Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

whos bored of all this?

yes
81.3%
39 (81.3%)
no
18.8%
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Martin ccs

bored of wfp vs trad
« on: November 19, 2009, 03:33:53 pm »
just think like alot of guys have said before - both are tools to do the job.

pros and cons to both.

some domestic customers will be funny with wfp, but if they give it a chance then everythings fine in general.

some commercial places have a h&s rule - no ladders on site, so wfp is a winner there.

and so on and so on...........

Nathanael Jones

Re: bored of wfp vs trad
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:38 pm »
You'd think the debate would have died ages ago,.. what with ladders being banned and all!

;) ;D ;D ;D

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:41:05 pm »
yes im bored of people coming up to me and saying 'ach sure that poles no good' i say 'well have you tried it?' the replys 'no' every single time, that shuts them up!!
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »
martin ccs if ur bored why dont U start another interesting thread! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Martin ccs

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 03:43:25 pm »
You'd think the debate would have died ages ago,.. what with ladders being banned and all!

;) ;D ;D ;D

when you try and tell some domestic customers about h&s with ladders they look at you like your talking rubbish, some like to see you work your ass off before they pay up.

some see wfp as cheating and get all funny with you.

dont know about everyone else but im finding customers are getting more and more annoying - they think they know it all but infact the dont know poop!

still some nice customers out there tho - thank god!

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »
martin ccs if ur bored why dont U start another interesting thread! ;D ;D ;D

what about daddy or chips?

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 03:51:48 pm »
very board off it wfp v trad pops up at least one or twice a month

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:53:37 pm »
well we all know who wins dont we lads  ;D
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

wizard

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 06:01:04 pm »
Theres not winner in a war with its self.Rubbish subject.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 06:12:04 pm »
customer to trad window cleaner

" my neighbour has a window cleaner who uses water and a pole"

Trad cleaner to customer.

" oh they are rubbish , the water leaves smears"

Customer has made her mind up never to use wfp.

customer to wfp cleaner.

"My neighbour still has a window cleaner , who uses dirty water and a rag, with ladders"

wfp cleaner to customer.

" Oh you cant beat this system, it cleans all your frames and doors with ease, windows over con roof, etc, "

Customer has made her mind up never to use trad again.

matt

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 06:15:13 pm »
its fantastic entertainment

everytime i feel i have stepped back in time

the only downside to the arguement now is that squeaky doesnt join in

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 07:26:52 pm »
matt ive looked at some of squeekys old posts!classic!there was no one more determined to stay and defend trad to the hilt and look at him now!transit and a 10000000lt tank!ha!ha! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Craig 72

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:28 pm »
matt ive looked at some of squeekys old posts!classic!there was no one more determined to stay and defend trad to the hilt and look at him now!transit and a 10000000lt tank!ha!ha! ;D ;D ;D

I bet if the vast majority of trad guys tried wfp for a week they wouldn't go back.There's a natural tendency to defend the technique you use but it would take a stubborn bugger to try wfp and not admit it has great advantages.

LWC

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 07:36:40 pm »
Yeh im sick of it, WFP is the best and only tool for window cleaning so why talk about traditional?

Craig 72

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:47:13 pm »
Yeh im sick of it, WFP is the best and only tool for window cleaning so why talk about traditional?

Ha ha,yeah get your point.I realised after I posted in the 'bored of wfp vs trad' thread,and indeed voted that I am bored,that I immediately championed wfp.Maybe I'm not bored after all! ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 10:01:52 am »
i have used wfp pole alot and havent found a massive advantage to earnigns, and speed

just the safety aspect which has to be its strongest point no matte what you earn with it...

but if it earns better then alls good

to be fair though i only use it where i have too, in the new year though im gonna do it properly with a 2 man set up a trailer and a bak pack, and have all options, i will still do some low level trad and one half day a week on a council estate with all wooden old oxidized frames, as the prices are too low to rinse each one for an hour, and they are so small if you jumped you could hit the upstairs windows so no advantage in chaging it but the majority of my 3 bed semi work i reckon i wil speed up, once they are just being maintained 4 weekly

im looking forward to it but dont want to do it till ive got the set up right im not faffing with a back pack every day, i use it on a few houses now and on commercial and do enjoy not using ladders, but lugging 25 lt barrells, no thanks ladders are less hassle!!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 10:06:50 am »
ladders will always have a place in window cleaners kit if he is open to all work

if used safely they are fine, there is no ban  no such words were ever used by hse

there use is regulated much more closely and in all honesty the way the guidelines are written you could stand do a hand stand at the top of a ladder while it rests on polished concrete in the snow and if you have no accident you cant be in trouble its if you have a accident then you are in big poo
not that i advise unsafe lader practise as obviously the key is to avoid incident and to do this you use ladders safely, but to never use them is silly in many instances

wfp could cause an accident in some circumstances, trailing hoses, water puddles etc, however the safe and competent operative uses discetion and limits these risks ladders are no different

pingu

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:01 pm »
I have just been away for a couple of days in Amsterdam and there it looks like the right tool for the job....plent of window cleaners about..some using trad some using wfp and lots mixing and matching...even saw a couple of guys with trolleys just like the old days in the UK...trollies as in old wooden carts for their ladders a real mix of methods.

Trad is KING
WFP is KING

All window cleaners are KINGS.

Dave.

ps Plenty of old wooden ladders that looked like they have seen some serious years go by.....but still being used alongside modern new aluminium ladders.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 04:40:15 pm »
It's like steam versus diesel or electric on the railways. No contest!
It's a game of three halves!

mogy

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 05:49:52 pm »
Well i think WFP are brillant ......I got a £90 clean  from a very disgruntled lady who  had just had the service of a wfp man