This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JRDEasiReach

Re: TRADITIONAL-PROS!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38:01 am »
thanks JRD i will have a look at the website!im looking at a few.pure freedom,brodex,gardiners etc.wont be buying anything until spring!i think that will be a good time to get a system for the better weather and gain some experience! ;)

No m8 dont wait til then, buy now before the VAT increase in january :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 11:43:10 am »
i forgot about that JRD!im gettin a van first!protectacote it etc before building a system/or getting one fitted professionally.im crippled with indecision about vans/systems etc at the mo! :-\ :-\.
price higher/work harder!

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 11:46:02 am »
i forgot about that JRD!im gettin a van first!protectacote it etc before building a system/or getting one fitted professionally.im crippled with indecision about vans/systems etc at the mo! :-\ :-\.

m8 if you give arthur from sureclean a call he will guide you through it all, try him ill telling you it will save you a bundle even if it is being delivered from NI to england :)
JRD Easi Reach

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 11:54:52 am »
im gonna go for a swim,lunch and then tot a few figures up on vans/systems etc.

thanks for all ur help guys! ;D

matt

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »
thanks matt.u seem a down to earth guy and a real window cleaner! ;)im thinking of odering everything online and getting a local guy to fit tank in van.im sure i would save a bit of money.im looking at 2grand to spend incu getting some spares in with that!realistic?

yes, you will get change from 2 K

400 L tank is 150 quid from gardinerpolesystems, as you can fill up in the day, you might consider a smaller tank say 250 or 300 for 100 quid, personally i would go with the 400 L as it fits inside a berligo sized van nicely, though a 250 L tank will last me for 80 % of my days and you have the option to top up via DI

pump 90 quid

electrionic pump controller 100 quid

7 Litre Resin Bead  Canister and  Fittings 65 quid

25 L of resin 65 quid

hose and reel under 100 quid

poles and brush, its a personal choice, i love the RT zensorflex fishing pole as its soooooooo light ( 25 quid delivered ) upto a SLX which is near 500 quid with loads of poles inbetween in the price range

i have fitted my tank with straps, 5 tonne massive things, fitted into lorry tie down eye plates, bolted with 12.9 ( the strongest i could find )bolts though the chassis, the berlingo has holes at points up the chassis to help with drainage, i put nice big think spreader plates on the underside, i had a engineer look over it and he laughed at the amount of overkill i put into the job

personally i cannot do without my trolley, i just fill the trolley with a sub pump in my van and i find it easier and faster than moving the van every few houses, i my round is very compact though, the streets i do i do most houses on them

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 02:42:20 pm »
thanks matt.what is ur tank?layflat or upright?fits ok in a berlingo?do u have trad gear as well,dare i say ladders and suchlike? ;D

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:47 pm »
I went with brodex, as I had been looking at diy, but a really bad fall meant i had other things to deal with. the fitted system meant less worry if things went wrong.
however next time I will probably go diy.

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58_88_83&products_id=1084

the above link is a good place to start. wintecs are a good supplier, from there you are looking to add a pole, hose, tank.

i have a berlingo and 400 tank in the rear, i fill it to about 2/3 full and it works well, on 1 busy day i do fill it to the top and the berlingo doesnt really like it much, but the first stop is about 5 mins away and then that uses 100 L so its fine then

2/3 of a 400l tank? isn't that just about 16 l over a 250 l tank ;) ;) ;)

macmac

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:42 pm »
I would buy a ready made pump box from cleantech. It comes as one box with digital varistream, hoselok connector each side for in/out & a lead to plug into your cig' lighter. just plug in & away you go. no mess, no wiring & 100% reliable! Easy to take out overnight in winter so won't freeze up. Last

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_26&products_id=100

£241 inc' vat.

rich fraser

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:03 pm »
i went wfp 3 months ago and loved it BUT this week so far. Monday fell asleep while the van was filling woke up to find my footwells fall of water because i had parked  on a slope. tuesday with a soggy van my pump packs up, ring up my distributor and they say send it back and we will have a look. so i pay for another one with special delivery of £24 so i dont miss another days work. wed i do four houses before the new pump gives up, pressure regulator i thought. so my distributor says they will send a new regulator for thurs. i borrow a ionic pump off a mate for thurs, after doin the back of one house i find a pond in the back of the van where the ionic pump is spuing water out the top through the wire gromet. my distributor then tells me they have no pressure regulators in stock so i end up buying another pump with special delivbery just so i can get a day in tomorrow.

Point is if i was still on the ladde4rs i wouldnt have hyad any of these problems. i am seriously thinkin of goin back :'(

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 03:30:16 pm »
that is a bad run, but how did it start?
it wasn't the wfp, it was you falling asleep.
I like to flood the van at least every two months ;D

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 03:31:56 pm »
not meant as a dig by the way.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 03:42:00 pm »
i can leave mine to fill and it stops automatically :)
JRD Easi Reach

rich fraser

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 03:54:35 pm »
i need to get a shut off solanoid i know. im  in the middle of moving houses and am filling up at my parents house so havent got a filling station like i did in my old house. just one of those weeks a i guess. just ordered a new pump and regualator so hopefully are be poling away again tmr

macmac

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 03:54:53 pm »
i can leave mine to fill and it stops automatically :)

Same here, the supplier should fit one for you- a small ball-cock stop valve.

martinsadie

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 04:00:56 pm »
why would i put a ladder on ice?i use trad poles a lot of the time! ;D
or else smash the ice with the ladder spikes  ;D

bobby p

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »
what are u driving at the mo DAZMOND ? THE plus of being trad is using hardly any fuel ,no need for a special heavy duty van ,  and trad gear never ever goes wrong does it

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 04:36:40 pm »
ive got a car,used one for years.take the missus out in it at weekends as she doesnt like motorways or roundabouts!if i get a van ill only have that til i can afford a car as well!more expense!bobby all the wfp guys cant be wrong!i want to be able to compete with all window cleaners and in a few years i think trad only cleaners will be in the minority!apparently i can fit a 400lt in the back of a combo/kangoo/berlingo so dont need a big van! ;)

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 04:51:48 pm »
As soon as i put my squeegee in my bucket at end of the day thats it- relax and no more thinking of it till the next morning . I havent tried water-fed-pole , but i would hate to spend even 1 hour making water ,fiddling with poles  often

Theres always SECONDHAND WATER FED POLES  on e-bay - get a working full set up there ?

Tosh

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 05:48:35 pm »
4.NO freezing problem in winter![if u cover ladders up with a sheet!]

Daz,

You obviously haven't had a really cold Winter yet have you?  When its freezing cold, try washing a window with a mop and watch the water freeze almost as soon as its made contact with the glass.  Its impossible to squeegie.

matt

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2009, 06:19:38 pm »
4.NO freezing problem in winter![if u cover ladders up with a sheet!]

Daz,

You obviously haven't had a really cold Winter yet have you?  When its freezing cold, try washing a window with a mop and watch the water freeze almost as soon as its made contact with the glass.  Its impossible to squeegie.

happened to me once at 5.30 am, my mop stuck to the glass, when the store opened at 9.00 i purchased some anti-freeze screenwash to finish the job