This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

TRADITIONAL-PROS!
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:56 am »
1.very low overheads!

2.NO EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS!WAAHEY!

3.a lot less hassle!

4.NO freezing problem in winter![if u cover ladders up with a sheet!]

5.DRY WINDOWS!custys happy!

6.NO runs/spotting or water on pathways!

7.keeps u fitter with ladder work!evens out the strain on body with climbing/some trad pole work to give the knees a rest!

8.bird poop/snail trails/pollen/grease not a problem u can see it and scrub!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: TRADITIONAL-PROS!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:25 am »
please feel free to add to this! ;)

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:00:16 am »
The chance of falling off your ladder.

The chance of your ladder slipping on ice in the winter.

Not for me thanks... A few months ago a friend of mine fell when his ladder slipped and broke both his arms... He keeps saying he's fortunate to be alive. He's now WFP.

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:09:40 am »
why would i put a ladder on ice?i use trad poles a lot of the time! ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:12:33 am »
1.very low overheads!
very expensive when the fall leaves you off work for six months (if you're fortunate)
2.NO EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS!WAAHEY!
if you maintain your equipment properly you'll have very few probs whatever you use
3.a lot less hassle!
wfp, don't worry about falling to your death, a lot less hassle!
4.NO freezing problem in winter![if u cover ladders up with a sheet!]
easily overcome
5.DRY WINDOWS!custys happy!
CLEAN WINDOWS! custys happy!
6.NO runs/spotting or water on pathways!
do it properly no runs/spotting, water dries

7.keeps u fitter with ladder work!evens out the strain on body with climbing/some trad pole work to give the knees a rest!
you get out what you put in, trad or wfp

8.bird poop/snail trails/pollen/grease not a problem u can see it and scrub!
again you get out what you put in

I think you are mixing user faults with system faults  ;)

macmac

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:23 am »
Combine the two & have the best of both worlds!! ;)

No limits, no safety issues, everybodys happy! 8)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:38:17 am »
what van do u have MAC MAC?im thinking of berlingo/combo/connect,kangoo type and just getting a 250lt tank so i can at least offer WFP to custys!some on here are havin a go at me if from time to time i might top up my tank on the job!whats the problem.ive known a lot of custys for years and most are not on meters!i quick top up at dinnertime and some on here think im a cowboy!i dont want a big van for my domestic round.35tds around here so just DI for me.

regards dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:45:54 am »
dazmond,
I use a Peugeot Partner with a 250 DI set up from Brodex, here it's about 44tds, most days 250l gets me through, but I have no prob topping up at customers if they have an o/s tap, in fact most places i top up the cust offered the use of the tap without me having to ask. It doesn't really matter what folk on here think about it, if the cust is happy, then you're happy ;D

lcwalker

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:20 am »
The chance of falling off your ladder.

The chance of your ladder slipping on ice in the winter.

Not for me thanks... A few months ago a friend of mine fell when his ladder slipped and broke both his arms... He keeps saying he's fortunate to be alive. He's now WFP.

Andy
IMO you can work safely up a ladder if firstly your not rushing to try and get them done quicker, avoid working if the floor is slippery and if in any doubt get someone yo hold the ladder and dont work if it's really windy wet or icey.I bet most accidents happen when people are being to risky  trying to get work done quicker it's just not worth rushing.There are people out there who have been working on ladders for 50 years and never had a fall the problem now in all trades there are some people that rush about like blue a**ed flys because they are  greedy for more cash my brothers a builder and he's one of them.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:27:27 am »
what van do u have MAC MAC?im thinking of berlingo/combo/connect,kangoo type and just getting a 250lt tank so i can at least offer WFP to custys!some on here are havin a go at me if from time to time i might top up my tank on the job!whats the problem.ive known a lot of custys for years and most are not on meters!i quick top up at dinnertime and some on here think im a cowboy!i dont want a big van for my domestic round.35tds around here so just DI for me.

regards dazmond

Kangoo 665d. 400ltr DI only (2 x DI's) ;). Here in scottish borders tap tds is 90ppm, no custys on meters around here (don't think they have 'em at all in scotland?) I often top up from custys tap, they don't mind at all. It's very handy as to be honest, will be looking for expert/dispatch next year. I still do plenty of trad when it's quicker/easier to do so or unsafe by ladder etc.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 10:31:23 am »
My bro' inlaw carries a DI in his astra estate & plugs into custy's tap on his larger country houses!! He takes facelift pole & 100m of minibore.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:51 am »
I dont understand if you go to the expense of getting a WFP set up that you dont use it 99% of the time, why go to the expense for it to just sit there and use it the odd time?
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:13 am »
thanks a lot guys for the input!just got back from the barbers.its really windy out there!too dangerous for ladders or poles!good to get a better response!how do u get a 400lt tank in a berlingo?sounds a bit tight on on the limit weight wise!is the brodex 250lt ok LEGION?SOUNDS V.EXPENSIVE FOR JUST TANK,PUMP,DI.1200QUID without vat!might buy everything online then get a local garage to fit the tank in van etc

best wishes to everyone

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 11:01:47 am »
JRD i probably will end up using it on nearly everything once i get the hang of it and see how quick it is!but just cos i might top up sometimes on the job doesnt mean im a cowboy! ;D ;D

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:22 am »
no you wont be, if the custy asks you do you need water, if you really do i would take it, im always getting told to use the tap if i need it but they never understand i have a tank full in the van :)

Oh and dazmond ill say again check out surecleansystems (google it) as i got my 350ltr tank, frame around it, pump, 4040 RO, DI unit, all fittings etc, hose and reel, and 4 section 20 ft pole with soft bristle and hard bristle brushes plus fitting and a trigger all for just over 2500 try them out to see. If you have the van already he will be able to tell you what the max is that will fit.
JRD Easi Reach

matt

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 11:12:19 am »
quick top up at dinnertime and some on here think im a cowboy!i dont want a big van for my domestic round.35tds around here so just DI for me.

regards dazmond

dazmond, that was your first mistake

caring when others on here think, some on here are very blinkered and have idea of grandeur ( they forget they are only window cleaners ), they are very quick to judge , some also think they are on a crusade to bring the publics perception of window cleaner to the same level ( and even beyond ) of the time served skills, electrician , gas fitter etc etc

you know your customers, if they will not mind if you top up at lunch time, just crack on and do it, you could even ask them if they are in

matt

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 11:16:01 am »
thanks a lot guys for the input!just got back from the barbers.its really windy out there!too dangerous for ladders or poles!good to get a better response!how do u get a 400lt tank in a berlingo?sounds a bit tight on on the limit weight wise!is the brodex 250lt ok LEGION?SOUNDS V.EXPENSIVE FOR JUST TANK,PUMP,DI.1200QUID without vat!might buy everything online then get a local garage to fit the tank in van etc

best wishes to everyone

dazmond

i have a berlingo and 400 tank in the rear, i fill it to about 2/3 full and it works well, on 1 busy day i do fill it to the top and the berlingo doesnt really like it much, but the first stop is about 5 mins away and then that uses 100 L so its fine then

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:22 am »
thanks matt.u seem a down to earth guy and a real window cleaner! ;)im thinking of odering everything online and getting a local guy to fit tank in van.im sure i would save a bit of money.im looking at 2grand to spend incu getting some spares in with that!realistic?

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:23:54 am »
thanks matt.u seem a down to earth guy and a real window cleaner! ;)im thinking of odering everything online and getting a local guy to fit tank in van.im sure i would save a bit of money.im looking at 2grand to spend incu getting some spares in with that!realistic?

yes daz, give me your email addy or better still look at my profile and i will give you the number of my local guy who sells the stuff better than that heres the website address www.surecleansystems.com you will get a load of stuff from him for 2k i guarantee it, tell him i sent you if you ring him will you?  Cheers
JRD Easi Reach

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:06 am »
thanks JRD i will have a look at the website!im looking at a few.pure freedom,brodex,gardiners etc.wont be buying anything until spring!i think that will be a good time to get a system for the better weather and gain some experience! ;)