This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevinc

do i charge or not?
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »
ok guys,the father in law phoned us up the other night can i clean his windows from now on as he's past cleaning them-point is do i charge or not?to be honest for them i'm hung on the back of a door ready to do things as and when(they phone up once a year to ask about the kids etc,)don't get me wrong i get on with father in law-not the mother as can be expected (she's a tight arsed yorkshire woman)nothing wrong with that though but how can/do i approach this one?they'll expect not to pay but we're running a bussiness here-what do you think?

daz1977

Re: do i charge or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:37:42 pm »
how long will it take u, how far are they away from you,  and is not doing worth the hassel of your wife

mci services

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »
i always say i know the guy that does that area, they are good window cleaners and i will have a word if you want. as i am choka block.

either that or get my wife to say youve no chance he wont do our windows i have to pay a window cleaner(and this is true)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:45:12 pm »
Before you even start work say "Listen, you're family and I don't think it'd be right to charge you,... but if you want to buy someting small for the little un's instead of paying me, that's your call".

Makes you out to be the good guy & they'll feel mighty guilty if they don't get something for the kids each time you clean! ;)

kevinc

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:46:59 pm »
there not far away,wife doesn't mind as they don't see her that much-black sheep an all-i guess it would take either me or the wife(both clean)ten/fifteen minuites tops

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:00 pm »
u know that if you charge them, then you will get called,  i would do them once every 2 months and dump the kids on them for an hour as payment

kevinc

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:00 pm »
hi nat,was just talking to the missus about joining the guild the other week glad you reminded me!do you supply logos for two vans on one subsciption(where from yorkshire)

macmac

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:36 pm »
By the sounds of it, you've nothing to lose anyway so I'd give it a miss to be honest mate. Concentrate on paying customers, who are also nice people! ;)

simon smith50

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:24 pm »
charge them
you said your running a business unless you can do it when you go for sunday lunch like i do take sunday lunch for 4 as payment . b4 you ask my motherinlaws sunday roast is to die for . well worth a few clean windows .
just my opinion .
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:57:44 pm »
hi nat,was just talking to the missus about joining the guild the other week glad you reminded me!do you supply logos for two vans on one subsciption(where from yorkshire)

There's 3 van stickers in the standard member pack,.. but if you need more they're only £3 each.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:02 pm »
I clean my mother in laws house and charge her full price !

Sounds like they only ring when they want something, so i wouldnt bother to be honest.

If they treat your wife like a black sheep, why not them ;)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

kevinc

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:14 pm »
nat,whats included in the pack?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 09:37:39 pm »
Everything you see here,... the  decals don't say 2009 anymore tho!
 ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:12 pm »
You don't charge family.
this might be what it takes to get them back together.
 was said above, do them every other month ;)

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »
Everything you see here,... the  decals don't say 2009 anymore tho!
 ;D ;D
will you be including your W.I. jam recipes  ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 09:57:39 pm »
if you charge family your not much of a man,right time of year to bring it up Scrooge  ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 10:08:06 pm »
My mother in law gets charged at my wifes say so

Business is business

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:44 am »
My mother in law gets charged at my wifes say so

Business is business

Just charge  a Sunday dinner
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:15 am »
there not far away,wife doesn't mind as they don't see her that much-black sheep an all-i guess it would take either me or the wife(both clean)ten/fifteen minuites tops

They dont see the kids very often yet they live nearby,your wife is the black sheep of the family....yeh right go round there and clean all their gutters as well ::)
Tell them politely to p i s s off

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:29:21 am »
I charge my mother, my granny, my uncle and my sis n law to clean their windows, the in laws dont want me to clean theirs :) Im running a business and would be severely out of pocket if i didnt charge them.  They all get a reduced rate though, with my uncle getting off the most of the lot :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'