This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

employing and suppling ppe
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:47:03 pm »
ok got a worker who started as a work placement from the council,  while he was with them he was supplied boots waterproofs etc. he now works for me as of now, i have supplied him with logo jacket, sweatshirt, t shirts. but heres the question is it my responcibility to supply foot wear. only asking as the ones he got from the council are just about done

Window Washers

Re: employing and suppling ppe
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:53:42 pm »
I supply the work clothes and high vis,  steel toe capped boots to staff as covers all safety issues, the boots are not the best in the world but I do my bit, they are welcome to replace these with more expensive or comfortable boots should they wish to.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

George P

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:09:43 pm »
we supply as comes under ppe, we also supply sunglassess under ppe,

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:14:05 pm »
we supply as comes under ppe, we also supply sunglassess under ppe,
and sun cream  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

George P

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:26:34 pm »
not be long before we have to go out with them and hold a umbrella to protect them from rain/sun/dust etc etc  (this should be smiley face but dont know how to put one on)

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:27:40 pm »
not be long before we have to go out with them and hold a umbrella to protect them from rain/sun/dust etc etc  (this should be smiley face but dont know how to put one on)
click the smiley face above where you are typing  ;) just click on the one you want  :P

daz1977

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:58 pm »
a lot of places are supplying foot wear,  that way they cant complain when there £200 trainers are ruined lol

ici, use to supply socks and underwear so no one could complain that they was cold

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:47:24 pm »
a lot of places are supplying foot wear,  that way they cant complain when there £200 trainers are ruined lol

ici, use to supply socks and underwear so no one could complain that they was cold
there are limits on what I will supply  :o

mci services

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »
ok thanks looks like i will need to shell out for a pair of boots then :'( its the tight jock in me that was hoping foot wear was down to the employee. it always was when i was employeed many moons ago ;D

matt

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:06:01 pm »
whenever i worked for some1 ( as a carpenter ) i allways insisted on boots ( and not cheap boots ) it was part of PPE

George P

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 08:14:56 pm »
 ;D like this window washers, thank you

wizard

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:54 pm »
I all the jobs I have had and never recieived boots, always had to get my own.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 10:36:42 pm »
I dont provide boots either

Trousers, shirts etc but thats it

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 10:54:49 pm »
Its the employers responsibility to supply ALL PPE and make sure the employee knows how to use it correctly.
Gloves, glasses, boots, kneepads, hard hats, Hi-vis vests, waterproofs,.. even sunscreen.
I think its technically a requirement to have handwashing facilities with hot water too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eberspacher-HandiWash-Mobile-Hot-Water-Hand-Wash-12-24V_W0QQitemZ170403632313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Commercial_Vehicles_ET?hash=item27acd914b9

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 10:58:18 pm »
i provide shirts, waterproofs, thats it

i figure they can provide footwear, gloves if they want them etc

however my lad is part time so if full maybe a bit more

but i wouldnt go overboard

the most i was ever given in the past was a company polo shirt

if yo lost it you bought a new one

and all the sizes were xl

i took my lad out to the shop and fitted him out in 2 pairs of everything he needed