This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

whos bored of all this?

yes
81.3%
39 (81.3%)
no
18.8%
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: bored of wfp vs trad
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 02:53:50 am »
You'd think the debate would have died ages ago,.. what with ladders being banned and all!

;) ;D ;D ;D
ladders are not banned
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 06:42:46 am »
You'd think the debate would have died ages ago,.. what with ladders being banned and all!

;) ;D ;D ;D
ladders are not banned
:o :o

New I should have waited to find out :'(

I voted no as I like reading the funny replies.

Ian

p.s still in shock that ladders are not banned they should be  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

pingu

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:42 am »
Here are a couple of pics I took this week in Amsterdam of a couple of old style window cleaners carts still being used..

pingu

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 11:11:44 am »
Here is the ultimate wfp wagon....it's actually a washer and pressure washer machine but we can dream eh ;)

pingu

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 11:12:08 am »
And another...

martinsadie

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 12:46:14 pm »
im not bored just took 2 more customers off a wfp cleaner this morning  ;D ;D

TonyD

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 02:11:37 pm »
Like that truck, but don't think I'd like to drive round with that written on my mudflaps  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »

Nor me! Thursday I had an elderly lady come across the street to me and ask: "My window cleaner can't do above my conservatory can you do mine please?"

Me: "Of course I can! But if you want to keep your present window claner why don't you just let me do those three windows for you regularly?"

Her: "But Mrs. O___________ (the customer for whom I was working when approached) tells me I should change to you because you do the frames and cills and don't leave marks like her old window cleaner."

Me:  "Well I don't want to take anyone's work but if you're sure then OK!"

;D
It's a game of three halves!

martinsadie

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 03:44:23 pm »
good job i dont have to compete with you Malc  ;D
there are only 3 wfp cleaners around here and they must be bad because they are losing a lot of work  ;D

Halfadaylee

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 04:11:23 pm »
Stan, so was he on your patch or were you on  his, bad man!

lcwalker

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »
Yeh im sick of it, WFP is the best and only tool for window cleaning so why talk about traditional?
How do you explain this then my parter saw a window cleaner clean with WFP yesterday and i went past today and i could still see where the water streaks had ran down on the render to me this doesn't look atall professional.But im getting the feeling some of you WFP guys know how easy you have it and i have to admit i like the thought of it because it makes cleaning windows easy and safe and it great for hard to reach places.But ive asked people i know would they want there windows dry when a w/c has finished and they all say yes,IMO dry windows when you leave look professional water dripping all down the house doesn't.Also ive read on here some people say on first cleans with WFP it will take a couple of cleans to clean them with no spots etc, but the thing is the customer has ask someone to clean there windows only for a w/c to go there and not clean them properly when if they used trad they would be.

clean

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 04:44:50 pm »
Yeh im sick of it, WFP is the best and only tool for window cleaning so why talk about traditional?
How do you explain this then my parter saw a window cleaner clean with WFP yesterday and i went past today and i could still see where the water streaks had ran down on the render to me this doesn't look atall professional.But im getting the feeling some of you WFP guys know how easy you have it and i have to admit i like the thought of it because it makes cleaning windows easy and safe and it great for hard to reach places.But ive asked people i know would they want there windows dry when a w/c has finished and they all say yes,IMO dry windows when you leave look professional water dripping all down the house doesn't.Also ive read on here some people say on first cleans with WFP it will take a couple of cleans to clean them with no spots etc, but the thing is the customer has ask someone to clean there windows only for a w/c to go there and not clean them properly when if they used trad they would be.

It`s all been said before bla bla bla YAAAAAWWWWWNNNN  ::)
(MY 1ST AND LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC)

dai

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 04:53:44 pm »
But once converted nobody goes back to trad, not even Squeaks.

lcwalker

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 04:59:32 pm »
Ive noticed on this forum how defensive some people get about WFP it's as if they feel there cheating there customers by how easy and quick they are cleaning windows,people aren't so defensive over trad.This is by no means to start an argument but it's just a general view of what i have read.Im not really for or against either method at the end of the day it's only glass being cleaned hardly that important really is it.

lcwalker

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »
Well they wouldn't would they, they have gone to the expense of setting up and it's quicker why would they go back?.

dai

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »
Well they wouldn't would they, they have gone to the expense of setting up and it's quicker why would they go back?.

Well they would have to go back if they were getting loads of complaints, and losing all their customer.
It's like having a boat, the day you buy an outboard the rowing stops. But you  still carry the oars just in case.