Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thinking of selling up!
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »
After 20 years I'm seriously thinking of selling up and moving on to pastures new.
I've had a problem shoulder for some time and it's not getting any better. I cant decide whether to rent out the work or sell it on.

Selling it on would give me the money to re-train whereas renting would give me  smaller amount but more regular amount.

I dont want to employ as this is just too much hassel.

Any thoughts?

david thomas

Re: Thinking of selling up!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »
Would be hard to find something to match w/c I would try and rent your round if this works for you spend your free time building another w/c round and rent that one the 2 rounds may bring in enough income for you to live off

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:02:05 pm »
If you rent it out and the lodger ;D messes it up you loose your customers and money.
If you want out sell up and get the best price, then if the new owner messes up, it's not your problem

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:26 pm »
Hello there,

I'm a little confused, I didn't realise that people rented out their work. ??? ??? ???

How does this work then?

Kind regards. ???

George P

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:09:57 pm »
Hi, we spoke awhile ago about a job you had going, if you do decide to sell or rent then call me to discuss all options as i would be interested in either option 07813540596 or email enquires@powellswindowcleaners.co.uk many thanks george

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:10:17 pm »
If you rent it out and the lodger ;D messes it up you loose your customers and money.
If you want out sell up and get the best price, then if the new owner messes up, it's not your problem

That's what I'm thinking really. Plus I wonder whether a clean break would be best to concentrate on something new.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:36 pm »
Hello there,

I'm a little confused, I didn't realise that people rented out their work. ??? ??? ???

How does this work then?

Kind regards. ???

For every £100 on my books the person renting would pay say £20. The work would still 'belong' to the origional for a stated period of time.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 05:14:48 pm »
Hi, we spoke awhile ago about a job you had going, if you do decide to sell or rent then call me to discuss all options as i would be interested in either option 07813540596 or email enquires@powellswindowcleaners.co.uk many thanks george

OK will do. Was it the job in Wirksworth or the one in Edensor?

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:15 pm »
I think if you want to get out, then sell.
if you want to keep your hand in a bit, then look at employing, you have more control of what happens to your round ;)

C.C.S.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 05:27:55 pm »
wouldn't renting mean the same thing as subing?

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 05:49:57 pm »
wouldn't renting mean the same thing as subing?

Guess so.

George P

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »
i think it was the one in wirksworth but she never phoned me,

OK will do. Was it the job in Wirksworth or the one in Edensor?

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:50:10 pm »
I'm thinking of auctioning the rounds off. How about that?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 06:54:12 pm »
where is it all??

rednick

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:56:02 pm »
hi stuart,please keep me informed when you decide your next move as i would be interested in renting or buying some local work.

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 07:00:00 pm »
I'm thinking of auctioning the rounds off. How about that?
What area are you in ?

as per the post title,

I would be weighing up the pros and cons of the choice.

If you are really wanting to get out of wndow cleaning but can still do it for now, I would be selling it but hold out for top money, if that fails rent it out.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »
In North Derbyshire.

I haven't fully thought things through yet just typing out loud for now.

I have an interview for something on Thursday so that will determine what I do. I could always end up keeping half while I train for the new situation.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 08:53:49 pm »
What i think is that you should keep an open mind about window cleaning.To even think about moving away from it is the most stupid thing i ever heard from you.The renting won't work, and the selling won't get you what your business is worth.
You do not have any option at all but to employ.You have just got to make the best fist of it that you can.You've built a good business, carry on doing that- it's what you are good at, your niche, so carry on.

To carry on you do need a open mind though.Have a look at your options, business, franchises, whatever, and then look freshly at wc.

We are all good at some bits of the job and worse at others, you need to get out of your comfort zone and work on the bits you don't like, such as employing.You will earn less than you do now initialy, accept that and don't let it stop you.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 08:57:15 pm »
is north derbyshire peak district

chopsie

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 09:09:50 pm »
any in the Ashbourne area? or Derby end?
chopsie