This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

What's happened to.......
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:23:40 pm »
Alex Gardiner? Haven't seen a post in weeks. Could mean another addition to the family if he doesn't watch out.  :-X

matt

Re: What's happened to.......
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:07:12 pm »
you need a FAO ALEX

i want to spend a few hundred quid on a pole

he will soon arrive ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:24 pm »
Last time i saw a post was after he cleaned the pig shop, maybe he did a crap job and they have locked him up for it lol
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:02 am »
Alex Gardiner? Haven't seen a post in weeks. Could mean another addition to the family if he doesn't watch out.  :-X
Think hes done a runner with my brush  :(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15:25 am »
you need a FAO ALEX

i want to spend a few hundred quid on a pole

he will soon arrive ;)

;D

dd

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:58 am »
Perhaps he has just decided to get a life.

How is the meditation going Tosh?

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:21 am »
How is the meditation going Tosh?

Brilliant!  I've got one of those addictive personalities and now I'm firmly addicted to meditation.  I've been to a couple of Budhist meditation classes which were good, and I'm doing a meditation course ran at our local adult learning centre, so I'm just playing around with it to see what works for me.

There's absolutely 1000s of different ways to meditate, so I've plenty of scope for experimenting.

I have got a better general sense of well-being since I started doing it; I'm calmer (Wor Lass now asks me if I've done my morning meditation if I'm get a bit tetchy  ;D); I think its great.

dd

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:49:41 am »
Cool. Am trying to develop a more regular practice. Off to try some now.

BTW good job Wor Lass has big hands.

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:06:32 am »
Cool. Am trying to develop a more regular practice. Off to try some now.

Here's a couple of tips which helped me:

Keep at it.  Even if you don't feel any benefit initially it isn't wasted because you'll get the benifit of what you may consider 'wasted time' in future meditations (so Dave the Budhist guy told me).

Posture is vital; though uncomfortable to begin with; modern day lifestyles lead us to slouch which isn't good for you.  You don't have to feel comfortable.  Five year old kids can sit for ages with straight backs, but as we get older our muscles change, but with regular meditation with good posture, you muscles will strengthen and it will feel comfortable.

And regular short periods of meditation is better than one long one.  For example 2 x 15 minute periods of meditation is better than 1 x 30 minute one.  

Oh, and I sometimes meditate at lunchtime and it really perks me up for an afternoon of graft, but it sometimes gets a bit noisy with traffic where I park, so I've down loaded some binural beats to an MP3 player (google for it; there's loads of free downloads) and I like them.  There's medical evidence to show binuaral beats work in changing your brainwaves; and it blocks out any ambient noise.

Enjoy it!  It gives me a break from the committee in my 'ead!

dd

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 11:53:15 am »
Cheers Tosh  :) Interesting info.

Maye you could become a guru.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 12:01:54 pm »
Cheers Tosh  :) Interesting info.

Maye you could become a guru.

Yeh probably!  Tosh the enlightened one; I can see that.  ;D

There's loads of courses running in any town or city and they're either free or just cost a few quid.  There's loads of stuff on Youtube too, but some of it is a bit heavy, weird, or just not my cup of tea.  A good book is called 'Five minute mediations', google for it; you'd be surprised at how you can meditate and how easy it is too.

I fancy doing some yoga also; I bet there's loads of women who go to yoga classes and they'll all have really bendy legs 'n' hips and stuff!  ;D

dd

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 01:26:48 pm »
Last yoga class I went to I was the only bloke apart from the instructor.

What put me off going back was the instructor went on about how yoga helped overcome his alcoholism but I was sure I smelled alcohol on his breath and later heard he had been in the nearby pub.

Have practiced yoga at home over the years and would highly reccomend it. Helps to release stress from the body and leaves you mentally and physically relaxed, though like meditation it requires some perseverance and commitment.

Also it is a very good overall physical work out, improves stregth and flexibility especially back muscles and would likely help some on here who complain of RSI.

Years ago I had tendinitis in my right shoulder and found dramatic improvement simply by focusing my awareness on it during a meditation class (I was not consciously trying to heal it)

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 02:21:11 pm »

My guess is that he took offence at a certain poster seemingly raising doubts about his business ethics.  I wouldn't blame him either if that's what finally got to him.  He runs a decent service, sells decent equipment, fixes the equipment promptly if flaws are found, and is honest in his business dealings - yet some people were scathing about some of the products and one in particular seemed to question his integrity.  If that had happened to me, I think I would stay away too.

dd

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 04:27:52 pm »

My guess is that he took offence at a certain poster seemingly raising doubts about his business ethics.  I wouldn't blame him either if that's what finally got to him.  He runs a decent service, sells decent equipment, fixes the equipment promptly if flaws are found, and is honest in his business dealings - yet some people were scathing about some of the products and one in particular seemed to question his integrity.  If that had happened to me, I think I would stay away too.
You couldn't possibly mean Ewan.

matt

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:15 pm »

You couldn't possibly mean Ewan.

i am sure it would take more then ewan to drive him away, afterall we all understand what the message board idiot posts is more often than not just a wind up

no offense meant ewan  ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:54 pm »
Who would ever have thought it window cleaners MEDITATING!! :o :o
I have done it on and off over the last few years and i agree with TOSH it is great and helps with all aspects of life , in face i must start doing it again ... OOOHHHHHHMMMMMMM ;D

dd

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:41 pm »
Just because we are window cleaners does not mean we cannot be enlightened  8)

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 11:07:47 pm »

A few years ago I would've ripped the mick out of anyone who meditated!  I only tried it since it was strongly 'suggested' that I do do it.  It was tough to begin with, but I've been doing it fairly regularly for about four or five months now, and its class. 

I honestly feel less stressed, less bad-tempered, have more energy, clearer thinking, and generally happier since I started doing this.

In fact I'm going to do it now; just 15 minutes; and I'll sleep like a baby unless Wor Lass has other plans for me.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:47 pm »

A few years ago I would've ripped the mick out of anyone who meditated!  I only tried it since it was strongly 'suggested' that I do do it.  It was tough to begin with, but I've been doing it fairly regularly for about four or five months now, and its class. 

I honestly feel less stressed, less bad-tempered, have more energy, clearer thinking, and generally happier since I started doing this.

In fact I'm going to do it now; just 15 minutes; and I'll sleep like a baby unless Wor Lass has other plans for me.

you need to work on your own window cleaning tosh

i spend 8 hours a day meditating lol while cleaning a pane of glass , then another then another etc etc it becomes 2nd nature and while doing it i drive myself bonkers meditating on one thing and another :)

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 11:41:46 pm »
I have done it on and off over the last few years and i agree with TOSH it is great and helps with all aspects of life , in face i must start doing it again ... OOOHHHHHHMMMMMMM ;D

Yeah I've done medicating too at times  ;D