This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wezzy32

how much would u pay
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:33:26 pm »
im looking at buying a round and it earns 500 every 4 weeks so what would be a fair price to pay
keep on smiling

Ste M

Re: how much would u pay
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
between 2 and 3k in my opinion, it depends on what the work is like, i:e how close it is and what the customer are like, also how established it is and if there is any future expansion chances.

#disclaimer#
this is all in my opinion so please dont take my word for it

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
no more than 2 grand .
where theres muck theres money

mci services

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:34 pm »
how long does it take to do?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 10:47:57 pm »
i was offered a round off a guy im pretty friendly with i bought the majority of my domestic work off him when i first started really reasonably

anyway this work is his sons

£600 every 3 weeks just shy of

done trad

they wanted £6000!!

first thingis , no one really does 3 weekly!! i started out 3 weekly as the work i bought was that but as ive grown people have been unhappy so have moved to 4

so it would only be 600 a month

and that is alot to pay

i suppose id want the same, but to pay it is alot

apparently his 3 sons all do it in one day together on ladders so must be pretty good work though

just goes to show a round is worth alot if you hang on someone will pay if its good work! im sure they will get that , i just wasnt willing to pay as its out of area

wezzy32

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:06:07 pm »
the round has been going for about 1yr.prices go from 3 quid to 12 i think a lot off the jobs may be under priced.they say it takes about 4-5 days and its all wfp it is well spread aswell.
keep on smiling

Sean Dyer

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »
i wouldnt part with anymore than 1k for that pal , an only if i thought i could bump up prices quick

if it was me now i would think actually by the time i get these to the right price if i had the time id rather canvass better paying work in!!

so if you really need the work and can live with £100 a day for now then go for it

but if you can live then no, dont waste the money, use it to fund yourself canvassing

mci services

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:31 pm »
ive bought similar in the past for no more than the price of one clean and then dumped it after a couple of cleans as it was more hassle than it was worth, but still it brought in money at the time i needed quick

wezzy32

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »
sorry ment to add this aswell the bloke bought the round only last month and didnt relise how far he had to travel  todo it and wants me to pay for it with out an hand over so i said i would work it on next clean then make him an offer.shud i or shudnt i .?
keep on smiling

mci services

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 11:22:56 pm »
sorry ment to add this aswell the bloke bought the round only last month and didnt relise how far he had to travel  todo it and wants me to pay for it with out an hand over so i said i would work it on next clean then make him an offer.shud i or shudnt i .?

no walk away now, smells like disaster

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:32 pm »
mate

bells alarm and ringing

make a sentence :)

dont do it

if it was me id be running as fast as i could

something else will be rond the corner, dont part with much if you decide to go for it

offer him one clean , but i reckon even that is a waste of time

i reckon he knows its pants and just wants out

dont make the same mistake

wezzy32

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »
i was thinking that im going to phone him 2morow and offer him 1 clean then its up to him.
keep on smiling

Ste M

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 11:38:17 pm »
offer him one clean an see if part of it may suit then make an offer for that, he may have half of it all in one bit and really condensed, it may be worth splitting it

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 12:03:18 am »
someone has dumped the round after 11 months, now this guy is selling it after one month.
sorry but that is not a well established round.
start chapping doors, it may take a bit longer, but it will be a more secure round, and less hassle long term

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:37 am »
the round has been going for about 1yr.prices go from 3 quid to 12 i think a lot off the jobs may be under priced.they say it takes about 4-5 days and its all wfp it is well spread aswell.

£500 for 4-5 days is shocking   :o....the work must be way underpriced, and I would emagine that is why they are selling the work.
 ???

daz1977

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:55 am »
dumping after a month doesnt sound rite,  but i would travel a bit further for a better payed job,  it is probably under priced and isnt worth the hassel

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 11:51:33 am »
id pay nothing, i would build up my own round and anyway the customers may not want yet another cleaner doing their windows in less than a year!!!  You can buy a name but not the customers i feel. 
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

EZclean

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 01:11:23 pm »
have a look at it first, drive round it with him and say 'how much are they?' it sounds like he knows you enough to not nick the work, but a fair price on good work for that would be £1000-1500.
sometimes you have to speculate a bit, if they are underpriced and you would like more work, then work it for 6mths as is, and when the customers know you, then you can say "mrs smith, i'm really sorry but i can't clean for £5 anymore, they are really underpriced are these, and i need to put them up to £6.50-£7 from next clean". you will lose some but the ones you dont will balance it out and you will have the same money for less time, or more money for the same time.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 02:11:09 pm »
Sorry if its been asked  already, is the bloke selling it trad or wfp and also are you trad or wfp, does he or you also clean frames.

wezzy32

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »
im trad and wfp.
he told me the areas were the work is and theres only 2 that are ok the other areas are well ruff.the seller is from northampton and the round isin walsall.he bought 2 rounds off is fellow country man.iv spoke to him on the phone and he coulndnt understand what i was saying.so i had to speek to him through yahoo.i only realy want the 2 areas nothing else as iv got work in 1 and the other is a little village which i want to get into.but its not easy as there is all ready three cleaners theres.
keep on smiling