin
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Adrian Makel

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 04:03:14 pm »
well brochures are here and now i`m panicking.think i will let her get on with it.definately a case of ignorance is bliss. ;D ;D

Martin S

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 05:16:49 pm »
Hi all,

Greetings from sunny Tenerife.   :)

It may not be Dubai, but it's sunny and hot, the sea is warm and the Beer is cold.

Ian.  You're not the only 'saddo'   ;)
Martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 06:28:07 pm »
Martin S / Ian

It’s sunny here Chislehurst and also in Broadstairs, a few more days like today, I will gladly pay the wife to go away! ;D

Len

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 09:21:16 pm »
Im off to Butlins in Minehad in a few weeks. Rest assursed i wont be posting on here from there ::)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Doug Holloway

Adrian Makel

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 07:30:52 am »
Tyne and Wear is sunny at moment but think cloud is approching ???